IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: FORUM MAINTENANCE

+
Sry to say but the new forum is terrible...really... i mean.. really !
The old one was so much better.. why 10 steps back ?
Also with the old forum i did not need to wear a sunglass ...

Edit , tried the B&W layout and it's a bit better, but that doesn't change how bad the forum is right now...
Gilthoniel;n6863810 said:
the forum is mess.

Yep.

Last edited:
Dragonbird;n6863760 said:
It's reverting back to that bloody awful default every time I load a new page.

I give up.

^ THIS

Also, we dont get any notifications when we receive Redpoints.

Also how can we tell what thread we have participated on has new comments? And how can we tell what threads are "hot" ? The old thread icons were way more informative...

Also, there is still not an easy way to find our comments in a particular thread, its great that the thread icon says "you have x amount of comments here" but how about a "go to your latest comment" botton? This is one of the things missing from the old forum, and missing from the new one too aparently.

Gilthoniel;n6860200 said:
This new forum well... I cannot view any topics which have over 100 pages. :(
Go to your profile -> account settings -> Posts per page and choose 20 for example. Seems to work at least for me.

Has their been an official response from whoever is responsible? It'd be good if they acknowledged that there are SERIOUS issues with this update, and if they do want to carry out this update eventually, they should revert back to the old version immediately, and afterwards they can fully test this update on a LOCAL/TEST version, making sure it integrates correctly with the PREVIOUS version.

I've genuinely never seen such a mess of a forum update before, ever. Please just make everyone happy and REVERT UNTIL YOU CAN SORT ALL MAJOR ISSUES OUT.

Sunsibar;n6867620 said:
Go to your profile -> account settings -> Posts per page and choose 20 for example. Seems to work at least for me.

Doesn't work for me. I go to account settings, change posts per page to 20 (and I've tried every one of them), I click save, and it just resets back to forum default. Like the setting doesn't even save for me, so I can't change the posts per page.

Few issues I'm experiencing:

- GOG.com avatar is no longer displayed for the forum avatar even though I use the GOG.com login. Checked the avatar settings and didn't see an option to use the GOG.com avatar.

- I can no longer see who gave REDpoints for my posts in situ, or others' posts. Clicking the 'REDpoint' text below posts doesn't display a list of users.

- There's no 'Go to last page' link at the top of threads, it's all the way at the bottom.

Otherwise I don't mind the new theme :)

---

Oh and btw the CDPR logo seen on the member profile pages isn't the same red as the accent colors of the forum theme stylesheet on Firefox with color management enabled (how it looks to me).

Original:

With gamma metadata removed using PNGcrush:

Last edited:
Coreda;n7398630 said:
- I can no longer see who gave REDpoints for my posts in situ, or others' posts. Clicking the 'REDpoint' text below posts doesn't display a list of users.

Click that number after the REDpoint text :)

Sunsibar;n7400340 said:
Click that number after the REDpoint text :)

Ah. Expected that was the area to click to give a REDpoint when signed in, since you can't see it when logged out. Thanks.

Top Bottom