Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Hi darkti I don't really know who has the biggest map, you might be right, but there are still 8 very dense and lively districts. After for cp2077, for the moment it has returned to my phantasies ... :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

Yes but let me remind you of the postponement dates for cdp2077 :

16 April 2020 : postponement
17 September 2020 : postponement
19 November 2020 : postponement
10 December 2020 :

And when I see that their actions have just fallen by 25% I am not reassured, but whose fault is ...
I was not defending CDPR, this situation is unacceptable. Few hours ago on the internet I run into an Xbox cyberpunk edition that came out months ago, just to refresh how embarassing the situation is. That being said, April to December are 8 months, same as February to October. And I would NEVER use Ubisoft, EA, and Activision as positive examples. Never. Not only for the quality of their games, not only for the lack of respect to customers or releasing broken games, but also for predatory politics and microtransactions in full priced single player games. Which, IMHO, is way worse than delaying a bugged game until polished enough no matter how ridiculous is to start a marketing campaign a year and a half before launch with (at least?) 3 delays pushing way too hard on YouTubers instead of gameplay mechanics.

I don't like Gamingbolt and they do twist things fairly often. Wanting to polish the game to the max and trying for 90+ do kind of go hand in hand yet the headline seems to be trying to make it sound weird or extreme. However, I thought I'd post this anyway as I wonder what people here think about the chances of 90+ and the idea of that desire having had an impact on this extra delay?

90+ on metacritic is always a big ask - especially if any of the outlets take issue with parts of the game for 'political correctness' reasons. As we saw in some of the previews, this is almost certainly going to be the case so I imagine some outlets might have already sharpened their knives.

Plus maybe the sheer hype, greater even than TW3, will work against the game?

Last edited:
. . . .
Also, just imagine the shitstorm that will come on the release day as soon as people will find even the minimum bug after all these delays "for polishing". Because the game will have bugs. It will.
Yes, this is also what I suspect will happen. After selling a sequence of delays as "polishing" so that this stuff doesn't happen, people will lose their minds the first time something even remotely game-breaking happens. And in a game this size, across this many platforms and so many different specs on just the PC platform alone, there will be something major. There has to be.

I'll disagree with that, purely on the reason that it lowers the bar, which we shouldn't accept.

No arguments here. The trouble is you could look at it as an idealist or a realist. Again, my cynicism prevents the former. The bar shouldn't be lowered but... it is. And what is the solution? Throwing a tantrum over another delay? Sending personal threats to CDPR employees because, "gasp", you have to wait a a bit more for a game? Blacklist the company? A lot of people are still going to play the game. A lot of people outraged over it are still going to buy it.

Besides, it's an industry wide problem. Likely stemming from the fact the person dictating when the thing is supposed to be finished likely isn't the one building it. Odds are they're "supervising". Remember that quest from TW3? :).

If I promise someone 5 times in a row that I'm doing something, but then I don't, then sure, you could argue that anyone still believing me is an idiot. Hell, I could start blaming you for believing my fake promises. In fact, everyone could start doing that and then promises become worthless universally.
Sure, that's logic of a certain kind! It's the people believing the promises that are at fault, instead of the people breaking the promises! That the same logic as people who were murdered, being at fault for not defending themselves well enough, or Crunch at a gaming company being the employee's fault, since they should've quit or picked a different job. I didn't burn your house down with matches! You did because you didn't make it fireproof.

However, we simply don't want that to happen and we can all agree on that. As a society, we're morally and socially justified and obligated in being angry at people breaking their promises. We're worse off if we start sweeping that under the rug and forgiving it. We've definitely gone wrong if we're about to start blaming the victims of broken promises for simply being naive.

There must be an incentive for CDPR to do better. If you want to take that away out of sheer cynicism, then you're taking a morally wrong turn.

Yes, if I am promised something by the same individual or set of individuals 5 times in a row and not a single time do they deliver it becomes clear the word of these people is worthless. Once again, what promise though? Just because CDPR said they expected the game to be ready and it would be does not mean it was a promise. I can say it's going to rain today to another person. If it does not it doesn't necessarily make me a liar. I genuinely thought it was going to rain. I was just incorrect.

The whole promise thing is just because it fits the narrative. I'm outraged over the game not being ready. So, let's just make things up to fuel the outrage.

In regards to blaming the victim, forgive me but if you buy lottery tickets and don't win you're not a victim. It's called gambling for a reason. Early access and pre-orders, strictly speaking, may not be gambling. They are unquestionably an unsure investment, however. It's a risk. Yes, if the company screws you over it's their fault. This doesn't mean the person paying upfront before the game is finished or available is blameless for taking the risk.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by moral and social justification here. We're talking about a freaking video game. It's not going to change the world. In fact, in the grand scheme it's utterly irrelevant. It's entertainment. How exactly is a game taking longer to release destroying lives? First world problems.....

