Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Slapped this together quickly, now to go play Witcher 3 and forget about this game for a little while. xD

Delayed2077.gif

A bit sad. But after waiting this long already, another few weeks isn't going to hurt. It's still going to be 2020, so that's good.

PC here, as always. I couldn't bring myself to game on anything else. I prefer control and customization.

Jokes aside, is CDPR the first developer to delay a game AFTER it has gone gold?

As far as I'm aware, yes.

That's why I'm hoping that this delay really is the last. I find it (or at least I hope it is) extremely unlikely that you have a game being burnt to disc, ready to ship and sell, but then development goes into next year while they work on the day one patch and compatibility issues for next-gen consoles.

Everyone should be concerned here. What possible state could the game be in that a "gold" game gets delayed? I believe that's the only game that's ever gone gold and then been delayed.

How much credibility do you destroy doing this versus releasing on time with the small bugs being fixed via update a few weeks later. What massive issues are they really facing that makes that option not the better one?

Guest 4406876

Yeah, this a pretty big yikes for me. I can understand one or two delays, but now, without knowing what the real issue is, I can only see this as indication of a real mess, especially after all the ads and promises. I (probably...maybe) won't cancel my pre-order, but I wouldn't blame others if they lose their confidence in the devs over this.

With that said, I really do have to ask, why would people plan vacation over a game that's yet to be released? Delays happen, and dates are never truly guaranteed. And, unless you plan on playing every waking hour, is a week really enough to play through this one, anyway? If y'all are so busy, whatcha gonna do after that time off is done? Not saying CDPR didn't screw you over, but still : / ...
The real reason is: "It doesn't run on anything else that isn't a pc so since we signed a simultaneous release date on every platform because yes we do develop on pc but we can't be PC boys or else we lose important money from the console market we have to push back everything even if PC is ready to ship to make it run on shitty system we might have to cut the PC version for as well." This is how I understand their statement, because remember, this isn't a PC game. It's a console game developed on PC.

Edit: Oh and BTW there's no way they'll be able to finish testing in 21 days window, unless the game is in a horrible state atm and it will be slightly decent at launch. So expect the worst, either another delay or problems on day 1. (on pc I don't care about nerfed PCs...aka consoles).

Everyone should be concerned here. What possible state could the game be in that a "gold" game gets delayed? I believe that's the only game that's ever gone gold and then been delayed.
Considering the unprecedented global reaction to the pandemic and all (or most) devs working from home, a few week delay is more than understandable for any developer, from triple A to indie.

Yeah. Just ask Duke Forever.

I don't care about the delay itself. I'm ready to wait as long as the game needs.

But it looks like CDPR bit more than they could chew with this one.

Same here. I don't base my life and time around videogames. If it delays, it delays. It'll be ready some day and if it takes longer that expected (again), I'll check it out then if it still feels worthwhile.

But the interesting thing here is what all's behind this. It does seem so that CDPR really did bite more than a mouthful with this. And overconfidence is not a virtue.
The whole 9 platforms with 10 or however many localizations thing already sounds... preposterously overt and redundant.

There is a time to prioritize, and here it seems to have been forgotten with a stubborn "we can do it all" mentality.

Maybe this sort of thing is also the reason for the rumoured shift in design at 2016 and why the game feels like it wants to give everything to everyone (though, within the confines of an open world RPG shooter/sim).

I can't help but wonder what it all would've looked like if they kept their original idea for the game (provided that the 2016 thing really was a thing). Who knows, that game might be out already and we'd be talking about expansions here.

DAGNABBIT

A colleague just walked in & goes "What do you think about the delay..?" To what? "Err...Cyberpunk..." WHAT!?! Say it ain't so...don't make it so. "Oh, it be so."

Had to confirm just now. It be so.

Fvck.

Considering the unprecedented global reaction to the pandemic and all (or most) devs working from home, a few week delay is more than understandable for any developer, from triple A to indie.
No other game has been delayed this many times this year, so I really hate hearing that cop out.

Again, the game had supposedly gone gold already. What could they have possibly run into that they'd need three more weeks. It's concerning because if there is something that desperate to be fixed, how broken is the stuff they don't consider essential/crucial to launch?

