Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I would almost bet money, on it releasing on Dec 10th.

I'm still seeing a lot of folks even in this thread thinking this is GTA 2077. Man will they have a rude awakening lol. This is a RPG first so a lot of the stuff you can do in GTA will be gated behind a build ( stats and perks) sooooo... I can see it now "ALLL THESE DELAYS AND ITSS NOTHING LIKE GTA BLAH BLAH" lmao going to be a car crash lol. I keep telling all my friends and folks I hear that think this is GTA 2077, that "whoa this is an RPG in FPP in an open world this is not a GTA clone... "

Back to topic, I don't see CDPR delaying again with the shares down 25% last I checked, and believe me they do not want to miss out on the holiday moneys. If all the talks from CDPR to there investors and all the inside talk. It's really the base PS4/Xbox that needs the work. Hopefully that will let them target those consoles and fix the problem fast.

They have to get that patch Certified with Sony and Microsoft before it can be released and normally that takes around 2 weeks, soooo yea. To make the Dec 10th release, they have to get it in to be certified by Nov 26th. Usually these things have to be scheduled, so while we have a street date of Dec 10th, the cert team in CDPR has to have it by Nov 26th.

The Devs have their work cut out for them, and my love and support goes to everyone at CDPR. So CDPR. We love your games and are waiting patiently, well most are. You guys deserve all the support we can give and know we can't wait for this masterpiece in the making. :cool:

Yeah if we fit the points (0,154), (1,63), (2,21) as an exponential function, we get 154.446 e^(-0.933353 x). Then we take the sum from 0 to inf to converge to a total delay of 254 days. That would be December 26, 2020 haha
Yes, I mean it exactly the way I said it. The sum itself is an infinite series. You never run out of numbers to add to it. However, it has a well-defined limit to which it converges.

But, to each their own. Myself? I'm this:

So are you perfectly calm or trying not to explode with rage?
Post automatically merged:

There's only one thing I want to know: What have you gotten done between going gold and now? I know that you're getting things done, but I'm just curious as to what problems (besides current gen optimization) have been causing the delays.

The only problem is the old generation of consoles. IE PS4 and Xbox One. Current Gen Xbox one X and PS 4 pro and newer the game is fully functional on.
I wonder how bad it is. Personally, I wouldn't mind sacrificing some texture quality or even crowd density if it means the game running at acceptable FPS. However, I'm fully aware that there are some people who wouldn't want that. (I'll be playing it on a normal 1TB Xbox One, so no 4K for me.)

The only great date for commercial deals in 2020, from now on, is Christmas, which will not have a lot of new relevant AAA games coming out.

November was full of heavy AAA releases (Yakuza, Call of Duty, Spider Man, Assassin's Creed, Demon Souls, Dirt 5, NFS: Hot Persuit Remastered and Godfall), most of them will be in the first or second week of november.

The main sales window for games is from the release until the first 2 or 3 weeks - at least looking at CoD sales, they usually sell at least 50% of their total historic sales numbers the first 3 weeks.

So, if Cyberpunk 2077 release in December 10th it'll probably have no heavy contender, and Christmas will be in the end of the second week (until then, the interested guys that didn't preordered it already decided if they will buy the game or not).

CDPR main profit this year is Cyberpunk 2077, so the sales window is very important for this release.

Also, they said to the investors that "but we also performed an analysis of sales of The Witcher 3 post-release, and this exercise revealed to us that the vast majority of sales, approximately 90%, happened within the first four weeks following the release" (Answer to Question 3 - CDPR Investor's call - october 2020).

So, considering these reasons (holyday + no contenders + perfect sales window), I think that it won't be delayed any further.

November was full of heavy AAA releases (Yakuza, Call of Duty, Spider Man, Assassin's Creed, Demon Souls, Dirt 5, NFS: Hot Persuit Remastered and Godfall), most of them will be in the first or second week of november.

So I hear you saying "AAA releases" and I look up and read nothing I'm interested in. Leaving me wondering what does AAA mean anyway. Only game I would classify AAA or better would be Cyberpunk 2077. I might play AC, not buying it, but i'm about as excited to play it as I am to play Pac-Man.

So I hear you saying "AAA releases" and I look up and read nothing I'm interested in. Leaving me wondering what does AAA mean anyway. Only game I would classify AAA or better would be Cyberpunk 2077. I might play AC, not buying it, but i'm about as excited to play it as I am to play Pac-Man.
AAA is an informal classification used for video games produced and distributed by a mid-sized or major publisher, typically having higher development and marketing budgets. (Wikipedia).

