Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+

Guest 4406876

Pro tip, when you say "release date: when it's ready" keep it like that and don't announce dates you can't keep up with. I understand the whole hype building thing that works in the direction of delays and so on, but now really, you need to release a masterpiece with no bugs and that runs on a toaster or else get your butt ready for some fisting from the community.

Good luck for your work anyways, still waiting for the game, and another eventual delay.

It is disappointing...the term 'profound sadness' comes to mind.

BUT, it's only 3 weeks. My main concern is if it gets pushed into 2021 but I really find it hard to believe that, seeing as though the game has gone gold. I don't think I've ever heard of devs working on a day 1 patch for 3+ months. So the December date has to be set in stone....right? Right?!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I do sympathise with those who booked time off work. That must really suck and be deeply frustrating. I sincerely hope you all manage to change it without too much hassle so we can all discuss the game in the days after the 10th.

I also guess that means they might be able to fit in two more Nightcity Wire's between now and then?

On the downside/plus side (depending on your stance), Naughty Dog fans all over the internet are celebrating the supposed certainty of TLoU2 now sweeping the boards during the GotY awards season - goes to show how important people feel this title could be ;) This is due to Keighley saying that CP2077 is now being moved forward for next years consideration. Maybe other game awards have a different calendar though.

Last edited:
Feels like falling from your bike, hurting your knee, short on breath, and the town's idiot kid comes poking you with a sharp stick while you're on the ground.

Good luck for the testing and all those things you need to do, just don't release it in 2021.

Please.

To be fair who care about GotY and Nightcity Wire, lets see that game, full gameplay skill and RPG they say it is, not some short clip from some random shooting or driving.

My only issue with this is that it was probably delayed because they developed for the PS4 and Xbox One and the game will still likely suffer for it.

They should have designed the game for PS5 and Series X and then the game's release would have been at a logical time, would have been beefier and wouldn't need to be designed with so many different platforms in mind.

Good! Take it easy and take your time.

I said a while back, when commenting on crunch, that I was willing to wait 60 days if it meant that the studio could take it easy.

I’m sticking by that opinion and if this means the developers get to take it a little easier, then I’m certainly willing to wait for 30 days.

Just made a cancellation of my pre-order. It is not because this news makes me upset or mad but because I don't care that much any more. Typical CDPR. Endless delays - 'good' project management. And this is not the first time. They had similar issues with The witcher, and they have similar problems with Gwent. Delays all the time.
Such delay means only one thing - the game is not ready. But why 21 days? how can they be sure they will finish within additional 3 weeks?
Well, I'll follow the news but no more pre-orders. Will buy it when it is released, probably it is going to be 2021 .

I don't understand why they couldn't just release a patch after release. I mean they said the problem is play testing right? Release what you have and patch it later.

Exactly. Grounded is doing this and it isn't even a "content complete" version of the game. I played it I enjoyed it and i'm waiting for more updates and I'm fine with that. CDPR has a content complete version, a delay made sense for the excuse to better optimize the game and to work out bugs. So now we know this delay is not about that. Sure they can get more work done and I hope they do, but this isn't about that. This is a back room deal with sony and xbox to sell more next gen consoles which have NO games out for them that we want to play.

I don't understand why they couldn't just release a patch after release. I mean they said the problem is play testing right? Release what you have and patch it later.

That's what they did.
The "gold" game is currently being pressed to be sold all around.

They're preparing a big chunk of day one patch seemingly.

I dunno what kind of game breaking bug can push a game back of 15days of work (given EU work laws for three weeks), probably less.

On the other hands, I guess we could live with a few bugs for 3weeks.

Top Bottom