Imlerith: Sabbath

+

Should Sabbath be removed from the game?

• Total voters
Lost around 5 games today due to this damn card. Even had Vandergrifts blade on my NR deck due to this card alone but guess what you dont always get to have it on hand. Even if you wanna play Mandrake instead you need more then 1 cards to have easy access to it. What do you propose we do swap our entire decks around due to those cheating decks?

No idea why you have to wait for homecoming to fix it cards that are broken should be fixed asap. Right now it just ruins the game especially since we have ranked play. Seeing those braindead decks on 4,2-4,3 k is just disgraceful.

Anyway no GG for Sabbath decks and personally i just tab out and play my cards on the last second to waste their time. Nice game.

Seriously fix it. Just add the doomed tag to it its not that hard should have been done months ago.

I really don't understand this. They have a card in the game and someone uses it and your solution is to try and waste their time by letting the timer count down. Why punish them because they are using a card provided in the game? Just quit and move on.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I fully agree this card is nasty. It's the most broken / abusive card I encounter in competitive play. It's the only card I would nerfed if I had some sort of say in the matter.

Jesus Hrist, i dont think this "remove that card" its healthy idea. Yeah Lets remove more sinergies, make gwent more pointspam. :mad:
I agree sabath can be anoying but i didnt even bother to run mandrake for it because Kayran luvs him.
My sugestion is that he regens armor only if frost is on board so it sinergies with WH.

According to Reddit, the new stat as of the Homecoming alpha is:
  • Imlerith: Sabbath: 5, Order: Damage a unity by 2. 1 Cooldown. 2 Reach
For reference: Geralt is an 11 point card now and Igni triggers on a row with 15 or more. So 2 points are a decent damage but this doesn't look gamebreaking.

How can greatswords fight against sabbath? The latest build in meta snapshot doesn't have mandrake.

Last edited:
I actually laughed mutiple times reading through this thread at the number of times someone used the phrase "high risk, high reward"

I don't think anyone that said this actually understands "risk".

He is a "same risk as any other 1 single card" play, with HUGE rewarding outcome. When countered, he is a "same risk as any other 1 single card" play, with "same countered outcome as any other countered card" play.

That makes him a "no risk high reward" play.

That makes him a "no risk high reward" play.

If your deck revolves around Sabbath, it's a high risk. With 90% of the Sabbath decks I have faced, the opponent instantly forfeited when I Mandraked Sabbath.

If your deck doesn't revolve around Sabbath then you probably don't have many buffs at hand. This also means Sabbath can be countered more easily, besides directly shutting him down, like playing a strong (high) enough unit or just passing the round. Yeah, Sabbath can be AR'ed or ressed, but those kind of decks usually don't run either.

Any proper competitive deck runs counters regardless, not just for Sabbath. As such, Sabbath decks will always remain gimmicky tier 3 decks.

Anyhow, after everything said, it still remains an annoying card that should be blasted into oblivion.

If your deck revolves around Sabbath, it's a high risk. With 90% of the Sabbath decks I have faced, the opponent instantly forfeited when I Mandraked Sabbath.

Anyhow, after everything said, it still remains an annoying card that should be blasted into oblivion.

From what I'm reading about utilization of Sabbath, "instantly forfeited" shouldn't be happening because this unit shouldn't be getting used in the early match.

I haven't actually faced him since I read up on him though. At this point i just have to cross my fingers that I draw spells when he's played. I have a hard enough time drawing what I need vs solid players as is. Mixing in additional cards just makes it more of a coin toss in every match to account for the few.
Post automatically merged:

Just throwing this out there: There are already Monster units using the "immune" attribute. I could be wrong, but I don't think any other race is using this. This is one of the few Monster units using armor.

A suggested alteration to align Sabbath and still keep him uniquely viable:
-Remove the "armor" and "regain armor" aspect.
-Add "immune"
-Make the duel target random

This would keep it aligned with uniquely "Monster" attributes, keep it a unique dueler (still the only dueler that is an every round duel), still regain strength on win, but lose the ability to auto-kill the highest enemy unit. I think the "random" piece will help offset the untargetable nature.

Just an idea. And purely because I think the "vote" in this thread should be a "alter this card" instead of a "remove this card"

Last edited:
From what I'm reading about utilization of Sabbath, "instantly forfeited" shouldn't be happening because this unit shouldn't be getting used in the early match.

There are some players that save Sabbath until the last round, in the hopes that you have spent all your counters. The win rate for that kind of tactic isn't much higher. However, if the Sabbath user is more experienced, (s)he can use the best time to play Sabbath, increasing the win rate.

Adding Immune to Sabbath is a terrible idea which has been discussed in a different thread. There are ways to boost him like Mahakam Ale and Thunderbolt potion that will make this card straight up OP.

Adding Immune to Sabbath is a terrible idea which has been discussed in a different thread.

Fair. I don't think the guy should be removed. I was just throwing a suggestion out there for a re-work.

There are ways to boost him like Mahakam Ale and Thunderbolt potion that will make this card straight up OP.

I would hope people raise issue with this as a bug rather than finding new workarounds or excuses. If this is all that's holding you back from supporting Immune, then maybe Dev should consider fixing Immune. This is a Beta after all.

Immune is fine. You can‘t really change it without making it kind of pointless.
From my point of view it is just not a good tag for Sabbath.

i have played against this card 2 times now and both times he was broken.
i am talking about imlerith: sabbath.
both times when the dual started, he attack with 5, weakens my enemy (one time cleaver other time can't remember but even stronger).
both times when i attack back, i only remove 1 shield... what?? cleaver should at least have removed both shields right since he had 2 power left?
and after that. he is ffin unstoppable.
to defeat him in the first dual, you already need a power 17 card, but afcourse you don't challenge a power 17 card. after the first dual which he always wins, you are required to get a power 19 card out of nowhere. he is so insanely strong as a starter card, you basicly win every game. cause if you have imlerith: sabbath, you get adreniline rush, and boom, continue, stronger then ever next round. ffin impossible.
only way to win is by chance have some destruction card that eliminates him instantly.

i have played against this card 2 times now and both times he was broken.
i am talking about imlerith: sabbath.
both times when the dual started, he attack with 5, weakens my enemy (one time cleaver other time can't remember but even stronger).
both times when i attack back, i only remove 1 shield... what?? cleaver should at least have removed both shields right since he had 2 power left?
and after that. he is ffin unstoppable.
to defeat him in the first dual, you already need a power 17 card, but afcourse you don't challenge a power 17 card. after the first dual which he always wins, you are required to get a power 19 card out of nowhere. he is so insanely strong as a starter card, you basicly win every game. cause if you have imlerith: sabbath, you get adreniline rush, and boom, continue, stronger then ever next round. ffin impossible.
only way to win is by chance have some destruction card that eliminates him instantly.

You have to kill him immediatly. Two times, because an All-In Sabbath Player has Renew. You can't wait: he will be strenghtened in the next turn. Mandrake is a hard counter: he will be banished and you won the game against an All-In-Sabbath deck.

Top Bottom