Immersion Comparison

+
Before the fanboys attack OP for comparing Rockstar to poor little CDPR.

In 2018 CDPR said Cyberpunk will have the same level of quality as RDR2.

and they advertised this game as the most immersive, the next generation of RPG titles and yadayada.

CDPR brought this comparison upon themselves.

Yep I want some official confirmation from the studio that the game will go back to the level of quality we saw in gameplay from the 2018 demo which was more in depth like RDR2

Yep I want some official confirmation from the studio that the game will go back to the level of quality we saw in gameplay from the 2018 demo which was more in depth like RDR2

One step at a time.
Post automatically merged:

Once we get a running last generation console version of the game going, then we can focus on improving everything.

Last edited:
One step at a time.
Post automatically merged:

Once we get a running last generation console version of the game going, then we can focus on improving everything.

Hilarious but I doubt they ever will unless its attached to brand new expensive DLC filling out the deserted house in the middle of the map.
Or some other half finished part of the game.

I don't really think that Cyberpunk 2077 should be as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2. RDR 2 is just a legend, and doesn't have verticality.

But Adam Kiciński does. At least the Adam Kiciński from 2018 did.

"Without a doubt, quality is of paramount importance. We strive to publish games whichare as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2, and recent Rockstar releases in general."

"So it pays to be among the best –that’s how you get a nice fat slice of cake, businesswise, and the same cannot be said for the lower leagues."

Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...projekt-group-teleconference-transcript-1.pdf
The response for the first question of Page 6, about Red Dead Redemption 2.

I don't really think that Cyberpunk 2077 should be as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2. RDR 2 is just a legend, and doesn't have verticality.
Why don't you think it should be. I mean, if it's possible, why not? Even more, why not build on those refinements and improve them?

Why don't you think it should be. I mean, if it's possible, why not? Even more, why not build on those refinements and improve them?

We're talking about a company that made up the "glorious" fixer mechanic.

In this way they could just make the same person voice a few lines telling some random story, while sending some "phone text" for the player, for the "details" (pretending that the phone call already told a lot about the mission).

By doing so, they don't had to create a proper model for the client, they only had to animate the upper body of the fixer, they don't have to hire a specific voice actor/actress nor create background story to V's client with some compelling reason to make the player help.

If you find a barrel with fire on top, try to shoot the barrel until it falls. Look at the fire. The fire stays on top of nothing (I'm talking about the 1.06 build of cyberpunk 2077 on steam). If you hit someone inside the car with the monowire, depending on the car, you'll kill them without making any damage on the vehicle.

Jackie's friendship development was resumed by a "youtube promo" video.

V can die in some places while running down some stairs, or depending on soil elevation difference. That's the level of physics on Cyberpunk.

Water doesn't even react to any kind of solid body colision. Even grenades explodes underwater as they are in the surface.

So that's why I think Cyberpunk 2077 shouldn't be RDR 2, it should try to be a regular/decent game first. If even in these basic elements that I mentioned it failed miserably, I ended up accepting that CDPR isn't capable of doing anything near close RDR 2.

They botched the launch for sure. However, judging by their track record 1. it’s not unrealistic to believe they’re capable of producing a game that not only operates well, but does have those small details RDR2 is credited for, and 2. The Developers at CDPR will do everything they can to make the game we all expected. I haven’t lost complete faith in the company just yet, but hopefully this terrible launch will just be a blip on a fairly high standard pro-customer history.

They botched the launch for sure. However, judging by their track record in the past, i believe that 1. it’s not unrealistic to believe they’re capable of producing a game that not only operates well, but does have those small details RDR2 is credited for, and 2. The Developers at CDPR will do everything they can to make the game we all expected. I haven’t lost complete faith in the company just yet, but hopefully this terrible launch will just be a blip on a fairly high standard pro-customer track record .

The big problems with the story decisions being irrelevant. All quests both main and side quests being incredibly short and their conclusions not mattering to the end game (besides if you did them or not) are not things you can fix.
This stuff is irreversible unless they scrap everything start over.

This game is a complete and utter disaster. The more I think about it anything they try to add is like using bandaid and shoelaces to keep a collapsing building from falling.

Good lord what a failure. Their track record could go to hell honestly, they will never recover from this.

Top Bottom