IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

On March 9th, we will be merging RED forum accounts with the flexible system of GOG.com, our sister company distributing DRM free games, operating within the CD PROJEKT group.

In short, this means that from that day on, you will use one account to access all CD PROJEKT services! The need for remembering multiple passwords and logins will be gone. After all, we’re one, big family!

Why the change?

Because we believe that having to remember one password and login instead of two is, well, better. One company, one access key--as simple as that. Plus, it will allow us easier integration of great new features in the future, you’ll see what we mean further down the road. Also, and most importantly, the people at GOG.com have some pretty mad server and back-end infrastructure. We won’t have to worry about that during launch and we can now focus on what we like the most--making games.

Does the merge mean that we’ll have to buy anything?

No, absolutely not. It only means that when we launch the merge, you’ll be able to log into the forums and GOG.com with one account, nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and, like every new GOG.com user, you’ll get a bunch of awesome games for free, too.

What about my data, I agreed to share it with you, not them!

We will never share your data with anyone without your consent. That’s why we’re asking you to accept the new TOS (Terms of Service) at GOG.com. Remember CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com are both part of CD PROJEKT S.A., a bigger parent company--we have offices in the same building and know each other in and out. From your (i.e. forum member’s) perspective, your data will be as secure as ever. We are, however, obliged by law to ask you to allow us to transfer data management rights, even within the same group of sister companies.

What’s in it for me?

First of all, usability. As we said above, we think one password is better than two. But, we also think we owe you one for the trouble, so CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com prepared a special 80% off deal for you for hand-picked games from GOG’s catalogue. These are: Blackguards, Heretic Kingdoms, Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2; Sir, You Are Being Hunted, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky And Two Worlds 2.

How much time do I have to merge my account?

Your account has to be merged before March 9th.

What will happen if I choose to opt out from the merging process?

Your account will be locked and you'll have to contact GOG.com to reenable it if you still want to participate in community discussions.

What else do I need to know about the merge process?

First of all, your account will now be managed through the GOG.com account management system. If you ever need to change your password or email adress you'll have to do it there. Also, your GOG.com nickname will from now on be your main nickname on our forums. If your nickname from the RED forums happens to be already taken on GOG.com by another user, we will add 3 random numbers to your original RED forum nickname. If you want to change your nickname when that happens, please contact GOG.com support.

Last edited:
Soo.. will the merge be automatic on the 9th of March? Or do we need to merge the account before the 9th of March? ( the first sentence in the post seems to be the first option but under the question: How much time do I have to merge my account? it seems that we need to merge it.)

Never Mind >.>'

Treasa

Forum veteran
Well, that was almost painless :)

Aw rats! Every time we do something like this my rep and post count goes back to ziltch.

Last edited:
A merge?

Which of the two accounts will subside? Will I have to bid farewell to my current nick?
How will they go about it, if registered email accounts are different, or will it be based on same IP?

A merge?

Which of the two accounts will subside? Will I have to bid farewell to my current nick?
How will they go about it, if registered email accounts are different, or will it be based on same IP?

The GOG.com account is the main one here. The merge will happen based on the email. Hope this helps:)

The GOG.com account is the main one here. The merge will happen based on the email. Hope this helps:)

Thanks. I'm registered under two different email accounts. I take it this one will be deleted, right?
Hope you will offer at least one additional chance to change nick, because mine over gog.com is not palatable.

Oh, you guys registered in Cyprus?

First of all, your account will now be managed through the GOG.com account management system. If you ever need to change your password or email adress you'll have to do it there. Also, your GOG.com nickname will from now on be your main nickname on our forums. If your nickname from the RED forums happens to be already taken on GOG.com by another user, we will add 3 random numbers to your original RED forum nickname. If you want to change your nickname when that happens, please contact GOG.com support.

I didn't quit understand that. Let's say I already have user names here on the forum and on GOG. The one on GOG will become the primary one? Is there a way to have separate user names (for example as alias)? Or it has to be one on both? If there is no aliasing, I find this to be not a good idea since it will require changing the user name either here or on GOG. It shouldn't be hard to separate display name from the user name.

