Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
After a good night's sleep and a conversation with my boss thankfully I could cancel my vacation and will be reapplying for another time. Now I will wait until mid novenber and I hope that the next delay wont be announced like 20 says before release.

I have no doubts that the game will be great I mean I like everything I've seen so far and I'd be super happy with another 48 minute demo even if it's the exact same demo that was in 2018 but with the upgraded graphics and maybe with another ''build" this could definitely ease this low-blow.

But people do gotta understand that this is not on the developers but the management. Dont send death threats to the devs who are already working hard to bring us this game. Since I got my vacation postponed I feel a bit better now personally but I also understand that not everyone have the privilege to change their vacation dates. ( Some have to schedule it turning the start of the year or at the very least a month ahead )

Please just relay the information of the next possible delay before it's like last 20 days to go.

I can also imagine the absolute shitstorm when its delayed again though. This backlash is pretty severe but it could always be worse I suppose.

Game has been delayed, welcome to game industry...here is a list of some games and the times they were delayed, some in detail and others whatever. Enough evidence that its not just 2077 OMG CDPR SUCKS!

Breath of the Wild. (2 years)
Team fortress 2, (8-10 years)
Prey, (11 years)
FF XV. (6 years + another 6 )during the name change, game change etc.
Pillars of Eternity, (1 Year)

But lets stick with this year on games that have been delayed due to all the various current year logistics or other reasons.

Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4 (restarted development), Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six :Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

The list goes on....and some of those on the list are now Q1 2021. Doesn't even include the ones that are in pre-release forever stages.

But yes, blind hatred for 2077 or CDPR and the Devs, because you can't have in your hands when they promised it. Reality check, life doesn't work out the way its planned all the time or the way you want it to. No matter how much of a vocal minority screams on the forums about it.
Zero of these had gone gold and had PR promising up until 12 hours before the delay that the date was set in stone. They ruined their credibility with this. People are allowed to be upset, especially when they've now gone out of their own way to change things with their schedule to give CD money and play their game.

Copying and pasting some BS list isn't gonna win you any favors from them either.

I can't help but feel with these last two delays that their now last gen game is going to be 1:1 compared with new, current gen titles. It'll be hard to make a game developed for the day 1 Xbox One look nearly as well as a day 1 Series X game.

Imo they should have launched earlier in the year as a last gen game, then take their time with the next gen patch using feedback and analytics from the community to enhance the "final" product/remaster. Then your product is compared to last gen games and you're free to make a much better final product without the fear of deadlines.

This small delay will give enough time to their PR department to come up with a plan to announce the real delay to 2021 :D

On a (more) serious note, people who complain about lack of transparency (things like this are not decided overnite) forget to consider that CDPR, or at least its parent company is publicly traded. One of the first things you'll learn in a MBA is that everything revolves around stakeholders, and while also the company clients are stakeholders in a sense (and I stress that we're talking about stakes, not stocks), as a manager you always have to maximize the profit for the stakeholders. Profit, not satisfaction. This is an important distinction. What's the difference? In the past some companies were managed to chase satisfaction, but this brought them to ruin. By maximizing profit, you'll ensure viability of the business and, at least for some of the stakeholders, profit is also instant satisfaction (i.e. outside investors). For clients, well... If CDPR releases CP2077 now it would bring satisfaction but, afterwards, there will be endless complaints for whatever reason this game got delayed again: in other words, instant gratification, but long term damage to reputation and business.

Besides...
Being listed on the stock market is a choice, not an obligation.

I wonder if the current gen version will be comparatively similar to the X360 and PS3 version of Shadow of Mordor.

Dear dear corporate overlords CD-projekt!

a) How many more times do gamers need to hear the news about the transfer of the game ?
b) Why do developers need to set release dates for the game if they are not included in these dates ?
c) Is it possible to request a refund of a pre-order if the client is no longer sure that the game will be released at all?

Thank you and I wish you a good day even though mine you completely ruined(

Attachments

• 1578671677_4304_4c14e2f481c5862d.jpg
    1578671677_4304_4c14e2f481c5862d.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
Well that's...that's...

Well that's that I guess. :rolleyes:
I'm not surprised tbh. Who is? No really? Who is? :sneaky:
I might sound glad but I'm not. But surprised even less so.

Can't say anything about anything because someone will get offended either way.
But I have my suspicions why this delay is, official statement aside, and I couldn't care less for those reasons.

For me it's not about the three week delay, I have a backlog out of this world to take up my time.
But it is, however you see it, another goddamn delay.
I have never heard about a game going gold, only to be delayed....again.

No, for me it's the constant worry if I'll ever see my CE arriving safely. All the shit I had to go through after Gamestop went out of business and other stores going back on my CE preorders.
Consider it my Swingline from Office Space.

Will be so nice to explain to my boss why I won't be needing that day off after all. Shall I update him about the the 10th of December? :shrug:

Nah.

