Imlerith boss fight is ridiculously hard

+
Imlerith boss fight is ridiculously hard

The last phase is ridiculously hard because he teleports around and your control directions keep changing all the time because of the target lock and sooner or later you'll roll or dodge towards him and he stunlocks and kills you with one combo.

I bet the dev who thought teleporting boss would be neat never actually tried to play it with the shitty target locking system this game has.

mhh I thought that part was way too easy. You just have to look right at him, then he teleports behind you you roll to one side and face him again. What do you mean with the target locking thing? Can you use the auto lock thing (z) on him? I thought it would go away once he teleports so I didn't bother.

I haven't used target lock since the tutorial, it does more harm than good. On death march he was easy if I'm honest. All you do is see him teleport, so you roll away then start hitting him and roll away again when he attacks or if he teleports again.Some Witcher contracts were harder than he was.

Just gotta wait for him to smack the ground with an overhead swing. Then you pounce for a few quick strikes and then let him repeat his routine again.

I killed the boss with like 17 (!) hits on my first try at Blood and Broken Bones, way to easy. Got more Problems killing the Griffin at the Start :p

A tip: Use Igni on him, it will break his "ice shield" and make him take more damage from normal sword attacks.

Funny, I beat him in my second try on highest difficulty. I hadn't prepared for his second mode the first time, but after knowing that it happens there wasn't really anything special to it, since he just repeats the same moveset. Ofcourse I also had what I'm almost inclined to call an in-universe cheat code, namely Ekhidna Decoction, which heals you every single time you spend stamina. So spamming Quen not only shields you from attacks but also heals you from the ones you didn't manage to block.

Yeah that's what I meant, dodge to the side while looking at his former spot and wait until he is stuck in the ground and then hit him once. I managed to kill him first try on what ever the hardest difficulty is called. he didn't hit me at all in the second phase, I actually was glad he entered that phase cuz I had used all my potions in the first one and he hits like an absolute truck there, taking almost 80% of my health in a single hit.

Playing on the second highest difficulty I beat him on my second try without taking damage.

Took a thunderbolt potion, got him down to about 50% health with normal fighting, then I unloaded on his back with Whirl, killed him before he had a chance to even enter his final phase.

Although I should also mention that I did outlevel him by 4 levels I think it was. Still, Whirl kicks ass!

Managed to beat him after I spent my unspent ability points on alchemy line so the stamina regen potion was more powerful and I could get more Quen uptime.

I didn't have overleveled character and had the lvl19-20 Cat Gear on me. It's ridiculous how I could do the first phase without Quen and not taking any damage but in the second phase he was way too fast and could kill me with the 3 hit combo that stunlocked my character. In the end of the game Eredin was much, much easier boss, even too easy.

I played the game on second highest difficulty.

That was a tough son of b***h. I don't know why no one mentioned this but you need to wait till him struck the hammer to the ground in the 2nd phase. And once you repeat the phase three times, the cut scene will start.

I would not express it that harsh, but yes, it basically is fucking bullshit from a combat design point of view.

why?

1- quasi-Immnue to damage signs, sign gameplay for him is completely useless except for control effects, making it a sword-only fight.

2- he has the IQ of a retarded UMA, meaning he always uses the same 5 moves in the same row.

3- He is just a hit sponge, you can do the fight with bare hands if you aard - hit - hit -aard etc, its trivial and the battle kinda lost its excitement through that.

Like all "bosses" in the witcher 3 he needs more. The bossfight actually have been the worst fights in TW2 and T3.

Last edited:
I would have to disagree, I finished this boss fight the first time on the hardest difficulty, its one of the easier encounters.

I found he was the easiest of the Wild Hunt Bosses to be honest, slow and very predictable - reminded me a bit of the Tower Knights from Dark Souls minus the teleports obviously. The teleporting I just rolled out the way as soon as he appeared and then spammed fast attack to get a couple of hits in quickly, sometimes even 3-4 hits before disengaging. The Mage I found harder while dodging the Golems and ranged attacks, trying to get enough damage before he disappeared.

I would not express it that harsh, but yes, it basically is fucking bullshit.

why?

1- quasi-Immnue to damage signs, sign gameplay for him is completely useless except for control effects, making it a sword-only fight. BORING!
2- he has the IQ of a retarded UMA, meanign he always uses the same 5 moves in the same row.
3- He is just a hit sponge, you can do the fight with bare hands if you aard - hit - hit -aard etc, its trivial and the finale kinda lost its excitement through that.
4- He is not lootable. You have the king of the damned hunt and YOU DO NOT LOOT HIM WHAT THE HELL. I want his sword. Now.

He drops an acorn which when consumed gives you 2 skill points.

Top Bottom