I'm thinking of buying the Witcher and need some help..

+
I'm thinking of buying the Witcher and need some help..

Hello everyone
I've been looking into the witcher 3 ever since launch but havn't gotten it earlier due to not having any money. Now I'm starting to seriously consider getting the game but i'm not sure if my pc is up for it. I've tried the game on a pc and even on medium graphic settings it looks beautiful, so my question is;
do you think my pc would be able to run the game on at least 60+ fps on medium/high graphic settings?

Note: I'm running windows 10

Specs:

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

If i've missed a component just let me know and i'll add it.

Last edited:
Minimum System Requirements

• [*=1]CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
    [*=1]GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    [*=1]RAM: 6GB
    [*=1]OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    [*=1]HDD Space: 40 GB
    [*=1]DirectX 11

Recommended System Requirements

• [*=1]CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz or AMD AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
    [*=1]GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    [*=1]RAM: 8GB
    [*=1]DirectX 11

your system is better than minimum, but the gpu is below recommended, so you'll be fine, the game will launch and work, but most probably on low-medium settings not high nor ultra​

I think it should man, but why don't you buy a 950 or 960, should be a bit more pricy than a new 760 right? Not sure of your country but it is so here in Brasil

There is a hardware help thread in the forum take a look over there :cool:

Last edited:
i got the computer pre-built and the price was just right for the rig, if i had enough money right now to buy a 960 or 970 i would :p

---------- Updated at 04:05 PM ----------

Minimum System Requirements

• [*=1]CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
    [*=1]GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    [*=1]RAM: 6GB
    [*=1]DirectX 11

Recommended System Requirements

• [*=1]CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz or AMD AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz
    [*=1]GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    [*=1]RAM: 8GB
    [*=1]DirectX 11

your system is better than minimum, but the gpu is below recommended, so you'll be fine, the game will launch and work, but most probably on low-medium settings not high nor ultra​
Thanks man, that's what I've assumed since i took a look on the requirements, I'll probably end up getting it anyways though :)

Isn't 760 the card that gave people constant crashes? Dunno if that was ever fixed by drivers; can't trust nvidia with driver support for old hardware these days.

Isn't 760 the card that gave people constant crashes? Dunno if that was ever fixed by drivers; can't trust nvidia with driver support for old hardware these days.
hmm, didn't know about that part...I'll make sure to look into it before deciding. Thanks for the heads up

Pretty much all models of cards were giving crashes with certain driver releases, but it seems to be have been stable for the last few months. The one that seemed to come up most was the 970, but I think that was simply because it's so common, so people were thinking it was a problem specific to 970s, when in fact it was affecting everyone.

Anyway, the 760 is between minimum and recommended. You'd be struggling with ultra settings, but you should get a good experience on medium/high.

Last edited:
You can hard lock 30 fps High-Ultra. I have a system with the same GPU and an i5 3470, so it is from experience.

Game is good at locked high to ultra. No drops and it looks great. If you want I can post the settings used... :p

Last edited:
No, it's not, I've been playing on a 760 since launch and have not had any crashes. It can play the game just fine. It hardly qualifies as "old" hardware, it's only 1 gen old.

---------- Updated at 09:08 PM ----------

Pretty much all models of cards were giving crashes with certain driver releases, but it seems to be have been stable for the last few months. The one that seemed to come up most was the 970, but I think that was simply because it's so common, so people were thinking it was a problem specific to 970s, when in fact it was affecting everyone.

Anyway, the 760 is between minimum and recommended. You'd be struggling with ultra settings, but you should get a good experience on medium/high.
You can run a mix of Ultra, high, medium and low settings.

You can use ultra textures and it looks amazing, just be sure to leave foliage visibility to low or medium, no hairworks obviously, other settings you can play around with, I set shadows to low bc I can't tell the difference between low and ultra.

You can hard lock 30 fps High-Ultra. I have a system with the same GPU and an i5 3470, so it is from experience.

Game is good at locked high to ultra. No drops and it looks great. If you want I can post the settings used... :p

Hey man, thanks for this tip. I finally risked ultra settings with a few options reduced to medium or high and I get steady 30 FPS with a much more beautiful visual than before. My rig is kinda old for full Ultra settings in this game but with a very clean system running on it.

OS version: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Amount of RAM: 8192MB
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Screen resolution: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Graphics driver version: 9.18.13.5286 (somehow these old drivers from TW3 release works better for me than the latest version)

Hello everyone
I've been looking into the witcher 3 ever since launch but havn't gotten it earlier due to not having any money. Now I'm starting to seriously consider getting the game but i'm not sure if my pc is up for it. I've tried the game on a pc and even on medium graphic settings it looks beautiful, so my question is;
do you think my pc would be able to run the game on at least 60+ fps on medium/high graphic settings?

Specs:

8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

you can easily search youtube for "the witcher 3 gtx 760" and find many gameplay videos with that video card and see how the game looks. super simple. and to me it looks great.

Hello everyone

Specs:

8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

That seems like a solid system for running on mostly Med-High. You should be able to get Ultra textures if you're willing to sacrifice draw distance a bit. Honestly, the game looks gorgeous on Low settings, IMO. Details are through the roof on Ultra.

Performance-wise, if you're willing to sacrifice Vegetation Distance, Hairworks, and AO...you should be able to get 40-50 FPS pretty much everywhere. Read this and this for some insight on how the game will look/perform with various options.

Top Bottom