Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Sticking with the analogy, it would not matter one bit if the lottery company promised me I pulled a winner. There is a zero percent chance I'd blindly believe them

Sounds like somebodies been let down by companies before ; ) good for you buddy, you get a gold star for your embedded mistrust and forward thinkin! But, not for analogies : ( being told a specific day something is available is not the same as buying a ticket and hoping to win : / obviously, still a bad comparison.

I can't find it ( = I have no time) but I remember an old interview from CDPR when they said that contrary to witcher 3, this time they had well in mind what ps4 and one can do and they developed and designed the game with that in mind. Making sure that every build worked well on each platform, optimizing while developing in order to avoid problems.
Now, I could remember it wrongly so don't take it as a true thing, but if someone could find it, it would be pure gold given the reality of facts we've recently learned. :ROFLMAO:
They did say that but as next-gen got closer they kinda got excited for a bit and lost sight of current-gen specs. so by time it was done and they went to optimize it for all systems they kinda had a well *** moment. because they wound up with more or less a next-gen game and are now having to get it to be backward compatible with the system. it's like trying to launch a windows 10 game on a pc with windows 7.

They did say that but as next-gen got closer they kinda got excited for a bit and lost sight of current-gen specs. so by time it was done and they went to optimize it for all systems they kinda had a well *** moment. because they wound up with more or less a next-gen game and are now having to get it to be backward compatible with the system. it's like trying to launch a windows 10 game on a pc with windows 7.
I hope that's not true because it sounds like the least professional thing ever.
Also, next gen version is not coming in December anyway but only in 2021 (late 2021?), At launch it'll be only backwards compatibility mode on ps5 and xbox series.

Btw, source?

Also, next gen version is not coming in December anyway but only in 2021 (late 2021?), At launch it'll be only backwards compatibility mode on ps5 and xbox series.

You are right the official next gen version is coming next year. However, the current version does work on next gen consoles. It has not been optimized and the features in the next gen consoles have not been fully utilized. That's what's different in the "next gen" version.

That said. Trying to optimize, meaning to make cuts in quality to maximize performance, for Xbox and PS4 is hell. There will be a huge hit to the game's quality and they're delaying the game to minimize how huge that hit is for those systems.

Another problem is when you are "optimizing" you are likely creating bugs which means more problems and more work.

Which is why I think they really ought to have dropped the game for xbox and ps4 and release on the current gen consoles instead. Far less work. However, they are not going to do that so my next suggestion would be to delay the old gen console version to next year. However since they are not likely to do that I'd recommend simply releasing the game on December 10th warts and all and try to patch up as best as you can afterwards.

You are right the official next gen version is coming next year. However, the current version does work on next gen consoles. It has not been optimized and the features in the next gen consoles have not been fully utilized. That's what's different in the "next gen" version.

That said. Trying to optimize, meaning to make cuts in quality to maximize performance, for Xbox and PS4 is hell. There will be a huge hit to the game's quality and they're delaying the game to minimize how huge that hit is for those systems.

Another problem is when you are "optimizing" you are likely creating bugs which means more problems and more work.

Which is why I think they really ought to have dropped the game for xbox and ps4 and release on the current gen consoles instead. Far less work. However, they are not going to do that so my next suggestion would be to delay the old gen console version to next year. However since they are not likely to do that I'd recommend simply releasing the game on December 10th warts and all and try to patch up as best as you can afterwards.
Less work and way less money earned.
The point is that they knew what current gen consoles can deliver with the programming tools CDPR is using. Failing to deliver is/would be just a mistake in their work. A huge mistake. You can't work for 8 years on a game and then just realize it doesn't run on 2 of the main platforms you developed it for.
I don't want to be harsh, but if I were the guy taking decisions I would metaphorically cut some heads off as soon as the game is released and hire someone else for future projects. Unless the crazy crunch they'll go through to deliver a playable game in just 3 additional weeks (do we believe in no other delays?) won't burn someone out.
That being said, this is just my clinical point of view of a situation I don't know shit about if not rumors.

