IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+
I'm just after downloading most of my GOG library and moving them all onto USB drives just in case somethings goes wrong with the merger. I know I'm probably panicking unnecessarily, but I've done it just to be safe.

I have no tabs (user name, settings, etc.) in Chrome after the merge. I can see them using Internet Explorer but there's nothing on the top in Chrome. Is there a fix for that already?

I have no tabs (user name, settings, etc.) in Chrome after the merge. I can see them using Internet Explorer but there's nothing on the top in Chrome. Is there a fix for that already?

I have the same problem after the merge with Firefox.

The only place where i can see the tabs is here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/

Exactly. Well, I guess it'll get fixed soon.

Try a forced page refresh - Ctrl-F5.
The merge hasn't happened yet, it was a site update that caused the problem.

I'm just after downloading most of my GOG library and moving them all onto USB drives just in case somethings goes wrong with the merger. I know I'm probably panicking unnecessarily, but I've done it just to be safe.

I'll be putting all my mine on an external HD as soon as I get my new PC. It's one of the reasons they went DRM in the first place, so you don't have to rely on anything online to access your games. And I'm not going to think of merging until they get everything ironed out on both sites.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how, but it worked, thanks!

The simple explanation - some of the stuff on a website page is stored on your own PC (cached) to save your browser the effort of re-downloading every time you visit the site. Sometimes, if the website is changed, that gets fucked up. Ctrl-F5 forces the browser to go and get the latest version.

It's often a good thing to try whenever something like this happens, not just here. Especially when some people say it's OK, and others have the same problem, or if it works OK when you switch to a browser you don't use very often, but not in your everyday browser.

I actually haven't thought much about the merge, but I recognise centralisation whenever I see it. Lost a job to centralisation once, but of course they never called it that.

I thank CDPR for the idea of making life easier and all good things that comes with change. Perhaps I even find some good old games one day, who knows? But I want you to know one thing: I accepted this merge only because of this forum.

If I want games I go to my favourite gamestore and support them, a strategy that has worked well for me these last 21 years. To me this merge, and you'll recognise I'm quoting a great author, is a smaller evil compared to the greater evil that is losing my forum account. A greater evil would be me not getting in touch with this forum or you wonderful people that are my fellow witcher members.

I'm accepting...and yet I think I'm about to lose two good friends to this merge anyway. Two that I know of anyway, so this is a very sad day for me.

I'm accepting...and yet I think I'm about to lose two good friends to this merge anyway. Two that I know of anyway, so this is a very sad day for me.

I tell my clients regarding their customers data security that its "Personal Data" so treat it at all times as if it is the Person, and you their Guardian.

OK... I try to tell them... very rarely anyone really listens... I understand people not liking this, I don;t like mixing social & critical data myself, too many connections.

I tell my clients regarding their customers data security that its "Personal Data" so treat it at all times as if it is the Person, and you their Guardian.

OK... I try to tell them... very rarely anyone really listens... I understand people not liking this, I don;t like mixing social & critical data myself, too many connections.

So will I lose you in the merge as well my friend?

No such luck mate... check my previous, I accepted the merge already. I, as usual, reserve the right to moan :p

IF this was the REDs attempt to throw me off the train they'll have to think of something better next time ;)

Guys, I have an update regarding your names. If your name here contains some special characters (including spaces) it will be moved to GOG.com the way it is here. Meaning that if you don't have an account on GOG.com or have one but linked with a different email account, The one created on GOG.com will have the same name you have here.

If the email you are using here doesn't match your GOG.com account one, there will be a new account created on GOG. We suggest changing your email on our forums so it matches the one from GOG.com. This way, the procedure will be painless and the only thing that may get affected, will be your username, which later can be changed via GOG's support.

And what happens if we change the GOG email to match the one we use here on the forums?

And what happens if we change the GOG email to match the one we use here on the forums?

The same. The merge procedure will merge accounts by email addresses. The accounts will be merged into one and your name from GOG.com will transfer to your profile here.

Guys, I have an update regarding your names. If your name here contains some special characters (including spaces) it will be moved to GOG.com the way it is here. Meaning that if you don't have an account on GOG.com or have one but linked with a different email account, The one created on GOG.com will have the same name you have here.

Yeees! Just the answer I was hoping for! Heh, I feel this post is somewhat directed to me given my recent questions.
Gog said my name here was too long but I guess now this won't be an issue. So many thanks for clearing this up! :happy:

Top Bottom