It's concerning because if there is something that desperate to be fixed, how broken is the stuff they don't consider essential/crucial to launch?
If we just take what they stated at face value, then we can't read any more into that. The statement by CDPR only mentioned quality assurance across all platforms, specifically "everything works well and every version runs smoothly". To me that's more about tweaking than fixing something that's broken. It sounds like on at least one or more platforms that the game didn't perform as well or reliably as they wanted.

If I had to read more into that statement it's that they're probably struggling with logistics of shipping some of those platforms to developers and QA engineers to tweak settings for the engine. But again, that's going beyond what they stated.

At this point I canceled my order and will wait till its cheap, i took out a vacation time, just to play this game and now ANOTHER push back after they said it was golden. Naw, good luck who ever stay with this game on release date. ✌

No other game has been delayed this many times this year, so I really hate hearing that cop out.

Again, the game had supposedly gone gold already. What could they have possibly run into that they'd need three more weeks. It's concerning because if there is something that desperate to be fixed, how broken is the stuff they don't consider essential/crucial to launch?

I/we can only hope that they're simply applying high standards and that they're delaying because they want a close to immaculate product. Not that they're desperately applying bandages to a busted mess.

EDIT: Putting my hope in Cypher_Nemo's explanation of the multi-plat thing.

i took out a vacation time, just to play this game and now ANOTHER push back after they said it was golden.
That sucks. I feel that pain, as I've done that before throughout my gaming history. I've learned never to schedule vacation time around launch dates. Hopefully this would be the last time you do that too.

The most recent launches I coordinated with vacation time that were disasters: Diablo 3 and Star Trek Online. But also WOW and EVE Online Trinity were pretty much horrid launches.

Again, the game had supposedly gone gold already. What could they have possibly run into that they'd need three more weeks.

TL;DR It's possibly because of pushing next-gen consoles as close to their limits as possible in time for a simultaneous release of 9 versions.

I've got no idea but I've read a few comments here and there guessing it's a next-gen certification issue. People saying that Microsoft and/or Sony have come across technical issues (or have technical criteria) that need ironing out by CDPR.

Take with a pinch of salt but seeing as though the statement says, 'Cyberpunk evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way' it might be close to the truth.

Maybe it's Stadia causing a problem? No idea.

My overall impression, like others here, is that the PC version and current gen console versions (when you add the day one patch as it would be) are good to go. Or at least they could be released on Nov 19th and be no more buggy than a good quality title. Just my best guess.

Last edited:
Well it's just 21 days so it ain't that much of an extra wait; this will probably mean more NCW episodes but hopefully they show more substantial gameplay instead of things like cars, guns or whatever.

There is no Irony. Some of us DO NOT HAVE much free time. We're adults with busy schedules and obligations. You're mocking a guy for having to take vacation to play a game he's looking forward to. This shows entitlement on your part that you have the luxury of not having that burden to choose between waiting several months to play a game you've been looking forward to for a long time.

Well you sure have a lot of free time since you're posting here all day long lol. The fact that you planned your day offs on a particular week is between you and your employee, nothing to do with CDPR so they own nothing to you.

In general, I see everything like this:

1) It was necessary to release the PC version a long time ago, and we would have played it out ourselves + would send fitbacks for bugs, + would help to improve the already playable Game on APRIL 16, 2020.

2) Problematic Consoles to move with the release, but as I understood the problem was big with the old ХBox = release the Game for PS4 in September, after collecting the fitback and find out about errors, but already satisfied with both PC Players and PS4 players are already playing.

3) Bring to mind on Xbox and release it last, since such problems, then collect fitbacks of problems already with it, and with PS4 and with PC (at that time, already from PC and PS4 there will be a big fitback where you need to edit).

4) On the Nex Gene Console in 2021, transfer the Game from the PC version, because technically it will already be allowed.

5) Problems solved = Players are happy = playing, the fitback is going, correcting, Everyone is Happy, bought and buying the Game.
тик так).jpg

What's the problem with the Game?

Top Bottom