The point is that they knew what current gen consoles can deliver with the programming tools CDPR is using. Failing to deliver is/would be just a mistake in their work. A huge mistake. You can't work for 8 years on a game and then just realize it doesn't run on 2 of the main platforms you developed it for.
I don't want to be harsh, but if I were the guy taking decisions I would metaphorically cut some heads off as soon as the game is released and hire someone else for future projects. Unless the crazy crunch they'll go through to deliver a playable game in just 3 additional weeks (do we believe in no other delays?) won't burn someone out.
That being said, this is just my clinical point of view of a situation I don't know shit about if not rumors.

It sounds accurate tho.
The launch is a mess lmao.

I wish CDPR's bluecollars the best tho.

. . . . . .

I don't want to be harsh, but if I were the guy taking decisions I would metaphorically cut some heads off as soon as the game is released and hire someone else for future projects.

. . . . . . .
That sounds pretty close to what they said that they plan on doing. Get this release out, and then do some restructuring in response to too many things having been put in place too late in the process.

Guest 4419821

Will there be anymore promo stuff released before launch, like them night city wire videos we were getting on a Thursday?

Will there be anymore promo stuff released before launch, like them night city wire videos we were getting on a Thursday?

There should be another Night City Wire episode.
But the game launches (we hope) in 5 weeks, so I guess that in two or three weeks we'll start to see the game everywhere.

Okay. I read very often 8 years of work.

That is not true. The game was anounced back then.
The pre-development were beginning with a 50 people team 2014, as far as I know.
The full team started 2016 after finished TW3 Blood and Wine.
So don´t be dramatic.
In my opinion are 4 years for a AAA game okay.

The pre-development were beginning with a 50 people team 2014, as far as I know.
So don´t be dramatic.

Absolutely true.
And to confirm this info I post this video interview. Go to minute 1:34

So don´t be dramatic.
Goddamn.
I knew someone would have come for that 8 years. Never disappointed.
:disapprove:
They started pre production 8 years ago. They knew the platforms they were developing for and started designing the game, 8 years ago, with those machines in mind.
So, yes, literally 8 years of work.
Full time 10 hours per day, full team on cyberpunk? No. Have I written that? Still no.

Goddamn.
I knew someone would have come for that 8 years. Never disappointed.
:disapprove:
They started pre production 8 years ago. They knew the platforms they were developing for and started designing the game, 8 years ago, with those in mind.
So, yes, literally 8 years of work.
Full time 10 hours per day, full team on cyberpunk? No. Have I written that? Still no.

I didn´t mentioned that you said this.
I only give the the full fact.
So do and think what you like.
For me 6 years a okay. ;-)

Let everyone decide for his own 4 or 8 years.
I think if they want to be mad at CDPR they will say 8 years.
If they don´t want to be mad they say 4 years.
If they think somewhere in between like me :) 6 years.

But to be honest 8 years are not true even literally not.

Look at:
dacosmicegg mentioned before

Even if they didn't start fully to work on game from 2013, they still had to finish a lot of side stuff, it is not like they did nothing on CP2077 till the day they finish Witcher 3 blood and wine dlc.

But also in 2018 i think they was ask about work on new consoles PS4 and Xbox one, and they talk how this time is great they know what they can do what they can be build on them to work and so on, and now out of the blue they are like wait this can't work on PS4 and Xbox one, it look funny and unporfesional from them.

Why say you know what some system can do and what his limits are and still make game that would not work on him by the end?

I didn´t mentioned that you said this.
I only give the the full fact.
So do and think what you like.
For me 6 years a okay. ;-)

Let everyone decide for his own 4 or 8 years.
I think if they want to be mad at CDPR they will say 8 years.
If they don´t want to be mad they say 4 years.
I they think somewhere in between like me :) 6 years.

But to be honest 8 years are not true even literally not.
I couldn't care less of how long it took them, 8, 6, 3 years... I just wrote that if they can't deliver the game on the machines they developed it for, it's quite a huge problem since they knew the hardware and actually released a full game plus expansions on them.

Btw, I was already very aware that full time development started after blood and wine. Which gives them even less "excuses" for all the problems they're having with current gen.

If it's a problem they can't solve, then it's a problem. A big, big problem.

Quick, evacuate the internet.

Top Bottom