Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
How about a tv ad sorry for the delay guys it's just a few more weeks. It better be a few more damn weeks or my pre-order can be put to way better use than waiting for a game that's been delayed so many times.

Like others have already said it's not the date thats the problem it was reassured that there would be no more delays all the tv ads and it being so close. It's almost unbearable that this can happen so late into development and the campaign advertising.

And I dont wanna hear nothin about crunch and all that other BS. I do overtime quite a bit like millions of other people on this planet mandatory or not. Just get it done and quit F'n around with these delays. Damn!

Don't forget the pretty boys they must be reworking because everyone find male romances ugly.

Seriously though, I bursted out laughing at this 3rd delay announcement, not gonna lie. This one came out of nowhere lol
One can hope. There were a couple of nice backs though.

This really came out of no where. I have been counting down the days every day for the last 35 days for the November 19th release date. Finally less than a month out and then this happens. How could we have seen this coming? The game went gold and we received every reasonable assurances. Even up until yesterday. It was inconceivable that the higher ups would pull the rug out from under both the devs and the customers. I'm not one to hold grudges, and I've held CDPR in very high esteem. However, with this I know I can't trust a release date given for future games. I sure hope that I can trust this latest one as I am going to try to maneuver my vacation to work with it. If not that's 7 years of vacation time saved and wasted.

There's no way in hell I'd cancel my pre-order as I still have full confidence in the quality of game they're producing, people doing that I can't understand. I believe the developers in CDPR, like the developers at Warhorse studios, are very passionate about their work. Perhaps not all of them, but I do believe in them collectively. While this delay has knocked the wind out of my daily growing enthusiasm I still maintain high hopes.

One can hope. There were a couple of nice backs though.

This really came out of no where. I have been counting down the days every day for the last 35 days for the November 19th release date. Finally less than a month out and then this happens. How could we have seen this coming? The game went gold and we received every reasonable assurances. Even up until yesterday. It was inconceivable that the higher ups would pull the rug out from under both the devs and the customers. I'm not one to hold grudges, and I've held CDPR in very high esteem. However, with this I know I can't trust a release date given for future games. I sure hope that I can trust this latest one as I am going to try to maneuver my vacation to work with it. If not that's 7 years of vacation time saved and wasted.

There's no way in hell I'd cancel my pre-order as I still have full confidence in the quality of game they're producing, people doing that I can't understand. I believe the developers in CDPR, like the developers at Warhorse studios, are very passionate about their work. Perhaps not all of them, but I do believe in them collectively. While this delay has knocked the wind out of my daily growing enthusiasm I still maintain high hopes.

It's such a meme at this point haha. I believe it's a first in gaming history that a game is delayed after it's gone gold. Like you, I won't trust any game release dates going forward and I'll consider CP2077 truly out when I have it in my hands.

This definitely sucks but let's remember this decision was made in the executive suite and the individual devs working a 9 to 5....9 to 7....9 to 10?...are doing their best to get this game out.

There is a storm coming. You execs better batten down the hatches cuz when it hits you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.

I had absolutely no problems at all on the PC version.
And some people say they have seen zero bugs in bethesda games. Doesn't mean those games are perfect, just means they didn't pay attention.

This definitely sucks but let's remember this decision was made in the executive suite and the individual devs working a 9 to 5....9 to 7....9 to 10?...are doing their best to get this game out.
And now their crunch became 3 weeks longer.

Isn't it possible to release the current gen Version or at least the Version for the press or even something like a beta or demo on 19th?
I already took days off to play it and was really hyped and i would prefer playing a version with some issues over sitting around in my free days just being sad that I could have played it but i can't.

If that issnt possible I understand, its hard being a programmer, some people just took their last vacation for the year in this time and can't reschedule it...

Here is my "out there" prediction.... There is no way this game is now coming out this year. This is a just lead in for the announcement mid November (by then we would have calmed down) that they want to focus on new gen only at this point. Game will be September 2021.

Funny, just a few days ago, I defended you from some hater. He claimed that you would delay the game again. Now I have to apologize to him and think about it, because his words are more realistic than yours so far.

(16.4.; 17.9.; 19.11; 10.12. - what is the obsession with Thursdays?).

This starts to look like one of those Kickstarter scams. I consider this new delay as a slap in my face because I entrusted you with my hard earned money and I receive nothing in return. This was a big financial effort for me (in Romania 67$ if about 1/3 of my salary). I don't give a shit about those other 8 platforms. Release the game for them when it wil be ready. Give me my PC version. I am going to cancel my preorder and I am not going to buy it ever again. You don't deserve my trust and money!