Game has been delayed, welcome to game industry...here is a list of some games and the times they were delayed, some in detail and others whatever. Enough evidence that its not just 2077 OMG CDPR SUCKS!

Breath of the Wild. (2 years)
Team fortress 2, (8-10 years)
Prey, (11 years)
FF XV. (6 years + another 6 )during the name change, game change etc.
Pillars of Eternity, (1 Year)

But lets stick with this year on games that have been delayed due to all the various current year logistics or other reasons.

Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel’s Avengers, Dying Light 2, and Final Fantasy VII Remake , Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Skull & Bones, Doom Eternal (Nov 2019 - March 2020), The Last of Us Part 2 (Feb 2020 -June 2020). Metroid Prime 4 (restarted development), Watch Dogs :Legion, Rainbow six :Quarentine. Many of which were announced for 2019 release dates originally...
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, and some other games that aren't even as technical or indepth as 2077 that have also been delayed from end of last year to this year and have yet to be released.

The list goes on....and some of those on the list are now Q1 2021. Doesn't even include the ones that are in pre-release forever stages.

But yes, blind hatred for 2077 or CDPR and the Devs, because you can't have in your hands when they promised it. Reality check, life doesn't work out the way its planned all the time or the way you want it to. No matter how much of a vocal minority screams on the forums about it.

Minus:
-Your list isn't games delayed after being gold.
-Most people saying they are angry against CDprojekt are angry against their management, not the poor dev' who are being death-marched.

There was a reddit post by supposed CDPR dev around Schreier's #crunchgate article that this was the case for all decisions, including going gold, management does not communicate to devs and its all a mess internally. This lends a lot of credence to that post.
A game journalist I know told me about leadership problems in CDPR 1 year ago. I'm pretty sure I wrote about it as a rumor somewhere on this forum.

No, it's not fine. But this example you've quoted just solidifies the fact, that "shit happens". It's not that they have postponed the launch of the game just to make you feel bad.

Problem is that we can only imagine the worst "$hit happens" because we don't know the real reasons behind all that, as we're locked behind a PR talk wall.
Post automatically merged:

I'm just really sorry for all the people who took a vacation and can't reschedule it now.
I totally get their frustration.

But I'm also sorry for all the developers who have now to work more overtime AND (unjustifiedly) get the blame for the delay. It's not their fault, it's the management's fault for not planning according to real circumstances but (for example) to appease shareholders' expectations.

AND on the other hand: They also have to keep the whole business profitable to ensure that their developers can keep their jobs. And that we keep getting great products from them.

So, if we just cool down a bit and think about it: It is the right decision to make under the circumstances right now, despite all I have mentioned. Imagine if the game came out faulty. CDPR would lose way more credibility which is mostly based on the quality of their product, than they are maybe losing now.

Won't it be easier to understand management's decision if they weren't hiding things, even from their own dev' and from their community manager?

How come they and we have to rely on external investigators like Jason Schreier to perhaps find out what's really at stakes here and how it suddenly happened out of nowhere?

Last edited:
So from the latest CDPR conference with shareholders (http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/in...d-projekt-video-games-on-cyberpunk-2077-delay)

ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles.

Potato current gen consoles can't run the game still.

FUTURE PROJECT (IMPACT OF THE DELAY): CD Projekt plans some "organizational changes" in technical departments. "Too many things were put together at late stages." - CEO Kicinski

Somebody will take a fall for this latest delay? At least this shows they know they cannot continue making games with such organizational mess.

I guess as long as people accept these sort of things, companies will keep pushing the boundaries of whats acceptable. But there is not much else to do than accept it, because 99,9% of the people will still buy the game and probably don't even care this happened.

If they promise to start/continue now with a new full fledged triple A Witcher game (which doesn't get delayed much), its al good again :ok:

Guest 4406876

Can't say anything about anything because someone will get offended either way.
I like to think that people could understand that, being on a forum talking about videogames, even if you see someone being let's say "angry" at the delay or at the game , they could separate real angry from "hobby pissed". I don't understand people that feel the need to come in and call users "entitled" when we talk about a hobby, and most likely when we write something "harsh" because we are pissed it stays in the place it belongs, with the intensity it deserves, which would be null and hobby related. If the game is delayed another year we'll flame the forum most likely, but I don't think it would ruin people lives, I'd still offer pizza and beer to the Devs If I meet them and greet them, and I think this works for everybody, no matter how "pissed" they appear to be writing on a videogame forum. I refuse to believe people can get really offended by anything hobby related.

Problem is that we can only imagine the worst "$hit happens" because we don't know the real reasons behind all that, as we're locked behind a PR talk wall.
The game is still bugged as fuck and on consoles runs like a PowerPoint slideshow. That's pretty much what the press conference says. And it sounds pretty realistic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom