Immunity to Self-ICE Cyberware in 1.5?

+
So maybe it's something obvious I'm missing, but the notes say you can interrupt the revealing position hack by either taking out the netrunner in a group or if you have "immunity to Self-ICE cyberware" and doesn't elaborate on how that's obtained. I know of the Self-ICE cyberware you can purchase, but that just defends against enemy quickhacks like overheat, ect. Prior to 1.5 usually if I my quick hack killed my target I wouldn't have to worry about it, but if they were still kicking, I'd have to be ready for everyone getting alerted. My question really is how does someone now get immunity from being revealed? Did they change how Self-ICE works or was this a classic miswording from CDPR in the notes and there's a new trait in the skill tree?

Thanks in advance for any help!

My take is that Reveal Position is in the end just another quickhack, even it's not available to player.

Never try, if I wanted to be "discreet", I just avoided to use any offensive QH (or a passive effect of legendary offensive QH)
Maybe it changed in 1.5, but it could be easy to try. Install SELF-Ice and launch a bunch of offensive QHs on random enemies (in 1.31, there was a great chance to been located, almost 50% if not more).

Never try, if I wanted to be "discreet", I just avoided to use any offensive QH (or a passive effect of legendary offensive QH)
Maybe it changed in 1.5, but it could be easy to try. Install SELF-Ice and launch a bunch of offensive QHs on random enemies (in 1.31, there was a great chance to been located, almost 50% if not more).
Oh ya, in 1.3 I found if I was gonna try stealth with a bunch of enemies I found the only way to not get magically found was to perform Sonic Shock on anyone nearby or my target regardless of the type of quick hack. I never actually got Self-ICE, so maybe I'll look into that for extra protection since my main guy is mainly a netrunner. I just don't like how they worded it in the notes like there's some sort of new attribute, but as far as I can find in my own playing since my post, nothing seems to provide an "immunity".

Oh ya, in 1.3 I found if I was gonna try stealth with a bunch of enemies I found the only way to not get magically found was to perform Sonic Shock on anyone nearby or my target regardless of the type of quick hack. I never actually got Self-ICE, so maybe I'll look into that for extra protection since my main guy is mainly a netrunner. I just don't like how they worded it in the notes like there's some sort of new attribute, but as far as I can find in my own playing since my post, nothing seems to provide an "immunity".
Yep, the only "immunity" from my experience yet (before 1.5) is to not use offensive QHs when you want to be discreet (and above all, unequip legendary offensive QHs who have a passive ability, because this passive ability is also considered as offensive QH).
So it's not that's great :D

Yep, the only "immunity" from my experience yet (before 1.5) is to not use offensive QHs when you want to be discreet (and above all, unequip legendary offensive QHs who have a passive ability, because this passive ability is also considered as offensive QH).
So it's not that's great :D
OH! That's something I didn't know. I think I either have uncommon or rare hacks and haven't really come across legendary as of yet and I don't really buy them. I either craft what I can or use what i get from random drops. But that's good to know because that'd drive me crazy...lol

If you want, you can take a look in this thread. I try to explain it (no sure if it's clear, but I do my best^^)

Top Bottom