Last edited:
I didn't quit understand that. Let's say I already have user names here on the forum and on GOG. The one on GOG will become the primary one? Is there a way to have separate user names (for example as alias)? Or it has to be one on both?

Unfortunately not. There will be one username/nickname for all of our services. However, if you wish, after the merge is concluded, there will be an option for users to contact GOG.com tech support in order to change the username (in special instances).

Heyup quick question, got a couple o accounts on GOG, different details, games and billing information, which one am I supposed to use?

Unfortunately not. There will be one username/nickname for all of our services. However, if you wish, after the merge is concluded, there will be an option for users to contact GOG.com tech support in order to change the username (in special instances).

It's sounds too restrictive. I understand that it simplifies things for the forum (no need to manage users), but it will require changing the user names, so those who aren't familiar will not recognize you. May be some aliasing system can be introduced to help that?

Or alternatively, may be I can create another account on GOG to direct merging to that one and prevent any renaming?

Last edited:
Or alternatively, may be I can create another account on GOG to direct merging to that one and prevent any renaming?

Since the merge seems to be e-mail address dependent the easiest way to prevent the merge is probably to change one account to a different e-mail address.

Avatars will suffer the merging effect too? I have the same nickname but different avatars. you can answer once you come back fom the cinema. No in hurry.

Since the merge seems to be e-mail address dependent the easiest way to prevent the merge is probably to change one account to a different e-mail address.

You mean to change e-mail for account here to another one? What will happen then, a new account on GOG will be created? By the way, it seems that forum has hard time with e-mails that use plus suffixes like <name>+<suffix>@domain. That's a useful method to use multiple e-mails without registering on many servers.

I.e. for example:

<name>+gog@domain and <name>+cdprforum@domain.
---------- Updated at 05:56 PM ----------

@Marcin Momot : Will forum and GOG recognize such e-mails as different, or one can't use them?

Last edited:
So I have the same user name both on GOG and here but I'm registered with two different e-mail adresses (cause one is just for playing - for forums and sites that love to spam, the other is for sites where my real identity is required). I just accepted the merge, what happens next? Will I have two different accounts on GOG from now on, say 12yayodeanno3 and the original yayodeanno or what? This talking of "merge" is a lil fluffy, it should have been put bluntly: "You wanna keep posting on here? Register on GOG or get out!" :p

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't like this idea!

I like CDPR and I wish you all the best with your gog site, but I don't like when fans are forced to join some of your other services just to have chance to acces forum. This is maybe EA/Ubi style, but this is also why people hate them. You did not forget to mention your games are DRM free, but it seems your forum is not :)

There is no reason to do something like that .. I can understand your effort to bring more customers, but if I will use GOG, I should do that because I want it, not because somebody pushed me to do that, otherwise, I will lose access to community.

What about my data, I agreed to share it with you, not them!
We will never share your data with anyone without your consent. That’s why we’re asking you to accept the new TOS (Terms of Service) at GOG.com.
So my choice is - give you permission to share it or get lost.

Avatars will suffer the merging effect too? I have the same nickname but different avatars. you can answer once you come back fom the cinema. No in hurry.

No. All the specific forum items, such as avatar, signatures, etc., remain the same. All that is affected is your username (if it's taken on GOG.com and it's linked to a different account than yours) and the login method.

Sorry, but I don't like this idea!

I like CDPR and I wish you all the best with your gog site, but I don't like when fans are forced to join some of your other services just to have chance to acces forum. This is maybe EA/Ubi style, but this is also why people hate them. You did not forget to mention your games are DRM free, but it seems your forum is not :)

There is no reason to do something like that .. I can understand your effort to bring more customers, but if I will use GOG, I should do that because I want it, not because somebody pushed me to do that, otherwise, I will lose access to community.

So my choice is - give you permission to share it or get lost.

Yep i'm sorry but this is my first impression as well, this has got the stink of Steam or BSN all over it, and I stopped using Steam and came to GOG because I wanted something different. To be honset i've been suspecting something like this would happen from when that Galaxy thing was announced. In two minds whether to bugger off or not, been here six years plus but this is kind of forcing my hand.

Ah well got 'til March to decide.

Top Bottom