And then people wonder why they're not showing how smoothly PowerPoint slideshow 2077 runs on consoles...

I hope at least on next gen hardware it will hold rock solid 30fps in backwards compatibility mode. And don't think we'll see any next gen version with ray tracing and any time soon. Like earlier than 1 year soon.

Again, I don't believe the game is really coming on the 10th. Early 2021 sounds way more likely. So next gen version early 2022?

Last edited:
4 real? This is BS. 21 days lol what can you do with that? I dont get it? Show me!! Better be worth the wait and preorder. No more delays?
This small delay will give enough time to their PR department to come up with a plan to announce the real delay to 2021 :D

On a (more) serious note, people who complain about lack of transparency (things like this are not decided overnite) forget to consider that CDPR, or at least its parent company is publicly traded. One of the first things you'll learn in a MBA is that everything revolves around stakeholders, and while also the company clients are stakeholders in a sense (and I stress that we're talking about stakes, not stocks), as a manager you always have to maximize the profit for the stakeholders. Profit, not satisfaction. This is an important distinction. What's the difference? In the past some companies were managed to chase satisfaction, but this brought them to ruin. By maximizing profit, you'll ensure viability of the business and, at least for some of the stakeholders, profit is also instant satisfaction (i.e. outside investors). For clients, well... If CDPR releases CP2077 now it would bring satisfaction but, afterwards, there will be endless complaints for whatever reason this game got delayed again: in other words, instant gratification, but long term damage to reputation and business.

So according to Jason Schreier's source within CDPR, the internal email detailing the delay was sent at the exact same time as they announced the delay on social media.

This means that the devs were not part of the decision-making on this one. This delay is not related to the game, I can only assume the delay is because CDPR made a deal with an outside entity (Google? Sony? Microsoft?) to delay it.

How are the CDPR apologists now? Still thinking this is the same customer-oriented team I've been told about for years? Nah. They are the same as any AAA-dev at this point.

I used to think that Schreier was a sensationalist and I didn't believe him. Now I have to revise my opinion. Including the death march reports. Keep in mind that this delay also pushes the length of the 6-day workweek "crunch" the devs are on further. Its expected to last at least a month past the games launch.

edit: I suppose it is theoretically possible that delivering the console editions that have actual gamedisks may have something to do with this.. Imagine the quantity of them and its covid-19 time after all. Everything gets delayed.

Last edited:
I fear this delay is begause they wanted PLEASE Sony and Microsoft for next gen consols..
I mean, just imagine how costly advertisement campaign must be. YT ads, TV ads, posters, billboards, etc. Now, in some measure, this is wasted money. I'm more convinced in some serious bug went thru to the build they are currently printing for retail then some agreement made under the curtains. But what do i know really. Well, i guess we will know once people will recieve thier physical copies and would not patch them.

Funny, just a few days ago, I defended you from some hater. He claimed that you would delay the game again. Now I have to apologize to him and think about it, because his words are more realistic than yours so far.

(16.4.; 17.9.; 19.11; 10.12. - what is the obsession with Thursdays?).

End of the week maybe. People more likely to buy. Faster immediate sales.

That's just the point. If it CAN'T work on Stadia in a stable, polished format with minimal/negligible bugs, then the game clearly has technical and performance issues with that platform.
Its not so simple. AFAIK Geforce Now is Windows VM, so it runs Steam binaries unmodified. While Stadia is some kind of Linux VM. But Cyberpunk is DirectX game for PC and Xbox and likely native PS4/5 API. Whatever Stadia is using might require either porting or emulation.

I am sorry to say this but CDPR just lost all my trust
I will just lump you now with other devs like Bethesda, Square, and such
I always treated them as like any other game company. The "consumer friendliness" was just a strategy to gain mind share.

So according to Jason Schreier's source within CDPR, the internal email detailing the delay was sent at the exact same time as they announced the delay on social media.

There was a reddit post by supposed CDPR dev around Schreier's #crunchgate article that this was the case for all decisions, including going gold, management does not communicate to devs and its all a mess internally. This lends a lot of credence to that post.
Post automatically merged:

I mean, just imagine how costly advertisement campaign must be. YT ads, TV ads, posters, billboards, etc. Now, in some measure, this is wasted money.

Saw the photo of Cyberpunk advertisement on London buses. Will they now order them repainted with new date? :think:

Top Bottom