IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+
No. All the specific forum items, such as avatar, signatures, etc., remain the same. All that is affected is your username (if it's taken on GOG.com and it's linked to a different account than yours) and the login method.

So what exactly will happen if e-mails on GOG and CDPR forums don't match? A new account will be created on GOG that will match CDPR forum e-mail, or CDPR forum will just use existing GOG account dropping the current old one from the forum? And how can one direct the system to which one is yours on GOG if they don't match?

So do do you go about merging accounts? You haven't stated how.

We are collecting consents from you guys until the 9th of March. After that date the merge will occur for everyone who opts in.

---------- Updated at 07:52 PM ----------

So what exactly will happen if e-mails on GOG and CDPR forums don't match? A new account will be created on GOG that will match CDPR forum e-mail, or CDPR forum will just use existing GOG account dropping the current old one from the forum? And how can one direct the system to which one is yours on GOG if they don't match?

If the email you are using here doesn't match your GOG.com account one, there will be a new account created on GOG. We suggest changing your email on our forums so it matches the one from GOG.com. This way, the procedure will be painless and the only thing that may get affected, will be your username, which later can be changed via GOG's support.

If the email you are using here doesn't match your GOG.com account one, there will be a new account created on GOG. We suggest changing your email on our forums so it matches the one from GOG.com. This way, the procedure will be painless and the only thing that may get affected, will be your username, which later can be changed via GOG's support.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd actually prefer not to change user names here and on GOG to avoid confusion for those who are familiar with my particular user name in either place, so I'll just keep those e-mails separate.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd actually prefer not to change user names here and on GOG to avoid confusion for those who are familiar with my particular user name in either place, so I'll just keep those e-mails separate.

It's perfectly fine if you do:)

I don't have problem with this, but I going to write to the support, I want to keep this forum name.

I'm doing the same. That reminds me, @Marcin Momot, do you have to answer the email that GOG sends you after you contact support even though I put all the information in my support message? I'm kind of confused.

Last edited:
I clicked yes, but then I realized my witcher forum & GOG accounts have different email addresses..

Am I fucked now? :(

I think the actual merge will happen in March, so if you align your e-mails until then, it should be OK. Same is probably in the other direction, if you want to keep separate user names, change e-mails to something different until March.

But may be Marcin can clarify this.

How can I change my Witcher forum email? I went to my profile to do so, and it said it was disabled. I don't want to change my GoG account, since that is my primary email while this one since the time it was created ended up becoming more of a throwaway.

Well now at 40 logins at the forums in 2 hours. I can't even see if I'm logged in. Let alone edit my own profile, though I'm logged in otherwise my posts wouldn't show up properly.

And yeah I want to change my forum e-mail address. Not willing to have two accounts merged that should most definitely have different passwords. I rather remember my 30+ passwords then risk important and non-important accounts getting mixed together, and being a lot less secure.

EVERYONE I recommend using secondary e-mails for the forums from now on. You never want to use passwords for more than one log-in. and separate your unimportant forum accounts and official payed for stuff accounts everywhere!

EVERYONE I recommend using secondary e-mails for the forums from now on. You never want to use passwords for more than one log-in. and separate your unimportant forum accounts and official payed for stuff accounts everywhere!

I often used such approach. Had a secondary e-mail name@domain and used name+suffix@domain on different places if I needed unique e-mails. The service directs them all to name@domain. But forum has an issue with such e-mails.

And yeah I want to change my forum e-mail address. Not willing to have two accounts merged that should most definitely have different passwords. I rather remember my 30+ passwords then risk important and non-important accounts getting mixed together, and being a lot less secure.

Remembering so many passwords is a bad idea. A proper way to handle it is to use a password manager which securely stores your passwords and can generate very long ones. Then remember one master password (long but memorable) to access the password manager (it will decrypt data using that password) and generate very long passwords from random symbols for each new service where you need to register. You don't need to remember any of those, and on the other hand they are better than any memorable passwords.

Last edited:
Remembering so many passwords is a bad idea. A proper way to handle it is to use a password manager which securely stores your passwords and can generate very long ones. Then remember one master password (long but memorable) to access the password manager (it will decrypt data using that password) and generate very long passwords from random symbols for each new service where you need to register.

Can be for some people, sure. I'm really good at long passwords. I type 24+ digits passwords by knowing the website and login name by muscle memory. Couldn't say what my passwords are, can't type them without a real keyboard.

I personally hate password managers, spend too much time trying to hack my in-laws passwords after they screwed up with those gimmicks.
and give them bonus points for not knowing e-mail passwords thanks to those managers.

I just made a new gog account how do I merge this one with it? Should I get an email? Also I have this problem:
I can't even see if I'm logged in. Let alone edit my own profile, though I'm logged in otherwise my posts wouldn't show up properly.
so i can't check which email I used for this account.

Top Bottom