Important announcement regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I had similar happen in the New Vegas Lonesome Road. Got stuck in the exploding missile silo elevator... had to use the noclip command to go through the elevator and get to the exit.

Unfortunately I play on consoles so no command to get me out of trouble. The journal that was the quest objective spawned under the ground and was unreachable. You needed to pick it up so the ghost would open the way out of the dungeon. Eventually I did end up starting a new game, but that was 100+ hours wasted. So I took a few years off.

Everything is so silent from CDPR.

The reddit page and twitter doesn't show a release date anymore.

There are some rumors about a possible new delay, what do you guys think?

Actually the twitter page shows the release date. Same for the Facebook page.
What happened on the Facebook pace (at least in Italy) is that hey swapped the image from a picture that says "Pre Order Now" to one that says "December 10th". Maybe something similar happened.

Last edited:

Given the backlash this most recent delay caused, going quiet on social media is probably a fair move. You can still see tweets from them guaranteeing the November 19 release not even 24 hours prior to them having to announce another delay; it doesn't appear they've deleted them. Plus if developers are receiving threats, I dare not imagine what the DMs for the official Cyberpunk 2077 must look like. So I don't blame them for going quiet.

As far as pages not showing a release date, I don't think there's much stock in that. At this point, it's not like we're going to forget. Plus I think more people would google the release date before looking for it on social media, or is that just me? On Twitter, the release date is in the header image instead of the bio. Can't speak for Reddit. If I see an ad for the game and it doesn't have a release date on it, then I'll be worried.

And if they are discussing delaying the game again, then it seems they've at least learned to keep the social media team in the loop of such things. A small victory.

Oh no the banner only said per-order now...but seems like it's fine or that one was made up so people would complain.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 143
Oh no the banner only said per-order now...but seems like it's fine or that one was made up so people would complain.

Seems someone using the wayback machine, an internet archive which lets you look back at archived web pages, you can see that the account actually appears to have changed the header image after the announcement of the December 10 delay back in October. SO all the rumors are just unfounded.

With CDPR going quiet which imo is for the best for now, a lot of people are going down a rabbit hole of rumors and conspiracies.

CDPR are hard at work making sure everyone who wants to enjoy Cyberpunk come Dec 10th can with as few buggs and glitches as possible. Stay strong CDPR we love you and are waiting with patience (well most of us are) .

CDPR are hard at work making sure everyone who wants to enjoy Cyberpunk come Dec 10th can with as few buggs and glitches as possible. Stay strong CDPR we love you and are waiting with patience (well most of us are) .
I hope they dont get all the bugs to deal with vehicle summon id love to see some bugs like roach on the roof posted on Reddit or twitter before they patch them

So long as the bugs are minor and not the size of the X-42 Giant Roboscorpion, we should be fine... be honest, would you want this on your car?
View attachment 11067212
On the car no, not ideal. If that was the vehicle though... well Night city would certainly be more interesting than it already is. But I agree, let's hope the bugs and other issues are only minor non game breaking annoyances.

I have nothing to ask you. I believe that all of you in CD Project Red have done all you can to give us a masterpiece. I know a few past weeks have been difficult for all of you, crunch to meet deadline. Reactions and comments have put pressure on you guys. when i heard about game delay to december 10th, I'm also angry, frustrated and dissapointed like many others fan because we have been waiting for another great experience and memorable time like the witcher 3. That's why some of us had eccessive behavior towards CD project Red staffs, and that's unacceptable. I can't speak on behalf of the whole fan community, but i want you to know that i still trust you guys by pre-purchasing cyberpunk 2077. this may not be something big but it's a sign that i have faith in you guys.
I wish all the best to CD Project Red staffs and your family.

P/S: sorry English is not my native language
Untitled.png

I have nothing to ask you. I believe that all of you in CD Project Red have done all you can to give us a masterpiece. I know a few past weeks have been difficult for all of you, crunch to meet deadline. Reactions and comments have put pressure on you guys. when i heard about game delay to december 10th, I'm also angry, frustrated and dissapointed like many others fan because we have been waiting for another great experience and memorable time like the witcher 3. That's why some of us had eccessive behavior towards CD project Red staffs, and that's unacceptable. I can't speak on behalf of the whole fan community, but i want you to know that i still trust you guys by pre-purchasing cyberpunk 2077. this may not be something big but it's a sign that i have faith in you guys.
I wish all the best to CD Project Red staffs and your family.

