Image Quality of 1.04

+
Similar discussions:

Dear CDPR, 2077 is an amazing work. I have spent 30 hours in the game for three days. But I have to say that the v1.04 update is destroying the gaming experience of players who pursue high-end graphics.
Bring back npc's hair quality, pls!
Bring back npc's skin texture quality, pls!
Bring back the true and natural feeling of the picture, pls!
My PC setup is 5800x+6800xt. In V1.03, I can get a stable 100 frames experience with CAS turned on.
The most impressive part of the game is the texture of the NPC's hair, Hideo Kojima's face, and Yoshinobu Arasaka's face.The picture quality is perfect.
I remember when I saw the face of Arasaka Yoshinobu from a first-person perspective in a super dream, I was thinking: "Damn, this is what the next-gen game should look like !"
Great job, red engine!

But after updating v1.04, I no longer have this idea.
Excluding the npc's face/hair details, the whole picture looks more greasy and blurry, giving people an over-rendered unreal feeling. When I moved, the trees in the distance were a fuzzy mess.
I don't know what sharpening algorithm you used, but this algorithm is far from radeon image sharpening and CAS in my opinion. I even suspect that you secretly lowered the rendering resolution of the game.
There are others who think that you have reduced shadows and global illumination, which is not obvious to me, but this possibility is not ruled out.
After updating v1.04, my frame rate did not get any improvement. On the contrary, most of the time I can't stabilize 95~100 frames, often at 75 to 85 frames.

Some people think game become more 'Sharp and clear' after 1.04 on PC platform. NO! IT'S NOT!! Go check it out for yourself, pls.

Dear CDPR, after discussion with most people, here are some practical suggestions: "Film Grain" and "Chromatic Aberration" options should be turned off by default, especially the latter, which will make the TAA blurred picture worse . This effect is just too much.

Bring back v1.03 image quality, pls! Or at least give us some graphic settings for us to choose.
jinu.jpg

Post automatically merged:

:cry:

Last edited:
I won't play the game like this. Cannot stop seeiing the stupid Sharpening effect everywhere... Faces, distant textures, finde details like hair or skin.

Why the fuck is no one talking about this? Does everybody really like this "in your face sharpening filter"? I guess if nobody starts giving this downgrade importance, time will pass and we'll accept it like we did with TW3 uh... appalling

Some examples in this post: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/forced-sharpening-in-1-04.11045372/

I didn't really noticed any graphical difference between 1.03 and 1.04 EXCEPT insane sharpening filter, it's so strong it's insane.
I bet if we could just disable it the graphics would return to their 1.03 glory. Because that sharpening filter gives the game cheap modded tasteless look.

All the blatant spots and blemishes on Jackie's face are very distracting after the update. On everyone's faces actually.
I thought maybe I might have enabled some kind of sharpening filter by accident.

I think an image will explain it better than a few words:

Check the slider linked below:

chrome_VsdKXsDn9V.png

Just look at the skin, the shirt, the numbers on the badge or some of the background details on the top.

Another example:

chrome_vUpirUc3bU.png

Both images taken with the same settings: 1440p maxed out, no DLSS, no RTX, no grain, no lens flare, no MB

Settings:
Settings (1).pngSettings (2).pngSettings (3).png

Last edited:
I didn't really noticed any graphical difference between 1.03 and 1.04 EXCEPT insane sharpening filter, it's so strong it's insane.
I bet if we could just disable it the graphics would return to their 1.03 glory. Because that sharpening filter gives the game cheap modded tasteless look.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's all about sharpen

Last edited:
Hmm you're right it got worse! Feels like something something AA thing.

Hmm you're right it got worse! Feels like something something AA thing.
It's definitely TAA related, games with TAA often include sharpening options. And I want to stress the word OPTIONS, because it's optional.
Here's my old example of terrible TAA implementation in RDR2.
Untitled.png
Left - TAA with medium sharpness
Right - MSAA (which is broken, later I just started using downsampling with TAA) with FXAA

You can clearly see there are many artifacts on the left with inappropriate sharpness
And on the right is clean image without any excess effects (even though people shit on FXAA)

Cyberpunk is the same, when you add sharpness on top of TAA it makes the whole game look like an ugly fan made graphics mod.

Top Bottom