Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Hello entitled people.

Guess what, this year isn't a regular year.....learn that they are not doing this for you or to spite you, when any company makes a product there are ups and downs, delays and so on most companies just dont tell you.
Maybe look around at the hardware issues and supply that are being problematic all over the world to get a bit of understanding.

If you do not work in game development (or product development) you have no idea what it takes to release a game or the problems that can arise. They are well aware that this is not great for PR and have never just at a whim made the choice lightly, they are still a company that needs to get their product out.

If you cannot wait for a video game for 21 additional days (6 weeks and 2 days total from today) and/or are planning your life around a video game release date, there might be something you seriously need to look at beyond internet outrage over it.

Game announcement through actual development time, it has still only been 8 months total of a delay...and the rule still applies you are not entitled to get the game and play it when YOU demand it, nore what is in the game or features of it.

Your only right, is that if you pre-ordered you will get a copy WHEN it is released, or to not purchase it at all because of your outrage that they aren't placating to your demands.

Have a nice day.
The problem is:
Many people (including me) planned their holidays around the launch.
Do you think my Boss will be happy when I tell him "Do you remember that holiday I planned for April, then moved to September and then to November? Yeah I want to move it to December now even though I said it won't be moved anymore"?
This mess refelct poorly on CDPRs capabilities in terms of time management.
Why not release the god damn game and release a polishing patch later? I am sick and tired of delay after delay

The problem is:
Many people (including me) planned their holidays around the launch.
Do you think my Boss will be happy when I tell him "Do you remember that holiday I planned for April, then moved to September and then to November? Yeah I want to move it to December now even though I said it won't be moved anymore"?
Why not release the god damn game and release a polishing patch later? I am sick and tired of delay after delay
Then people will complain about why the released an unpolished game after so many delays. They cant really win.

To be fair though, I'mma need to point out the irony of those statements. You've allowed your life to revolve around a videogame - regardless of how anticipated it is - and someone ELSE's time management. I'll go ahead and say that's poor time management capabilities on your part to be that dependent. Take back control.

Then people will complain about why the released an unpolished game after so many delays. They cant really win.

*Raises hand*

Much rather have a polished product. That's why I haven't planned on really getting stuck into it until my already planned, extended Christmas Holiday, which won't even revolve around CP77 in the first place. (To be sure, I would've tinkered on release date, but not to the extend of taking days out)

None of this "Disaster" is affecting me and at least I'll be relatively certain I'm getting a fully polished, bug-free experience, after the first 4 major patches a month after release. Bonus points for not having the feeling anyone worked themselves to death over my Christmas toy.

I want any time I spent on a product, to be of quality.

Hello entitled people.

Given the number of report (last one not being that long ago), the press event they made, NCWire, the super enthusiast 19th date release, it's not being that much entitled, it's more like a weirded out surprise.

They know the covid makes stuff difficult, they kept telling us the game is done and ready to ship, and then, there is a surprise extra delay.

Sure, it can happens. But after the third time... I'd probably give myself an extra bit of delay, just in case.

Either they're super bad at planning (which is pretty bad for a company that big, mostly that it's pretty usual with them), either some stuff are going on behind the curtain and they couldn't do better.

No way they "wasted" time adding a porche, an easter egg only known in Brasil, by people familiar with the tabletopgame, and random youtubers I never heard of that will asks me to help them with their dick, but oops, we forgot to test the game on Ps4, please, stop the pressing.

I don't blame them, but it's really opaque, and the same stuff are thrown around for more than a year "polishing, testing, blablabla".

The game was supposed to release in three weeks, they involved PS5 tests, so it's obvious the game is delayed for a system who's not even out and that most people can't afford right on.

I've worked in creative works, a deadline is a deadline. You usualy push the supposed date a few time ahead, just to be sure it'll work. They're doing their 4th game or something, on their own engine, on platforms they know, it's hard to swallow, once they planned all their game that they can't estimate a développement time, it's their job, I guess they can estimate how long it should be (as said in the CDPR memo, they'll need weeks to test it better).

I'm just surprised they didn't see it coming earlier.