P/S: sorry English is not my native language
View attachment 11067341
You're doing fine dude no here gonna come at for trying

I think they cant fix all problems(on other platforms than pc maybe +mac) even pc version works now. they need do tons stuff get if be playatable other platforms so lets wait until too january or more until they get it fixed. Bad thing is they have launch it simultaneously to all platforms why not do like verse Rockstar Games release pc now and others later.

I think they cant fix all problems(on other platforms than pc maybe +mac) even pc version works now. they need do tons stuff get if be playatable other platforms so lets wait until too january or more until they get it fixed. Bad thing is they have launch it simultaneously to all platforms why not do like verse Rockstar Games release pc now and others later.
Yeah PC gamer have to wait 1-2 years later after the fact. You are wise beyond your years you know that. They could but remember CDPK has to maintain it esteemed relationship with the people. you don't know how in bed this company is with their government. If people hate CDPK too much, there will be too much amassing resentment/ resistance for their City Creation. You don't get 7.8 million dollar grant for building a videogame. that tech has to go to something that can be used outside like building programs to be used for restructuring building in Poland. The morality card they are holding seems more bondage... than actual business smarts. I'm not even that invested in the game anymore, most time i just fling Cyberpunk 2077 around to get discounts on PC part and computers.

I hoped that Cyberpunk will be delayed at least by March 2021.
It is very disappointing that release was shifted just 2 months.
I have very high hopes for this game, seeing how bleak and conveyer-style RPG developing came to be these last 10 years.
And CDPR is (last?) bright ray in this darkness still.
Rush makes for quality compromises. E.g. we will get unfinished/poorly joined story line and side quests that make depth to the game and make it into fine art and delight to play. Good testing and bug resolutions is extremely important for such massive project.

So I would be content to wait for Cyberpunk released in autumn 2021 - if it means it gets to be the game enjoyable and re-playable for years.

I'm very sorry to see so much gamers/bloggers/media complaining about delays (although delay means they get better Cyberpunk). I am even more sorry for developers in crazy rush

@Vattier
As idea, maybe it is good to create vote post asking usernames if they are:
(1) OK with delay if it makes game better in content and less buggy
(2) Extremely annoyed
(3) Somewhat annoyed etc.
It just will let people see if there are much people who feel like me and actually like reasonable delays (I hope at least 20% of voters support my view, or my faith in humanity will be utterly crushed :) )

A delay at this point would not only ruin the investors' faith in CDPR as a whole, but also the customers' faith. This would not only make it more difficult for them to actually sell future products, but would likely cut into their budgeting for said future projects due to investors pulling out, and people not buying their products, or waiting until they were on sale to make said purchases, a la Darkout.

For the unaware, look it up on Steam.

So, do you hate CDPR that much?

So I would be content to wait for Cyberpunk released in autumn 2021 - if it means it gets to be the game enjoyable and re-playable for years.

Well...at this point why delay until march or autumn 2021? Why not delay until 2022? So the game can be more perfect?
And when it's 2022, we can discuss another delay to have the game even more perfect than before.
I mean, come on, we can wait until 2077 in order to get a perfect game, right? Or 2100?

Well...at this point why delay until march or autumn 2021? Why not delay until 2022? So the game can be more perfect?
And when it's 2022, we can discuss another delay to have the game even more perfect than before.
I mean, come on, we can wait until 2077 in order to get a perfect game, right? Or 2100?
I dunno... maybe the year 10,000? Or maybe the year 40,000? Who knows, maybe when the sun finally runs low on fuel and turns into a red giant the game'll be perfect, since it will have had a few billion years of development.

If you need to delay it further, please do. I'd hate for the game to be rushed for the sole reason of just putting it out there.

Top Bottom