So it doesn't have anything to do with your (or my or anyone else's) interests. It's just about the budget used to produce the game.

The only problem is the old generation of consoles. IE PS4 and Xbox One. Current Gen Xbox one X and PS 4 pro and newer the game is fully functional on.
Which is ironic because their first announced release date was 7 months from the release of new consoles. Almost like they knew they were gonna have to develop for the current gen from the very start. It's not like this is a surprise.

And since they knew they were developing for current gen, they knew they had to support ALL of them. Microsoft and Sony have said from the start all One and PS4 games have to be playable across the whole range. CDPR knew this before even starting on the game. Zero excuses for them stumbling now. This was their original intended platform.

This game is being developed on PC first, then ported to consoles. So PC would be the intended platform.

The fact that they started working on the current gen ports first, yet they finished the next gen version first, speaks volumes about the technical challenges of trying to get the game running on such old hardware.

So I hope the devs and all the crew working on Cyberpunk see this: Don't let the reactions of our frustrated gaming community get you down. Yes, we're all frustrated about the delay. And yes some of us have been inconvenienced by the delay (in terms of holiday hours from work and other plans having to change), but what everyone needs to remember (both the devs and the gamers both) is we're all human with jobs and responsibilities, and to fully coordinate a massive event that large groups of people will all enjoy is a monumental task and things can always go wrong either from the planning end or the receiving end. I know that I myself am still excited for this game and it looks to me that once I finally get my hands on it, the actual playing of it will certainly redeem those several moments in the past several years where I've looked at press releases and said "well, f---." Keep your heads up! Both the devs who are catching trash for this, and the gamers that feel lied to. Once this game comes out we will all feel rewarded.

Zero excuses for them stumbling now. This was their original intended platform.

No, I think improving the game beyond their original scope is a decent excuse. They have worked hard to make this game a masterpiece to set a whole new standard and it's a standard that I REALLY hope becomes THE standard. That they pushed beyond the bounds of the older consoles is not a bad thing. What's bad is that they have to work hard to optimize as hell to make it playable on that hardware.

And yes some of us have been inconvenienced by the delay (in terms of holiday hours from work and other plans having to change),

To be honest I never got the point of doing this I mean use those hours for what they ment for being close to friends and family. The game isnt going to suddenly get up and walk away if go to work few hours

I admit, this news disappointed me, given I was all for playing Cyberpunk this month...

However, I remember the massive negative backlash of No Man's Sky's many, MANY promises, only for the release to have the smallest portion of what was promised...

I also remember the infamous Duke Nukem ForNever meme, given Duke Nukem Forever's much delayed, and ultimately piss-poor, release.

So... I will say this...
This game's news has held my attention since the first trailer years ago.
I want this game to happen this year...
I hope it's released on December 10th... However, I am aware that game development is an unpredictable beast.
So, while I hope for a release this year, I will be unsurprised if the game is delayed yet again.

Good luck, CDPR... you need it.

I'm still seeing a lot of folks even in this thread thinking this is GTA 2077. Man will they have a rude awakening lol. This is a RPG first so a lot of the stuff you can do in GTA will be gated behind a build ( stats and perks) sooooo... I can see it now "ALLL THESE DELAYS AND ITSS NOTHING LIKE GTA BLAH BLAH" lmao going to be a car crash lol. I keep telling all my friends and folks I hear that think this is GTA 2077, that "whoa this is an RPG in FPP in an open world this is not a GTA clone... "
Tbh I hope for deus ex-like gameplay in open gta-like world.

Interesting! I thought it was compatibility with certain consoles. Do you have a link to what you've read?
It's in the OP as well but yes.
The game is complete already on all platforms. They overestimated the time it would take to get the day 0 patch done as it proved to be more work than anticipated.
The current generation consoles aren't running the game to their standards and they needed 21 extra days which effectively doubled the time needed to get this optimized.

You can also Google CD project investor call and get the PDF and read about what the devs said to the investors
They are maybe not comfortable but confident on the release of 10th of December and honestly I hope for this as well.

I can't find it ( = I have no time) but I remember an old interview from CDPR when they said that contrary to witcher 3, this time they had well in mind what ps4 and one can do and they developed and designed the game with that in mind. Making sure that every build worked well on each platform, optimizing while developing in order to avoid problems.
Now, I could remember it wrongly so don't take it as a true thing, but if someone could find it, it would be pure gold given the reality of facts we've recently learned. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom