Imlerith: Sabbath

+

Should Sabbath be removed from the game?

• Total voters

Guest 4226291

Imlerith: Sabbath

So of course with a new patch we needed our obligatory broken card that slips past development.

This card is disgusting. I mean it’s good that they put heal instead of boost, except that he gets armour no matter what, and it keeps increasing making him unbeatable. Not to mention, if you Royal Decree into him and he survives that turn, you only have one turn to kill him before they play the myriad of cards to him invincible (Mandrake, Wyvern Scale Shield, Parasite, etc.). And basically every turn you’re losing your strongest unit and he keeps getting 2 more armour every time he kills your unit.

If they Royal Decree into him and he lives, you pretty much have no chance to take him out on your turn unless you have a random Manticore Venom in your hand. Then of course they play Adreniline Rush which is the last nail in your coffin.

Guest 4226291

Hellsmoke77;n10580042 said:
1 viper witcher - dead
1 thunder - dead
1 panther - dead
1 mandrake - dead
1 rockslide - dead
1 manticore venom - dead
1 assassin - dead
1 Iorvith - dead

I could go on for days not to mention all the create cards that create lock.

Yeah, not many. Only runestones. And Panther, Alzur’s Thunder don’t kill him if he’s Royal Decreed. And rockslide? How exactly does that kill him? And so the other cards are only Alchemy Nilfgaard, Elf Swarm (if you even draw Iorverh) and assassin is awful. The fact that you think we should tech bad cards just to stop it is ridiculous. You should probably think about that.

EternalJxx;n10580082 said:
The fact that you think we should tech bad cards just to stop it is ridiculous. You should probably think about that.

You can't be for real actually...
>I have to play cards to counter my opponent
Yes. Yes, you do, that's healthy interactive multiplayer gameplay

Imlerith: The Bane of Point Vomiters. :)

I just created a deck with this guy and he alone devastates any non-interactive deck. Against decks with removal or locks he usually doesn't survive/active for more than 1 turn.

EternalJxx;n10580082 said:
Yeah, not many. Only runestones. And Panther, Alzur’s Thunder don’t kill him if he’s Royal Decreed. And rockslide? How exactly does that kill him? And so the other cards are only Alchemy Nilfgaard, Elf Swarm (if you even draw Iorverh) and assassin is awful. The fact that you think we should tech bad cards just to stop it is ridiculous. You should probably think about that.

If you bring him out with royal decree he is 7 points and 2 armor, thats a 9. Alzure's thunder hits for 9. With the mass amounts of removal being a trend I find it hard to believe you can't remove one 7 to 9 power card. As mentioned above we have to include all kinds of stuff to tech against the meta, run mandrake. It's a healthy card to have anyways for when you run into consume.

Hellsmoke77;n10580332 said:
If you bring him out with royal decree he is 7 points and 2 armor, thats a 9. Alzure's thunder hits for 9. With the mass amounts of removal being a trend I find it hard to believe you can't remove one 7 to 9 power card...

It is a smart idea to have good removals, but sometimes you just don't have them in hand. And when gets Mandraked and get to 11 an resurrected later - it is a game over.

Such a cool card. It's basically: "You kill me now or lose the round." It's insane how much power it gives you. I'm glad at least some of the new cards had interesting designs. Hopefully they bring out more cool cards like this and Cerys: Fearless.

Not sure what rank you guys are playing at, but at higher ranks he gets instantly removed, locked or controlled by any other way.

i tried 3 different decks in ranked with him yesterday as i thought this card had potential and went 0-3. It's just not good enough for gold slot.

I got him in my Arena deck, and in one game my opponent countered him (after he'd killed one unit) with a huge Djenge Frett. :p

I can see how he's a problem if you don't have any removal/locks/big units, but I think he's fine the way he is. At least until someone plays him against me when I have no counter.

If he is the soul reason to remove (brouver) point vommit from the meta, I will do a happy dance.

I love love playing him. even if he gets removed right away he will have done a decent amount of damage.

And lets not all start crying for a direct nerf. Let people first adapt their decks to him and see what that does for the dynamic of the game.

I think he has a rather nice design, maybe we can go back to a point where we need some build up for a powerfull card.

The self healing might be a bit too much (we'll see...), but overall I really like the card and there are indeed a lot of ways to deal with it

Brouver will just Cleaver Imlerith and laugh. But the Francesca swap deck can just concede round when Imlerith is here

partci;n10580632 said:
It is a smart idea to have good removals, but sometimes you just don't have them in hand. And when gets Mandraked and get to 11 an resurrected later - it is a game over.

Weren't you the one that told me to "stop crying" about the NG handbuff decks dropping 23 point bronzes? I complained about not being able to remove the initial 14 points remember?

I'll tellyou the same thing now, stop crying about the 7 points because they are easy to remove.

Guest 4226291

Mathspy;n10580212 said:
You can't be for real actually...
>I have to play cards to counter my opponent
Yes. Yes, you do, that's healthy interactive multiplayer gameplay

I am real. I can confirm that. My point is that you shouldn’t be forced to tech bad cards just to counter it.

EternalJxx;n10581852 said:
I am real. I can confirm that. My point is that you shouldn’t be forced to tech bad cards just to counter it.

So what should happen? You build a deck and we mold the game to suit your deck? Not how it works, adapt or suffer. I am all for balance and will always speak out if something is op but I'm going to have to go on the other side of things this time. Mandrake is already auto include in this meta, I suggest you use it.

It's a 7 point high priority target, if you can't remove that you need to take another look at your deck. Also, every silver mage has a removal, most factions have a few cards to deal with this,what faction do you play where you feel the need to play bad cards in order to remove this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom