Impera Enforcers and why is that their ability works retroactively??

+
Impera Enforcers and why is that their ability works retroactively??

I would like to understand one thing, why is that the ability of Impera Enforcers works when they´re still in deck?? Because it does happen with the sinergy with Emissary, they are still beeing drawn and the ability is "triggering", at least write the card like Impera Brigade.

Card's description: Whenever a Spying Enemy appears during your turn, Damage an Enemy by 2. Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2.
So the Enforcers might be in your deck when your first play the Emissary, however if you draw the Enforcers and drop it on the board, the former played Emissary was played during the same turn as the Enforcers, hence its ability triggers. The description is already self-explanatory.

EazyR;n9664081 said:
(...) at least write the card like Impera Brigade.
It's not the same effect. If you play the Enforcers on the following turn after playing your Emissary, it won't trigger its spy abitily, only the Deploy one.

Last edited:
I´m going on beeing a little bit stubborn :) the card should trigger its ability while in play (Impera Enforcers) , its required something for it to trigger, how can it trigger if its in the hand/deck? its not stated in the card, like you pointed it says Whenever a Spying Enemy appears during your turn, Damage an Enemy by 2. Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 2 , so isn´t se required to be in play for it to trigger?

Well, I get your point and I can understand your confusion. However I see the way it works right now as if it was intended, and at least for me, the description is very clear.

Now taking the subject of this thread, an issue that was way more obscure to me when I started playing with NG and the spies archetype is that the order in which you kill the spies matter. Like if you played 1 Emissary into a 2nd Emissary into Enforcers, if you kill the last Emissary first, it interrupts the Enforcers' effect chain.

As Theodrik says the card's ability makes the enforcer fire for each spy that appeared on its turn, even if the enforcer itself deployed after it(in the same turn).
Regarding the other point brought up i actually think it is a bug or not intended at least. I mean the definition of " appears during your turn" should very well include the spies that appeared but got killed in the same turn. Even today i often make a mistake of killing a wrong emissary and i play spies quite a lot. Confusing at least if you ask me.

Theodrik;n9664601 said:
Well, I get your point and I can understand your confusion. However I see the way it works right now as if it was intended, and at least for me, the description is very clear.

Now taking the subject of this thread, an issue that was way more obscure to me when I started playing with NG and the spies archetype is that the order in which you kill the spies matter. Like if you played 1 Emissary into a 2nd Emissary into Enforcers, if you kill the last Emissary first, it interrupts the Enforcers' effect chain.

Regarding the first part i´m not confused :) the card works like you said like THEY wanted in a way that you can chain Emissary into Emissary and get value out of the Enforcers but nowhere in the card is stated that it works retroactively the ability.

The second part, contradicts the way the card works (on CDPR part) because if it works retroactively the trigger then it should fire the same even it the Emissary would get killed.

I pay close attention to how the cards are written, and there are more that have strange interactions that dont make sense, and by the way my backround is MTG so we pay close attention how everything is written to see if it can be taken advantage of :)

I agree that it seems weird that they get the trigger as well as the deploy when they are pulled by Emissary (multiple triggers in the case of multiple emissaries). It is as stated on the card, since it is one turn, but I'm not sure there are any ther triggered cards that work that way.

partci

Forum veteran
Perhaps you want them to trigger like Brigades? Imply 2 DMG for every Spy on the Enemy side of the board?

Please.

You ever played NG?

Enforcers are totally fine and actually pulled up NGF from the hole they were into in the previous patch (Tear 5).

partci;n9668271 said:
Perhaps you want them to trigger like Brigades? Imply 2 DMG for every Spy on the Enemy side of the board?

Please.

You ever played NG?

Enforcers are totally fine and actually pulled up NGF from the hole they were into in the previous patch (Tear 5).

First of all i have alot of hours playing NG, second of all never said anything about beeing like Impera Brigade, i said that it should be written like Brigade in the meaning that its clear how the card works.
Enforcers in an any point its says that it triggers other than in play, right? So why should it get a trigger while in hand beeing pulled by Emissary, or Joaquim they are already in play, thats my point.

Top Bottom