Sure there is the covid, but now, it's been a while, they could be able to take the extra covid measure time as accounted.

It's pretty random.

To be fair though, I'mma need to point out the irony of those statements. You've allowed your life to revolve around a videogame - regardless of how anticipated it is - and someone ELSE's time management. I'll go ahead and say that's poor time management capabilities on your part to be that dependent. Take back control.

There is no Irony. Some of us DO NOT HAVE much free time. We're adults with busy schedules and obligations. You're mocking a guy for having to take vacation to play a game he's looking forward to. This shows entitlement on your part that you have the luxury of not having that burden to choose between waiting several months to play a game you've been looking forward to for a long time.

Usually I wouldn't do such a thing, but given the mysterious disease from an unknown country *cough cough* doing the rounds currently, my normal holiday plans were scrapped. And if they said no more delays (which they did) I assumed it's a done deal, but no, they had to upend everything by going back on their word.
I like CDPR and I am patient but it has been 194 days since the originally planned release and even my patience is slowly running out

*Raises hand*

Much rather have a polished product. That's why I haven't planned on really getting stuck into it until my already planned, extended Christmas Holiday, which won't even revolve around CP77 in the first place. (To be sure, I would've tinkered on release date, but not to the extend of taking days out)

None of this "Disaster" is affecting me and at least I'll be relatively certain I'm getting a fully polished, bug-free experience, after the first 4 major patches a month after release. Bonus points for not having the feeling anyone worked themselves to death over my Christmas toy.

I want any time I spent on a product, to be of quality.

Agreed looking at the twitter responses of some of the developers and social people, they found out the same time we did. I feel sorry for them mostly, the have to face the people for saying they wont be any delays and such.

Uh, yeah, of course, how these entitled worker gamers, most of them with families, and other obligations dare to plan their vacations based on CDPR promisses because it's the only time they'll be free to really enjoy the experience? How dare them? HoW DaRe YoU gUyS TrUsT CdPr? JoKeS oN yOu!

I'm one of those idiots who planned a week from work to play this game which I cannot reverse. Lots of firsts already with this title for me. First game I ever pre-ordered. first game I took a vacation for too. Right now I find it hard to see the positives here.
Guess my naivity is largely cured.
Because I have been gaming for more than 20 years, in retrospect maybe I should have known better.
That being said I still feel strongly it will be a superb game whenever that day comes.

Yeah, this a pretty big yikes for me. I can understand one or two delays, but now, without knowing what the real issue is, I can only see this as indication of a real mess, especially after all the ads and promises. I (probably...maybe) won't cancel my pre-order, but I wouldn't blame others if they lose their confidence in the devs over this.

With that said, I really do have to ask, why would people plan vacation over a game that's yet to be released? Delays happen, and dates are never truly guaranteed. And, unless you plan on playing every waking hour, is a week really enough to play through this one, anyway? If y'all are so busy, whatcha gonna do after that time off is done? Not saying CDPR didn't screw you over, but still : / ...

I'm of course sorry, but I really hope your transfers will be worth it. And I hope that you at least think about how to please people for their expectations and pre-orders and patience. thanks

How about 238, from the original release date?
(if I didn't miscalculate)

Fortunately I have a lot of things to do beside waiting for CP 2077 to be released. Counting days from original release date is not one of them.

Therefore, I'm in a far more confortable position than devs for at least the two coming months towards the CP 2077 situation.

Being sarcastic won't help to launch the game faster.

I'm one of those idiots who planned a week from work to play this game which I cannot reverse. Lots of firsts already with this title for me. First game I ever pre-ordered. first game I took a vacation for too. Right now I find it hard to see the positives here.
Guess my naivity is largely cured.
Because I have been gaming for more than 20 years, in retrospect maybe I should have known better.
That being said I still feel strongly it will be a superb game whenever that day comes.

Ditto man. I just got confirmation from my boss that I can cancel and then apply my vacation on the new date so long as my backup is fine readjusting his schedule which is asking a lot given the sudden short notice, but since I'm a great co-worker likely he'll do me a solid.

Top Bottom