Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I WANT TO ADD MY VOICE IN SUPPORT OF THE DECISION TO DELAY:

i ALSO WANT TO SAY TO CD PROJECT RED THAT YOU NEED TO SUPPORT YOUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET: YOUR EMPLOYEES. LISTEN TO THEM. DO NOT ABUSE THEM.

Enough shouting. we all know well that we have been waiting a long time for this highly touted game to be released. We also understand how important that XMAS shopping season is to the publishers.

But from the standpoint of the people who will be playing this game, We really want a good experience and DO NOT want to be paying beta testers (which can really ruin the immersion). So please, respect your employees wishes and get us a good, immersive game, with as few immersion-breaks as possible, in its own time.

As for all the people complaining: I want to say that with the huge plethora of great games to play in the mean time, you should be able to find a diversion while you await this one. (And I know I am assuming that you can afford to buy those games - so apologies to those on a tight gaming budget).

-Allen

Ok, I thought that it was in someway "wrong" to inform your employees at the same time as the whole world.

Yes, hiding things to your own employees that affect them to such an extend is plain wrong.

Also: CDPR bosses "lied" (as in, they broken they promise), but it does not automatically make Jason's reporting true. Jason has an agenda and he is unable to face any kind of critique. Those two character flaws may suggest that he will go very far in the "grey area" just to support his claims.

It a matter of how you class people.
Personally, I have more trust in someone that I didn't catch blatantly lying (even if by conspiracy theory, by the real definition of it and not the one most people imagine, he could be lying) than into someone which is a recognized liar.

What's this then...? People getting stupid over a 3 week delay.

Some people are losing their minds over this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little angry that they broke their terms, but there's a limit.

Complaining is ok, but death threats are a step that should never have been taken.

Failing to deliver is a reason to complain to the company, as a costumer, but never to behave as a criminal.

There's plenty of other more valid reasons to make fun of Ubisoft and why they should be ashamed :ROFLMAO:

Maybe, still they made fun of them for posting they go gold and how they copy CDPR and how their game going to be trash, i played both Witcher games and AC and to be honest i have more fun with last AC then Witcher 3, also about Microtransactions yes company do abuse that system, but players are one who supported that model in first place if players didn't buy skins, loot box....... they would not put it game.

And look even CP2077 MP will have Microtransactions.

Guest 4406876

Some people are losing their minds over this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little angry that they broke their terms, but there's a limit.

Complaining is ok, but death threats are a step that should never have been taken.

Failing to deliver is a reason to complain to the company, as a costumer, but never to behave as a criminal.
Memeing is fine, death threats are way over the line, but I guess my previous statement about "hobby" and "pissed" isn't that true. People are fucking nuts.

The reason everyone are salty cause we really wanna play that game and some people already have played it so the initiative presumption the most logical and promised answer was that the game comes out.

If the delay was to ease the development time and less crunch then I can get behind it and actually support it.

And before anyone says anything cyberpunk was the game I took initiative to get myself back on my feet after being unemployed for several years. I didnt have the means to play Cyberpink having a computer with just 4 gigs of ram and 2 gig graphics.

Now I own a ps4 pro, and a beast computer with rtx 2060 with a job that barely keeps up with the current times of crisis.

I need this game so much but I also get the impression that all the developers in the inetervies are also super passionate about this and they dont feel as it's a! ''Ceutch'
And now people sending them death threats which is unacceptable in any circumstance. It wont shy away from this being good for the game but bad for us... until it eventually comes when it's ready. It's hard to tell if they are committed to being as they always are but make the hard decision to give them 100% the time of no more delays with the last delay
Since last time they were gonna release the game they had a delay at the time of the release giving more time to ensure it's now fully ready since even despite planning to 19 they might still need a little bit more time which is hard to deal with for anyone as I'd Imagine.

Being fortunate enough to talk to my manager and get my vacation that was just settled yesterday revered. I dont want to do this again and I might just trust this December and then it's on you but otherwise I still trust that CDpr is something that various outlets have painted in a negative light on every opportunity.

I dont support crunch so I really wish we had some light on all of this confusion fusion.

Maybe, still they made fun of them for posting they go gold and how they copy CDPR and how their game going to be trash, i played both Witcher games and AC and to be honest i have more fun with last AC then Witcher 3, also about Microtransactions yes company do abuse that system, but players are one who supported that model in first place if players didn't buy skins, loot box....... they would not put it game.

And look even CP2077 MP will have Microtransactions.

The problem with Ubisoft is these:

A) Microtransaction in single player games, that you already payed full price.

B) Generic bloated repetitive games with their old mechanics for the second, third, fourth time, over and over. That makes the game boring and uninteresting.

C) Sequences with almost no changes. No significant plot or character that really makes it worth your time. When the nice thing comes out, you already are uninterested in the game.

D) Game economy and progression, in single player, are broken, as they want you to purchase the "double money pack", the "double xp pack", the "gain N xp for X ucoins", or the "gain N money for X ucoins".

E) The open world design is really bad implemented, and it's more time driving, riding horse, than actually enjoying the story, or fighting. Stealth mechanic is really overused.

And I don't have a problem with Microtransactions in Multiplayer games, that's the company way to maintain servers and keep staff managing cheaters, updating the game, and so on.

But in a close single player experience, micro transactions aren't justified at all, it's just forcing you to pay for the game all over again.

I won't defend Death threats or people who send them, but do we know that even happened ??? anyone can come out and say omg they send me death threats.

Guest 4406876

I won't defend Death threats or people who send them, but do we know that even happened ??? anyone can come out and say omg they send me death threats.
I suppose the dev isn't nuts so I guess it's true. I'm not surprised even. When you put your face on public all kind of crazy shit happens. Problem is these are workers that never had to feel the pressure of , let's say, being "famous". It can be very challenging and unwanted.

