Immunity & Blue Mountain Elite

+
Played a round a few minutes ago.

Opponent had a single werewolf on his melee line, played the Blue Mountain Elite - 4 damage didn't trigger.

Immunity - as per the card itself - blocks you from MANUALLY targeting the card. BME's ability is not a manual target ability - it's automatic.

Non-manual damage attacks work on immune cards as per plenty of other cards.

Bug? Please fix. This small issue caused me to lose the game in the end.

Blue Mountain Elite has reach 1 so if you deployed BME on the back row it does not reach the wolf.

Also if he had TA (the card you receive if you go first on the first round) it might count towards the second card on the row.

Otherwise it's a bug.

Played a round a few minutes ago.

Opponent had a single werewolf on his melee line, played the Blue Mountain Elite - 4 damage didn't trigger.

Immunity - as per the card itself - blocks you from MANUALLY targeting the card. BME's ability is not a manual target ability - it's automatic.

Non-manual damage attacks work on immune cards as per plenty of other cards.

Bug? Please fix. This small issue caused me to lose the game in the end.
BME's ability is manual, you should be able to target the enemy unity if you want to damage it. I know given the only card condition it should have been automatic, but it`s not.

BME's ability is manual, you should be able to target the enemy unity if you want to damage it. I know given the only card condition it should have been automatic, but it`s not.
It's not manual though.

Go ahead and try it yourself if you don't believe me. When you deploy BME on the board when the enemy has a single unit in the melee line it will automatically deal 4 dmg to that card. It does not require you to manually select/target the opponent's card as that wouldn't be necessary given the fact that the ability can only be used when there's one enemy card in the lane.

He's right its automatic i've tested it. Haven't encountered an immune unit like his though.
And it's normal to be automatic for reach 1 because there's only one instance it works. If the card had reach 2 might justify to get it to manual target.

Yeah, there are some serious inconsistencies with certain mechanics.

Another one is how if your opponent passes and you play Rot Tosser as your last card, the game will end before the cow carcass triggers, even though you haven't actually passed on your turn, like the opponent did. The expected result is that the turn should cime back to you with an empty hand, where the gane passes and end the round.

Super inconsistent and unintuitive round phases. :/

He's right its automatic i've tested it. Haven't encountered an immune unit like his though.
And it's normal to be automatic for reach 1 because there's only one instance it works. If the card had reach 2 might justify to get it to manual target.
IIRC prior to the patch that went live a week or two ago BME did have a reach of 2 and I THINK you could manually select the lane. I could be wrong, but I do know they changed something with the card but it wasn't the amount of DMG.

IIRC prior to the patch that went live a week or two ago BME did have a reach of 2 and I THINK you could manually select the lane. I could be wrong, but I do know they changed something with the card but it wasn't the amount of DMG.

Sounds like a true blue bug then, some perameters probably didn't change after the nerf to BME.

It's a bug. The ability is supposed to be automatic, so no targeting is needed.

Also, TA definitely does not count, as it is an artifact and not a unit.

Guest 4334474

Blue Mountain Elite atm is the worst 4 provision ST card there is hands down no contest. Not even usable all the time even before the rework. I made a post about Blue Mountain Elite day 1 of patch to iterate my displeasure of how overnerfed it was.

Yeah, there are some serious inconsistencies with certain mechanics.

Another one is how if your opponent passes and you play Rot Tosser as your last card, the game will end before the cow carcass triggers, even though you haven't actually passed on your turn, like the opponent did. The expected result is that the turn should cime back to you with an empty hand, where the gane passes and end the round.

Super inconsistent and unintuitive round phases. :/

Do you mean the last card in your hand or your last card in the game because last card in the game/round in your hand you end your turn by passing so the other player doesn't get a phase at all and it doesn't go to them or back to you

BME will be a carry over mechanic I'm sure from when it was two range so it was a targetted so I guess they set it to try and auto target for you but it can't automatically target an immune thing. Just my guess on how they programmed, no idea if they would want to make it work on immune or not balancewise.

Do you mean the last card in your hand or your last card in the game because last card in the game/round in your hand you end your turn by passing so the other player doesn't get a phase at all and it doesn't go to them or back to you

BME will be a carry over mechanic I'm sure from when it was two range so it was a targetted so I guess they set it to try and auto target for you but it can't automatically target an immune thing. Just my guess on how they programmed, no idea if they would want to make it work on immune or not balancewise.

Last card in game. It's really weird that the game just ends and doesn't follow a set turn structure and logically, it's nonsensical.

Probably balances Rot Tosser though, otherwise it would be a 5 provision igni.

No in that case rot tosser works exactly as expected tbqh.

Ususlly in a card game, there's a turn structure that is followed and that turn structure never deviates nor does it screw with how cards work.

So ideally, you'd have turns structured like this.

Coin flip phase
Draw phase
Mulligan/blacklist phase
Card placement phase
Pass phase
end phase

New turn begins at draw phase and repeats.

How Gwent does it is

Coin flip
Mullugan/blacklist
Card placement

And then depending on how many cards are left, depends on whether it stops at pass phase or goes to pass phase then to end phase.

That's messy, counter intuitive and doesn't make a lot of sense, logically as the game/round literally end without hitting the end phase.

I can live with it either way but when I 1st ran into this problem you know what I thought?

"What kind of crappy card game skips it's own turn phases?"

Then I realized that's the normal for Gwent and while I disagree with how Gwent does it, its mostly because it looks bad at 1st and is frustrating.

I mean if, for example, I was a nee player and had just gotten shredded by Sihil Trap spam deck, then was about to win and instead ran into this...I'd probably walk away from Gwent for a while.

Overall though, the solution is easy. Make a better tutorial. Or a freaking rule book that explains all this game state stuff adequately.

Just got out of a game where the same thing happened against Milva.

Yet again, an Immune card that's only supposed to protect it from manual targeting gets a free pass.

Come on CDPR - fix it or change the wording to including automatic as well

Blue Mountain Elite atm is the worst 4 provision ST card there is hands down no contest. Not even usable all the time even before the rework. I made a post about Blue Mountain Elite day 1 of patch to iterate my displeasure of how overnerfed it was.
I only use one, and its great.

Guest 4334474

I only use one, and its great.

Melee only row, can't target immunity, if not used quickly it can't be used period.

Every other 4 provision ST card will get you full value just about always, why risk having BME in it's current iteration when it has a chance at only being a 1 value card. No other 4 provision card has a distinct chance at being useless, you should reconsider using that one BME in your deck.

If they change it to where it can target immunity it has a decent role that makes it usable but remains dangerous nonetheless due to it's down sides.

Top Bottom