Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
From Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...last-minute-work-on-current-consoles-dev-says

"Cyberpunk 2077's latest delay - to 10th December - was caused by issues with the game's current-gen console builds, developer CD Projekt Red has said.

Extra "optimisation" work was still necessary on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red told investors last night, and it was this which had caused the game's release to shift back yet again.

"The game is ready for the PC and runs great on the next-gen consoles, and could be shipped on the scheduled date on those platforms," CD Projekt Red joint CEO Adam Kiciński said.

"However, even though the game has been certified on the current gens by both Sony and Microsoft, some very final optimisation processes for such a massive and complex game require a bit of additional time."

There was no suggestion of splitting the game's release date."
So the problem IS optimization for current gen (unless he's just throwing us poo, and doesn't want to reveal the real problem). In that case, I'm skeptical that three weeks will solve anything. Probably not three months. The delay might be a final desperate move to cut stuff out until it runs with marginally acceptable frames per second. Oooh, boy.

Please rest assured, it will be postponed again
Not a chance. They may prove me wrong, but I'm saying zero chance. With the exception of some minor reserves, they'll be able to recognize nearly every dollar of pre-order money as soon as it's officially released. Their fiscal year ends December 31, so no way are they going to let the release spill over into next year. December release = massive 2020 revenues; January release = all of that money still sitting as a liability, with zero revenue from it.

Guest 4406876

Not a chance. They may prove me wrong, but I'm saying zero chance. With the exception of some minor reserves, they'll be able to recognize nearly every dollar of pre-order money as soon as it's officially released. Their fiscal year ends December 31, so no way are they going to let the release spill over into next year. December release = massive 2020 revenues; January release = all of that money still sitting as a liability, with zero revenue from it.
I agree but as it stands now with all the assurances that it was gooing to be released on november and it isn't , anything can happen. Hope is the first step to disappointment.

From Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...last-minute-work-on-current-consoles-dev-says

"Cyberpunk 2077's latest delay - to 10th December - was caused by issues with the game's current-gen console builds, developer CD Projekt Red has said.

Extra "optimisation" work was still necessary on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red told investors last night, and it was this which had caused the game's release to shift back yet again.

"The game is ready for the PC and runs great on the next-gen consoles, and could be shipped on the scheduled date on those platforms," CD Projekt Red joint CEO Adam Kiciński said.

"However, even though the game has been certified on the current gens by both Sony and Microsoft, some very final optimisation processes for such a massive and complex game require a bit of additional time."

There was no suggestion of splitting the game's release date."

Lord can be a hope to see it released on pc and next gen as planned? Or am I dreaming? Or quite simply he meant that he saw no reason that the game should not be released on December 10th for pc and next gen, which can imply that there could still be again a report for the current xbox and ps4 ?

Another very intriguing point for December 10 there is the game award 2020 which would mean that the games could not participate?

As for the new release date of December 10, it's "firm," if not quite rock-hard: "We feel—maybe not comfortable, but confident" in the new release date, Kiciński said. Nowakowski seemed similarly not-quite-comfortable with fully committing to it. When asked if Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be out on December 10, he replied, "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess—yes."

Well looks like we are in for yet another delay.
Bottoms up mates. Cheers

Guest 4406876

As for the new release date of December 10, it's "firm," if not quite rock-hard: "We feel—maybe not comfortable, but confident" in the new release date, Kiciński said. Nowakowski seemed similarly not-quite-comfortable with fully committing to it. When asked if Cyberpunk 2077 would definitely be out on December 10, he replied, "That's more or less what I'm saying, I guess—yes."

Bottoms up mates. Cheers

If that's the case I really hope they go for a PC release and call it a day. Then fix the rest later. (but it's not gonna happen of course)

Well, that's interesting. I always thought console gamers outnumbered us greatly but that percentage says otherwise and I must admit I'm quite surprised. Makes me think PC gamers have more importance than I thought. Or at least that they should do...

You're confusing numbers of people playing on various platforms with profit. The most profitable games, by far, are console-primary games. Though mobile is giving those a run for their money. Us PC-only gamers are not the big kids on the block, but neither are we insignificant.

I was a little disappointed at first, when I heard about yet another game delay, but CDPR probably has a very good reason to do so. It might be hard to accept CDPR's decision, especially after all these years of waiting and several other delays, but death threats are never acceptable. Surely it has something to do with the current state of the world, everyone seems to be a little on edge these days, it's scary.
I am keeping both my physical and digital pre-orders and in the meantime will try to ease the waiting by reading "Night-City-A-City-Sourcebook-For-Cyberpunk-2020" and "The World of Cyberpunk 2077". Might re-watch some "Blade Runner" as well to get into the mood. Now I just need to re-schedule my 2020 vacation (again).
It's a difficult year for everyone and I hope we can all get through this in a healthy manner, both physically and psychologically.
Stay safe, stay sane, don't crunch & eat your vegetables.

Teach em a lesson and don't buy until January 1st :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

Bottoms up mates. Cheers

I've been saying it for a while now, the uneasiness the team feels in multiple interviews is extremely concerning. Since early last year there's been no confidence in the state and outlook for the game. I've never seen a developer so unsure of their product, even after delaying THREE times? Yikes.

Another one would really make that third delay meaningless in financial terms, since they are missing holiday season sales and that fiscal year shenanigans for their investors. But this is assuming that the reason for a delay stated during the teleconference is true. If its something more critical then poor perfomnace on current gen, then we are in some trouble, big time. I recently saw a post in which a guy calculated previous dates and delays and based on patterns marked 29th of July 2021 as the release date, hehe.

Another delay would just put scandal upon scandal. If there are systems that the game isn't working well on.
Most likely being Xbox one, PS4, and Stadia then forget about those consoles. They're almost a decade old, and Stadia is simply garbage. Focus on the more up to date PS 4 pro xbox one x and next gen consoles. I'd bet those are far less of a headache. If you still want to deliver on those old consoles that's fine, just put them on the back burner and set a later release date.

Another delay would just put scandal upon scandal. If there are systems that the game isn't working well on.
Most likely being Xbox one, PS4, and Stadia then forget about those consoles. They're almost a decade old, and Stadia is simply garbage. Focus on the more up to date PS 4 pro xbox one x and next gen consoles. I'd bet those are far less of a headache. If you still want to deliver on those old consoles that's fine, just put them on the back burner and set a later release date.
That would certainly be one way to alienate half the player base and tank stocks. That won't happen. 10000000% that won't happen. Their stakeholders understand that they'd lose tens of millions of sales not supporting current gen consoles. This close to the launch of new gen, I doubt you'll see a 25% adoption of the new consoles, and thus only 25% of console gamers even able to buy your game.

Not to mention the media hellfire they'd being down on themselves pulling out of current gen commitments.

It just ain't gonna happen lol

Their stakeholders understand that they'd lose tens of millions of sales not supporting current gen consoles.

I agree. That's why I didn't suggest they alienate current gen consoles. Xbox one and PS4 aren't current gen. Current gen is Xbox one X and PS4 pro. Even if you wanted to suggest that Xbox one and PS4 were current gen I said they could still try to support them if they really wanted to, but at a later release date if they are causing difficulties do to their weak specs.

Last edited:
Already done.
I'm talking physically restricting. Not just changing the opinion and good will of people towards the game. Ditching current gen console support would be restricting tens of millions from playing, whether they wanted to play it or not. They're not that dumb
Post automatically merged:

I agree. That's why I didn't suggest they forgo alienating current gen consoles. Xbox one and PS4 aren't current gen. Current gen is Xbox one X and PS4 pro. Even if you wanted to suggest that Xbox one and PS4 were current gen I said they could still try to support them if they really wanted to, but at a later release date if they are causing difficulties do to their weak specs.
The issue there is the commitment both Sony and Microsoft have made that every game is playable across their whole range. There isn't a single game on either platform that is exclusive to the "higher end" version of the console.

Top Bottom