Immersion vs Gameplay exploits

+

Would you use exploits for infinite money/mats/XP etc...

• Total voters
So I was browsing the Cyberpnuk subreddit, and saw that apparently people have already found a bunch of exploits in the game to gain a lot of crafting XP and money.
I'm not surprised, but I personally would never use cheats or exploits to "cheat the system". I find it immersion breaking and just simply not rewarding.
I'm curious on what is the community's stand on this as a whole?

Last edited:
This game even on very hard is very easy atm that you can pretty much pick up any weapon and just shoot and win and not even pay that much attention to perks, so it"s better to just play how you like and not worry about stats or getting optimal gear. the culprit of this is AI is too passive in hiding behind cover and not pressuring a player enough.

as for in game achievements like buying all vehicles...yeah I can see that infinate money get"s you there much faster in having to avoid grinding credits.

and melee also gets boring pretty quick because of infinite health pots you can chug even if you're bad at dodging.

Guest 4375874

So you thought it'd be good to tell everyone such a thing exists? lol I knew nothing until you mentioned it....not that I'll use it anyway it's just an odd post to make to then say you won't post how
Post automatically merged:

This game even on very hard is very easy atm that you can pretty much pick up any weapon and just shoot and win and not even pay that much attention to perks, so it"s better to just play how you like and not worry about stats or getting optimal gear. the culprit of this is AI is too passive in hiding behind cover and not pressuring a player enough.

as for in game achievements like buying all vehicles...yeah I can see that infinate money get"s you there much faster in having to avoid grinding credits.
Have you done this or have you heard someone say it? I played on Hard straight away and Skull enemies have no problem kicking my ass. Obviously "moderate" level missions/enemies and below are just average but above that is another story. I have a hard time believing anyone is playing on Very Hard and claim they don't die at all. Who knows maybe I just suck but I have no issue with the difficulty so far

So you thought it'd be good to tell everyone such a thing exists? lol I knew nothing until you mentioned it....not that I'll use it anyway it's just an odd post to make to then say you won't post how

Have you done this or have you heard someone say it? I played on Hard straight away and Skull enemies have no problem kicking my ass. I have a hard time believing anyone is playing on Very Hard and claim they don't die at all. Who knows maybe I just suck but I have no issue with the difficulty so far

ok i have to clarify in that of course you don't just take on red skull enemies until you leveled.

Have you done this or have you heard someone say it? I played on Hard straight away and Skull enemies have no problem kicking my ass. Obviously "moderate" level missions/enemies and below are just average but above that is another story. I have a hard time believing anyone is playing on Very Hard and claim they don't die at all. Who knows maybe I just suck but I have no issue with the difficulty so far
I trust the exploits will be patched out eventually. And anyone who has the tendency to use exploits will be in circles already where they share info likes this.
Hell I don't ever use exploits and even I found out about it. I was just simply baffled for a moment why would anyone do it and then became curious if it's a widespread practice in the community. And if yes, for what motivation.

And it was more a st

And it was more a statement about my standingpoint on the matter, but I edited out so I don't sound contradicting.

Ziffa

Forum regular
ok i have to clarify in that of course you don't just take on red skull enemies until you leveled.
You could, it just take more time and you risk getting 1-2 shotted.
But you can either spam granades and put them in a permanent stun lock
Or use sniper to hit trought walls.
The issue is as you said, the AI doesn't even try to pursue you, it's like they are bound in the area where you find them, especially on Gigs or world encounter, sometime they get out of the area for some meters, and stand there or 1-2 try to push you while the rest wait.

Not sayng that they should be all agroed outside, but at least reset them in defence position so the player is constantly forced to play in the area.

I don't cheat in general. If a game is too hard, I just give up and consider that the game is just not for me.

I do occasionally exploit though if I feel it adds something to the game that the game should have had - e.g. I duplicate liquids in Terraria until they patched it and added bottomless buckets.

I'm also perfectly fine with "creative use of game mechanics" aka cheesing unless it's a very obvious oversight by the developer.

So I was browsing the Cyberpnuk subreddit, and saw that apparently people have already found a bunch of exploits in the game to gain a lot of crafting XP and money.
I'm not surprised, but I personally would never use cheats or exploits to "cheat the system". I find it immersion breaking and just simply not rewarding.
I'm curious on what is the community's stand on this as a whole?
I wouldn't cheat in such way, that is simply to ruin the game on purpose.

I do scum save in certain situations, but mostly if the game do not support what I think it should. Like buying a car for 80k without a chance to try it first, especially since I drive in FP and you don't really know if the car drives as you would like it to, or if you can clearly see out the windows as such.

But when it comes to everything else, like making decisions in the story, they stand.

And let me honest there is a lot of saving and reloading in this game in general anyway, mostly due to bugs.

xlawx

Forum regular
Some people look for challenge, love puzzle strategy and other want sandbox-mode. It's a matter of taste and fun is subjective.

