Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Perhaps CDPR will finally show us some extensive footage that is unedited of actual said RPG gameplay mechanics in the same vein of the 48 minute demo.

At this point of time, they're marketing this game as 'Neon GTA'

We totally understand that CDPR is trying to provide us with the best game quality they could manage. And therefore we managed to withstand the first delay as we have our trust with you CDPR guys. But based on what happened today...We do need your altitude.

To what I understand, a "pre-order" is an agreement between players and game studios. By pre-ordering the game, I offer my trust and expect the "service" from you in return. Thus to some extent, the repeating delay of game release violates the agreement between us. Even if you do not think about the player who would ask for a refund (I personally won't) which would bring them a lot of mess, you should have thought about the player who reserved their annual leaves, holidays, days off from their wives, just for your outstanding game.

For the first delay, we offered you our trust. This time, whether it's going to be bonus contents or public demo play, we would like something in return. Would that be alright?

The reason they can't show much RPG elements is because that's mostly dialog choices. There are no social skills or non-combat related skills. So the dialog is the primary RPG element. Therefor they can't reveal it without spoilers. I wish there were more RPG elements, but that's what we're getting and if done well I'll be satisfied, though I wish there were more.

I mean... this is not a great look, to be honest. Take your time and all that, can't be easy to handle such a big launch with a pandemic going on, but hopefully lessons will be learned about announcing a release date too early for future titles...

Well great. I dont know how to explain to my boss about the vacation. I've been pushing it back and I have been working for over a year without it to save it for this game and was sure that 19th was the date so I had it set in stone today. It was plastered everywhere, no more delays yada yada.
Now I come and see this post and my disappointment is fucking immeasurable.
Not sure if I can personally trust this 21 day bs.
I've been always white-knighting for the company and I was sure it was coming out. Not sure what to think now. I cant think properly but I want to punch a brick wall.
That 19th November was thrown into our face constantly in all the trailers and ncw so this felt like flat out lying. It smells a lot like some people suggest to boost the sales of next gen consoles and I feel like they are trading their reputation for some dollars. The same slope that other great studios slipped and broke their backs. Will we get Cyberpunk 76 as multiplayer with 100 dollar subscription models next?

Someone put me into cryostasis

Well great. I dont know how to explain to my boss about the vacation. I've been pushing it back and I have been working for over a year without it to save it for this game and was sure that 19th was the date so I had it set in stone today. It was plastered everywhere, no more delays yada yada.
Now I come and see this post and my disappointment is fucking immeasurable.
Not sure if I can personally trust this 21 day bs.
I've been always white-knighting for the company and I was sure it was coming out. Not sure what to think now. I cant think properly but I want to punch a brick wall.
That 19th November was thrown into our face constantly in all the trailers and ncw so this felt like flat out lying. It smells a lot like some people suggest to boost the sales of next gen consoles and I feel like they are trading their reputation for some dollars. The same slope that other great studios slipped and broke their backs. Will we get Cyberpunk 76 as multiplayer with 100 dollar subscription models next?

Someone put me into cryostasis

Yes to all of this.

We totally understand that CDPR is trying to provide us with the best game quality they could manage. And therefore we managed to withstand the first delay as we have our trust with you CDPR guys. But based on what happened today...We do need your altitude.

To what I understand, a "pre-order" is an agreement between players and game studios. By pre-ordering the game, I offer my trust and expect the "service" from you in return. Thus to some extent, the repeating delay of game release violates the agreement between us. Even if you do not think about the player who would ask for a refund (I personally won't) which would bring them a lot of mess, you should have thought about the player who reserved their annual leaves, holidays, days off from their wives, just for your outstanding game.

For the first delay, we offered you our trust. This time, whether it's going to be bonus contents or public demo play, we would like something in return. Would that be alright?

Another 40 minute demo much like the one in 2018 but with the updated graphics, mechanics and cars would satisfy many people, including myself. After all of these delays, people are getting tired of waiting and need to see some actual game play and feel confident that their money is going to be well spent.

Sad for the delay, but 21 days is not that much. But sad.

It will probably feel far more longer for the devs.

GL HF CDPR team !

I went from being disappointed to being upset about it to just laughing at this series of events.
Now I don't know the nitty-gritty of the whole deal but from the outside this seems like a pretty big screw up it terms of management and PR. All those ads have November 19th on them and now: the billboards, the buses, the TV ads (those are easier to fix I guess). It's not about a 21 day delay but rather how this looks for CDPR and the game itself given that this is the... 3rd (?).... delay on top of constantly saying "no more delays!". If this were any other developer/game I'd be laughing my ass off.

I feel sorry for the people that took time off work for this.

I'll just assume this is going to get released in 2021 and be pleasantly surprised if I can play it this year.

It smells a lot like some people suggest to boost the sales of next gen consoles and I feel like they are trading their reputation for some dollars. The same slope that other great studios slipped and broke their backs. Will we get Cyberpunk 76 as multiplayer with 100 dollar subscription models next?

I used to (rant like an old man) write here that, with the hype, and the money floating around that project, they may be tempted to play it like the big one.

People were like "noooo they would never do that".

Now we'll have microtransaction in the multiplayer and the game is pushed, most likely, to support the new gens.

Just give us that damn game, or at least, release pc first and then do your console thing.

The delay, it never ends....

Another 40 minute demo much like the one in 2018 but with the updated graphics, mechanics and cars would satisfy many people, including myself. After all of these delays, people are getting tired of waiting and need to see some actual game play and feel confident that their money is going to be well spent.

Yeah that could satisfy me, I guess. But still how can we trust this 21 days delay now? I was gonna a pre order this tommorow.

There is this anectote of a pig that lived with 2 other pigs. And he thought it would be fun to scream " Wolf! " all the pigs ran out and just found him laughing.
2nd time he did it again, everyone panicked and ran out only to find him laughing.
The third time the pig actually saw a wolf and yelled 'Wolf wolf' and guess what. The other pigs didnt care cause they were sure he was joking.
The three pigs are now dead just like my hope of playing it on the vacation I booked.

Top Bottom