Immersion at the beginning of Act 2

+
So here is a little feedback concerning the beginning of Act 2. This is where the map opens up completely and all the side quests become available. However, in my opinion that happens a bit too early and can break immersion in regards to character arcs. Specifically,
V and Johnny Silverhand hate each other at this point in the main story. V even blocks him with pills. In many of the side quests, Johnny and V interact as partners/friends though.
I don't exactly know how you would solve this issue, but maybe there is a way to "force" the player a bit more towards the main story until
V and Johnny are somewhat comfortable with each other
and only then open up all the side quests.

I agree, it is bit weird to see these two resolve their conflict so quickly, especially after
V was told the thing in the chip is taking over him.

Some extra build-up could really help, though I do understand that might not the the top priority.

I agree, it is bit weird to see these two resolve their conflict so quickly, especially after
V was told the thing in the chip is taking over him.

Some extra build-up could really help, though I do understand that might not the the top priority.
I'm not talking about how quickly the conflict resolves. I'm talking about the severe inconsistency in character interaction between main and side missions if you start doing side missions early in act 2.

So here is a little feedback concerning the beginning of Act 2. This is where the map opens up completely and all the side quests become available. However, in my opinion that happens a bit too early and can break immersion in regards to character arcs. Specifically,
V and Johnny Silverhand hate each other at this point in the main story. V even blocks him with pills. In many of the side quests, Johnny and V interact as partners/friends though.
I don't exactly know how you would solve this issue, but maybe there is a way to "force" the player a bit more towards the main story until
V and Johnny are somewhat comfortable with each other
and only then open up all the side quests.

This is another thing, along with the rushed lifepaths, that reinforced the idea that they build the main quest like this was a linear game.

Top Bottom