I've been spamming soda machines then scrapping them for crafting components which I in turn sell by the bulk. Does that count?

It seems the FPS players are having little to no difficulty with CP2077.
Myself, as a TOTALLY HOPELESS FPSer find I die a LOT so in hopes that crafted armor with the armor inserts will help once I get the appropriate skills in crafting I will use the dup bug to make enough inserts for my armor.

And then team CD project red, there is a question with subtitles that is kind of boring and should be very simple to implement in the next patches. I play with subtitles turned off with the localized audio in my language, Portuguese. When there is a scene or conversation with characters who speak for example, Japanese, as in the scene of Yurinobu and Arasaka, they are speaking Japanese so I always have to activate the subtitles in these moments to understand. Would it be possible, even with subtitles disabled, that they would appear at these moments just to understand the dialogues outside the game's language without having to keep turning on the subtitles in the options? Thank you very much and thank you for the great job.

Jokes on u, I DON'T READ! :smart:

Also, you should've added an option like "No, exploits are bad. But I am totally using them at the moment"

i use a bug to get lot of money not to have better gun but to have expensive cyberware, buy lot of car for the fun and buy all the expensive blueprint (rare,epic,legendary). For the moment I cannot craft a lot of component above epic (because the one by one craft restrained is silly), so i can buy componenent with money. I litterally empty the cash buyer in 1mn to have faster cosmetic things.

You could, it just take more time and you risk getting 1-2 shotted.
But you can either spam granades and put them in a permanent stun lock
Or use sniper to hit trought walls.
The issue is as you said, the AI doesn't even try to pursue you, it's like they are bound in the area where you find them, especially on Gigs or world encounter, sometime they get out of the area for some meters, and stand there or 1-2 try to push you while the rest wait.

Not sayng that they should be all agroed outside, but at least reset them in defence position so the player is constantly forced to play in the area.
I've actually had the AI pursue me. In my first playthrough with my Netrunner, if they figured out where I was, they'd come after me with a vengeance. Now, playing my Razorgirl, they chase after her after I ran in and sliced 'n diced a few of them. Of course I can exploit this by waiting around a corner and letting them close to melee with me (bad idea for them), but a few of them get smart and toss grenades, or come in with a shotgun or melee weapon themselves.

I think the AI reacts to the player. If you sit behind cover a lot, the AI tends to do the same. If you mix it up, it mixes it up. Of course, if you're a dirty little Netrunner like I was in my first playthrough, the poor bastards probably never see you 80% of the time, lol.

I see no real problem with people using exploits, bugs and even save-scumming (which is technically an exploit too).
1. It's a single player game. Whatever one player does, does not affect any other players' game whatsoever.
2. Several things could use a *lot* of re-balancing, tweaking and fixing.
Have fun leveling your Athletics without sticking a piece of paper under your quick melee button to get it stuck.
Good luck aquiring all those funds to get your rides.
Want to level that iconic you got early on? Any idea how many materials that's going to take? Seriously, it's beyond rediculous, even with perks! The main reason why Skippy is such a great weapon, is because it levels itself! Sure, he's a great choom with all his chatter, but his best quality is that you don't need to upgrade him.

And all this while, people can play this game perfectly fine without leveling their equipment, just using the best whatever they pick up along the way. Nobody needs every car, there's plenty of perfectly useful cars and bikes in game. But all that kinda bites with the idea that you can be whoever you want to be, in a setting where presentation and being recognizable and making a name for yourself is everything. The resource balancing in this game (funds and materials) is really quite bad, and especially the crafting bit could use a big re-balance (like, capping cost at ~20 pieces of a material per upgrade), while the pricing of some things (especially cars and bikes) could use some lesser tweaking. Most cars could do with a simple 70-95% pricecut, several should be in the $700-$7,000 range, rather than the $10,000-$80,000 pricerange. They're supposedly second hand ffs! Only a few deserve their $100,000+ pricetags.

Now, don't get me wrong, overall this game is great, runs almost perfectly on my RTX 2070 system at 1080p (yes, I have raytracing enabled), I don't see the point in a bigger screen for gaming. In my 160+ hours played, I've had:
-3 crashes to desktop (all seemed strongly related to reloading saves, so I suspect there's a memory leak related to that)
-2 times falling through the map (haven't found anything that similar between those two occasions yet, didn't try reproducing it).

That's not much really, I've played plenty new releases that did worse than that (*every* single Bethesda game, most Actiblizzion games, several Ubi$oft games, even some EA games.)
Overal, I really don't get all the bad reviews and whining. Sure, there are some problems, and anyone with a last gen console should've suspected that the game wouldn't run as well nor pretty on their toybox when compared to a relatively recent PC. [...] Would probably have been better if CDPR hadn't released those versions at all, but, ah well.

Top Bottom