Bear in mind, I am not "defending" CDPR. They missed their target release date... again. But people losing their mind over this need to get a grip. It's delayed a bit longer. Okay then... life goes on.

I was not defending CDPR, this situation is unacceptable. Few hours ago on the internet I run into an Xbox cyberpunk edition that came out months ago, just to refresh how embarassing the situation is. That being said, April to December are 8 months, same as February to October. And I would NEVER use Ubisoft, EA, and Activision as positive examples. Never. Not only for the quality of their games, not only for the lack of respect to customers or releasing broken games, but also for predatory politics and microtransactions in full priced single player games. Which, IMHO, is way worse than delaying a bugged game until polished enough no matter how ridiculous is to start a marketing campaign a year and a half before launch with (at least?) 3 delays pushing way too hard on YouTubers instead of gameplay mechanics.

You know what would be even more embarrassing? The game running like garbage on the current gen Xbox "cyberpunk edition" they sold months ago. That would be ironic.

However, I thought I'd post this anyway as I wonder what people here think about the chances of 90+ and the idea of that desire having had an impact on this extra delay?

90+ on metacritic is always a big ask - especially if any of the outlets take issue with parts of the game for 'political correctness' reasons. As we saw in some of the previews, this is almost certainly going to be the case so I imagine some outlets might have already sharpened their knives.

Maintaining 90+ consecutively is doable. The old, pre-Activision Blizzard was able to do it (World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade expo, and StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty all got 90+ IIRC). And the current CDPR seems to take things as seriously as the old Blizzard did.

In my opinion, "political correctness" only has marginal (if at all) effects. The game is solidly in the dystopia genre, so perhaps reviewers understand that and will be more lenient. A lot of great games don't have 90+ and are still extremely good anyways, some even better than those with 90+. Fallout: New Vegas comes to mind (it only got an 84)~~

A lot of great games don't have 90+ and are still extremely good anyways, some even better than those with 90+. Fallout: New Vegas comes to mind (it only got an 84)~~

Oh, I agree. Anything over 80 is usually a very good game (unless it just isn't in a genre or style one likes) and can be one of the best gaming experiences in a persons year if it happens to really fit their particular tastes.

I enjoyed Days Gone and that barely scraped past 70 :)

I mainly posted to see if people felt the extra 3 week delay, possibly just to be 'certain' of breaking 90, meant too much power was being given to metacritic. Some people dislike review scores to begin with!

Yes, if I am promised something by the same individual or set of individuals 5 times in a row and not a single time do they deliver it becomes clear the word of these people is worthless. Once again, what promise though? Just because CDPR said they expected the game to be ready and it would be does not mean it was a promise. I can say it's going to rain today to another person. If it does not it doesn't necessarily make me a liar. I genuinely thought it was going to rain. I was just incorrect.

At the moment the pre-order has begun, the expected date becomes a binding date.
Certainly this is not to be equated 1 to 1 as a promise and no matter how you want to call it, it has about the same value for me as a promise.

First delay was 154 days, second delay was 63 days, third delay was 21. Not sure if math is 100% correct, I used online calculator to check how many days there is between the dates.
Following this logic, fourth delay will be around 7 days :coolstory:

First delay was 154 days, second delay was 63 days, third delay was 21. Not sure if math is 100% correct, I used online calculator to check how many days there is between the dates.
Following this logic, fourth delay will be around 7 days :coolstory:

Zeno's Paradox with Cyberpunk Delays! :LOL:

Next delay, 7 days
Then 3.5 days
Then 1.75 days
Then 0.875 days...

Just saw an ad on TV with the 10th december date.
I guess we're good
I'm sure we are.

The sum has no solution, but fortunately it has a limit. Unless it keeps re-setting each time.

Excuse me? What series are you referring to? The one I quoted is basic geometric series which has a sum. Because ancient greeks didn't know this, they thought it was a paradox.

The sum has no solution, but fortunately it has a limit. Unless it keeps re-setting each time.
Excuse me? What series are you referring to? The one I quoted is basic geometric series which has a sum. Because ancient greeks didn't know this, they thought it was a paradox.

Yeah if we fit the points (0,154), (1,63), (2,21) as an exponential function, we get 154.446 e^(-0.933353 x). Then we take the sum from 0 to inf to converge to a total delay of 254 days. That would be December 26, 2020 haha

Top Bottom