Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I've just booked my vacation. Yesterday.

Guess I'll just cancel my preorders (PC and PS4 both), and take a trip with my girlfriend to forget this game even exists.

[...]
Be sure to not come back. It's a dick thing to do, break a promise.

Hello entitled people.

Guess what, this year isn't a regular year.....learn that they are not doing this for you or to spite you, when any company makes a product there are ups and downs, delays and so on most companies just dont tell you.
Maybe look around at the hardware issues and supply that are being problematic all over the world to get a bit of understanding.

If you do not work in game development (or product development) you have no idea what it takes to release a game or the problems that can arise. They are well aware that this is not great for PR and have never just at a whim made the choice lightly, they are still a company that needs to get their product out.

If you cannot wait for a video game for 21 additional days (6 weeks and 2 days total from today) and/or are planning your life around a video game release date, there might be something you seriously need to look at beyond internet outrage over it.

Game announcement through actual development time, it has still only been 8 months total of a delay...and the rule still applies you are not entitled to get the game and play it when YOU demand it, nore what is in the game or features of it.

Your only right, is that if you pre-ordered you will get a copy WHEN it is released, or to not purchase it at all because of your outrage that they aren't placating to your demands.

Have a nice day.

Hello entitled people.

Guess what, this year isn't a regular year.....learn that they are not doing this for you or to spite you, when any company makes a product there are ups and downs, delays and so on most companies just dont tell you.
Maybe look around at the hardware issues and supply that are being problematic all over the world to get a bit of understanding.

If you do not work in game development (or product development) you have no idea what it takes to release a game or the problems that can arise. They are well aware that this is not great for PR and have never just at a whim made the choice lightly, they are still a company that needs to get their product out.

If you cannot wait for a video game for 21 additional days (6 weeks and 2 days total from today) and/or are planning your life around a video game release date, there might be something you seriously need to look at beyond internet outrage over it.

Game announcement through actual development time, it has still only been 8 months total of a delay...and the rule still applies you are not entitled to get the game and play it when YOU demand it, nore what is in the game or features of it.

Your only right, is that if you pre-ordered you will get a copy WHEN it is released, or to not purchase it at all because of your outrage that they aren't placating to your demands.

Have a nice day.

I would agree with you in principle and that it's only good that they're still willing to give their organisation some leeway... if it weren't for the purposefully condescending tone.

I think most people know in their hearts of hearts that they shouldn't let a game be the cornerstone of their lives. They're just really excited and are indulging in some exaggerated drama to vent their frustrations.

I still think devs and publishers should strive to release their products when they say they will. A series of delays should be avoided and are a symptom of bad management. The people upset are at least right on that count. CDPR should do better.

Last edited:

Could you at least promise to keep your social media team involved in these decisions? Because this is indefensible and inexcusable.

Ouuuch...

It's cumulative. They now have 9 platforms to test the game on (PC included; the platform used to make the game in the first place) as per their own words.
With "just PC", it's just PC.

True, it's weird.
Even big devs doesn't do that.
GTA 5 delayed the ps4 version, other did the same thing.

I guess there are contracts things with NDA, but yeah it sucks, they could release the game for PC and PS4/One.

Who cares about the Ps5, etc..? They could delay the release for it...

People who want next gen will grab one no matter what, but we will have to wait 3weeks just because of it :/

Didn't they already said that they struggled to run the game on Xbox on the latest delay?

What's wrong with that game? Lmao.

Uh oh, even Peter Molyneux decided to chime in.
This delay is getting to places... :D

:ROFLMAO: It's especially funny because of glass houses. You know you're in trouble when Molyneux calls you out on broken promises - not that anyone should take Peter serious. I'd almost give his tweet a fistbump because nobody could make a joke like that without some scathing self-consciousness. Then I remember that Molyneux probably has no such thing and he's being completely serious, and that's sad.

Guest 4211861

Hello entitled people.

Have a nice day.
You're right, it's my fault for trusting CDPR.

Top Bottom