Imlerith boss fight is ridiculously hard

+
At this point in the game you should be completely overpowered.
I dropped this guy on my first try by just by using quen and the echidna decoction.

The last phase is ridiculously hard because he teleports around and your control directions keep changing all the time because of the target lock and sooner or later you'll roll or dodge towards him and he stunlocks and kills you with one combo.

I bet the dev who thought teleporting boss would be neat never actually tried to play it with the shitty target locking system this game has.

Dont use target lock, it restricts the camera movement way too much. Fight him freely.

This is the strategy to use against him- wait for him to teleport, you dodge away, second time he teleports you dodge away then quickly come back, because every 2nd teleport he will slam his hammer and stay static for a while, you strike him then. As a general rule, just keep your quen up at all times, in case you make a mistake.

Also if you go back to the cave, there is a loot box right before the crones room. There is a relic sword in it.

I don't count that as valuable loot, boss items should be unique (maybe even a choice one out of several items). The game throws relic items at you at a frightening rate and witcher gear is very easy to acquire anyways. The best boss drop so far is the magic acorn, well and pretty much the only one.

He gets exhausted after every third teleport giving you a perfect opportunity window to do damage. Its really one of the easier boss fights in the game. Like all the boss fights you should not think of it of a hacknslashfest. Just wait for your chance, do damage, escape, avoid and do damage again. There are very few enemies you can outmatch in a constant melee brawl.

i've managed to "kill" final boss with whirl.. (not really kill due to animation that followed, but won the fight that way after a while) but i really struggled with Imlerith... for some reason sometimes i rolled the incorrect direction just to get hit twice and end up dead..

The way you approach your enemy is important, you cant just rush up on him and expect him to die in a couple of hits lol

Everyone says "dodge him! dodge him!" well, folks, here's the fucking problem: I CAN'T DODGE HIM. He teleports, I roll to the side and GET FUCKING HIT ANYWAY. And he always, always, ALWAYS lands two fucking hits. I don't understand. I don't fucking understand how anybody is able to dodge this guys fast fucking assfucking attacks. No matter what I do I can't get out of his way and it's making me want to fucking punch somebody in the face over and over again.

Yes. This retarded fucking boss fight is fucking goddamn bullshit.

Just so we're perfectly clear, you do know there are two kinds of dodge, and the dodge we're talking about here is the dodge roll? Because if you do dodge roll, you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever.

Because if you do dodge roll, you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever.
I have the same problem as Granite_Devil and I do know how to dodge-roll. Yet he hits every time. I can perfectly do his first form. But second form just kills me instantly. Tried to sidestep, dodge-roll, hold alternative Quen, doesn't matter, he just hits through anything. And kills.

Use decoction, Ekidna, Troll and ancient leshen will be enough to fight Imlerith if you spec w/ alchemy. If not go w/ Ekidna due if you use sign it will heal you. Ancient Leshen is like a tawny owl. Troll counter the effects of poison when drinking 2 to 3 decoction.

Yrrden and blizzard is also useful against Imlerith due it will slow down Imlerith last form. If you spec w/ signs.

Personally Imlerith is the hardest wild hunt boss fight in the game.

took me a lot of tries too. So I used the potion of clearance as my last resort and applied all my Ability points to sword combat and quen which dominated him

If someone is still having trouble with him, use Ekhinda + Archgriffin decoctions and all you need to do is invest only 3 points into tier1 mutagen talent. But I'm warning you, it's so overpowered that it will break any challenging fight, even on deathmarch difficulty.

He was quite easy to defeat. I used whirl attacks on his back and when he started teleporting I fought him like a foglet, dodge or leap and strike.

I almost never resort to quen

Last edited:
The last phase is ridiculously hard because he teleports around and your control directions keep changing all the time because of the target lock and sooner or later you'll roll or dodge towards him and he stunlocks and kills you with one combo.

I bet the dev who thought teleporting boss would be neat never actually tried to play it with the shitty target locking system this game has.

Actually i beat him on hardest difficulty on my first time ;) I dont think his that hard if you fight him right

You can cheese him just before he starts phase 2. Keep on hitting him, he won't be able to do his first teleport and he will keep his shield. I got 3/4 of his remaining health bar like this.

Top Bottom