I'm stuck at an absolute standstill [Can't enter to Kaer Trolde]

+
I'm stuck at an absolute standstill [Can't enter to Kaer Trolde]

I am at level 23 and I have been doing a ton of random exploring in Skellige. After a while I wanted to get back on track and go back to the main quests/storyline. I currently have two main quests active in my diary: first one is "In Ciri's Footsteps" where I have "Find out if Ciri is in Velen" checked off as well as Novigrad. Skellige is unchecked and there are no markers telling me where to go for that, but I'm kind of assuming that it will open up later as the game unfolds. That one I'm not too concerned about.

My other main quest, however, has me completely jammed up. It is "The King is Dead - Long Live the King" and I am at the part where I need to "Go to Ermion's Workshop." The problem is, when I get to the Bridge to Karen Trolde there is a gate blocking where I need to get in. A guard behind the gate says this every time I stand right against the gate: "Unfittin' to leave a wake early. You oughta knock back a horn with the jarl, in honor o' the deceased."

I tried meditating, that didn't work. I did about 30 side quests and discovered some question marks and then went back. Nothing. Here are a couple of pictures showing the gate as well as my quest objectives, any help would be appreciated.
wySHJ6m.jpg
zvPfqY5.jpg

Attachments

• wySHJ6m.jpg
    wySHJ6m.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 221
  • zvPfqY5.jpg
    zvPfqY5.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 207
  • zvPfqY5.jpg
    zvPfqY5.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Okay, this is new to me. I can't find anything from Google either. So, you did talk to Yennefer in front of that gate at some point earlier? And then instead of following her inside, you decided to leave? It seems to me that the game assumes you are in the castle.

Just a random idea... What happens if you put on those fancy clothes again? It probably wont change anything, but just crossed my mind.

EDIT: Title also changed a bit.

Are you on PC and using "Fast travel from anywhere" mod?

Last edited:
Top Bottom