The reason everyone are salty cause we really wanna play that game and some people already have played it so the initiative presumption the most logical and promised answer was that the game comes out.

Personally I'm salty about two things:
-Crunch, which on top of being immoral (illegal?) doesn't prevent delays. If delays are unavoidable then at least protect the dev'.
-Inability to launch a version of the game when it is ready.

A) Microtransaction in single player games, that you already payed full price.

B) Generic bloated repetitive games with their old mechanics for the second, third, fourth time, over and over. That makes the game boring and uninteresting.

C) Sequences with almost no changes. No significant plot or character that really makes it worth your time. When the nice thing comes out, you already are uninterested in the game.

D) Game economy and progression, in single player, are broken, as they want you to purchase the "double money pack", the "double xp pack", the "gain N xp for X ucoins", or the "gain N money for X ucoins".

E) The open world design is really bad implemented, and it's more time driving, riding horse, than actually enjoying the story, or fighting. Stealth mechanic is really overused.

And I don't have a problem with Microtransactions in Multiplayer games, that's the company way to maintain servers and keep staff managing cheaters, updating the game, and so on.

But in a close single player experience, micro transactions aren't justified at all, it's just forcing you to pay for the game all over again.

Every game is repetitive you go from point A to point B you kill stuff or find clues and you do that over and over and over.

You can finish AC with out giving any more money you don't need to buy XP pack or any other stuff and i say AC since that is last game i played from Ubisoft, i did play For Honor to also you can buy all with ingame money if you play long.

It is bigger than Witcher world, but also Witcher would is half empty too, it was not pack with ground breaking content every step of the way.

Microtransactions are worst in Multiplayer, since if they offer Skills and Weapons that break game balances, that is not ok and totally made to be pay to win.

It might happened. There were thousands of angry people, maybe some of them went nut and send many death threats. They were very tiny minority, but their threats were scary enough for those who recieved them.

I suppose the dev isn't nuts so I guess it's true.

I didn't say he is nuts, i just say what i was thinking and also see few similar responese on reddit, since i see that post about death threats on CP2077 reddits, where few also pointed out how with out showing mail or message, you can't be 100% sure if is true or not, and how now every developer can come out and say how he get death threats when their game is late or they didn't put pathc on time.

Guest 4406876

Every game is repetitive you go from point A to point B you kill stuff or find clues and you do that over and over and over.

You can finish AC with out giving any more money you don't need to buy XP pack or any other stuff and i say AC since that is last game i played from Ubisoft, i did play For Honor to also you can buy all with ingame money if you play long.

It is bigger than Witcher world, but also Witcher would is half empty too, it was not pack with ground breaking content every step of the way.

Microtransactions are worst in Multiplayer, since if they offer Skills and Weapons that break game balances, that is not ok and totally made to be pay to win.
Some games , like Monster Hunter, are repetitive if you want, but they don't make you feel it as the gameplay is fun and the grind isn't a chore. I'm playing it for around 500 hours and still didn't finish it and it's not boring at all, actually quite the contrary. I even threw 6 bucks to get 2 emotes XD I know but I really wanted the "hadooken" and "Shoryuken" emotes to be cool with my friends when we play , lol. If the game is good, even if you throw in couple of Micro completely optional is fine, problem is when the game suck (usually Ubisoft case and others) and they try to milk even more the users for stuff. I'm still for "no micro at all" but I prefer "expansions" even at 30 bucks or 50 if they are providing enough hours (like in MH case with Iceborne but that's a great game and not very common and I guess TW3 I heard great things about it's expansions, even tho I didn't manage to like the game).

And i don't support them i never was i even say in my original post that i don't support that kind of act.
Post automatically merged:

I only like last TW3 expansion, first one was mehh.

I buyed outfit for handler in Monster Hunter World but stuff like Skin or Emotes don't harm game, and Monster Hunter is almost Single Player game, but if you sell weapon, skills, armors that do more stuff then item i can get in game normaly that is bad and for MP even worst, that is problem with Microtransacti.

I mean it's the internet there are those people who aren't really empathetic towards other people and can say some really really nasty stuff I imagine it's something like that I've experienced someone who seems positively psycho and dangerous.

I can take a hard flaming screaming bully in CS go or league of legends and Overwatch and Heroes of the storm those are occadionslly really toxic from its community. Sticks and stones. But who ever is like that I have no sympathy for.

Regardless the most recent investor call or whatever seems to reassure me that now it's ready finally on December 10th for it to be next gen all at the same time optimized and game was delayed until it was ready.

Just dont give dates... he must have known we would say that even when he made the decision which is of course not easy given the scope and hype of the game and the marketing. It was either every smart or the dumbest move in the history of gaming. The game really has to be perfection with very minimal if no glitches... can you imagine the work put into a game that's 6 districts which are like 6 games of it's own wwith different branches without mentioning all the other 6 that could have crossing consequences like a big spiderwebl
We would need Keanu to tell us it's okay and we can wait again. There is no way CD pr would abuse him to reveal the real launch date.
I also demand the Easter egg in a dlc where it addresses a company trying to make a perfect game and delaying it constantly lol

And when AC Valhalla posted they are gold on facebook so many people make fun of them how they are lame for copy CDPR how they need to be ashamed, i wonder what they would say now.
Did that happen? Most modern games announce that they've "gone gold" to note the final release version for physical release is finished and ready to be pressed to disk. I've seen some not know this and think it's some kind of sales metric (silver, gold, platinum, etc) but that's their own fault. Going "gold" in software production has been around for decades

Top Bottom