Im upset with the marketing staff

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole marketing team is ridiculous. I bet most of them didnt even now anything about the current state of the game.

Actually we dont know anything. We dont know why the bad release version happened and who is guilty or not. So posting stuff like this is just pushing out the frustrating feelings which wont help anyone.

They will take their consequences for what happened.

We just have to hope that they will make the best version out of cp2077 they can do. But first, since they are human beings like you and me, let them enjoy some rest and holidays.

With that said, merry christmas!

No. I'd say the execs who pushed for the game to be released when it wasn't finished are the ones to blame. Giving the Devs the time they needed to finish the game, the marketing people might not have been wrong.

Marketing did their job, they just did it dishonestly. They're 90% of the reason the game sold so well. And there's no way they didn't have the board's blessing either.

Most likely marketing hadn't even seen the entire game until it was launched. Like the rest of us, they were given clips and bits of the game, and told to market it. Considering the clips and bits of the game we saw before launch looked pretty damn cool, my guess is they thought the same thing.. There's a reason a lot of the marketing was done out of the UK and Russia while the game was being produced in house in Poland. Marketing wasn't connected in anyway, and couldn't say anything that they didn't know about.

Management kept their employees in the dark just as much as they kept us in the dark. Proof.... when their own PR department sent out a tweet saying the game would not be delayed any longer in November, and suddenly management turned around and said the exact opposite the next day.

Can't blame people for doing their job, when they're only given a tiny fraction of the story.

Agree, but the marketing of the game has always been like this, a lot of hype, the fundamental problem is not the market, but the management and development capabilities are so low to keep up with the marketing hype

It's not the fault of the marketing team. Unless upper management is incompetent that is.

Why, they managed to sell 13 mil copies of an undercooked, cobbled together shell of a game... they'll probably get a bonus for that. ;)

Pointing your finger at the wrong people. The guys and gals in marketing did what they are paid to do. Blame management for mishandling the game from day 1. They are the sole reason this game released unfinished and featured stripped.

Yes because surely the videos they put together weren't approved by anyone.

Because that's how marketing works.

It's not even just the hidden console footage. I mean for a game with this much loot drops everywhere and anywhere not a single gameplay trailer CDProjekt shared had a single colored loot dot. Not one. You can't avoid it as it's a big mechanic of this game yet none of that was shown, wonder why?

Did anyone think this game was going to become a looter shooter? I sure did not.

Blatant false advertising and poor business practice. Also I just read the investor lawsuit is a green light as well so unfortunately CDProjekt is going to be in the spotlight again.

Well we don't know if the marketing were aware of the situation however i always defined the marketing around Cyberpunk2077 very toxic.

Celebrities,Real life bands a lot of smoke but no roast shown.

Luckily i am not that gullible and i love to see what a game has to offer before buy. Sadly.. My brother fallen in to the trap and puchased the game and yes he is upset too.

The misleading and blatant lies these people have been pushing for the past few year should have some consequence.
Just saying.
On the contrary, they did their job, they got us to purchase the game and play it for whatever amount of hours we played, imagine that collectively we all must have millions of hours invested in the game, lord did that marketing work, kind of annoying to admit it tho.
Having said that, having a hollywood star in the game is always worrisome, not because keanu did a bad job, on the contrary, he was amazing (breathtaking lol) as Johnny, but that usually spells trouble for a game, just look at shaq fu, or similar games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom