IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+

Guest 2087432

Thank you for the game discount code RED and GOG. Really nice:)

Aye, the username consolidation coupled with the fact I now have to set my internet privacy settings to 'low' to browse these boards is pretty poor guys.

Will the old - frankly much better - forum functionality be back anytime soon?

Last edited:
@Fandango9641 I had the problem of not being able to log in which might have been a similar reason to yours: For the forum I had to enable third party cookies, specifically for gog.com, so that the log in could be saved. I am guessing, that Internet Explorer blocks third party cookies in higher security settings, so make an exception for gog.com and you should be fine.

Forum account support?

Not sure where to post this, there used to be a section for forum-related support but I can't find it.

Ever since I deleted cookies in my browser I can't log in with my old account anymore. The forum now asks for a GOG account so I had to use this one and merge the two. Any way I can retrieve my old account or is it gone for good?

Merged in with the thread where this was announced. There's some instructions for fixing such issues, but I'm not sure if they'll still be valid after so long.

Guest 3604582

I logged for the first time today (although I guess I must have the forum account a long ago) and got presented with a of page with 2 buttons: one being merge, the other decline or something. There was also a checkbox regarding data transfer rights from GOG to CDPR, which I didn't click. I was in a hurry and I think I clicked merge without clicking the checkbox though - that means the merge shouldn't have worked, right? Yet I am here posting. I was in a hurry and wasn't sure what exactly I clicked to be honest, could someone fill me in here please? I am not sure who manages my data now and I don't want to risk losing my games.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GOG.com account and CDPR forum account is depend same mail adress, nick names looks same as well. So everything is okay right?

Knightf4ll;n10920791 said:
My GOG.com account and CDPR forum account is depend same mail adress, nick names looks same as well. So everything is okay right?

The merge took place in 2015. Your account (opened in 2016) is already a GOG account. No worries.

Hi, I got an email today under the email address that I used to register for the forums (not my GOG account).

It says:
To continue using your forum account, you need to merge it with a GOG.com account before May 23rd, 2018, 11:59 PM CEST

Has this Email been sent by mistake? I'm unable to login/reset my password using that email address. That account has already been deleted.

In order to not receive anymore Email to that address, is it enough to unsubscribe?

Regards
Jens

jeytimes;n10921067 said:
Hi, I got an email today under the email address that I used to register for the forums (not my GOG account).
Hello there.
I'm not entirely sure why you were sent this message, but was the e-mail from the Forums or from GOG.com?

Update: Yes, an e-mail was sent. If that older account is already deleted, I don't think you need to worry. You can probably just unsubscribe for that address.

Last edited:
Riven-Twain;n10921082 said:
Hello there.
I'm not entirely sure why you were sent this message, but was the e-mail from the Forums or from GOG.com?

Update: Yes, an e-mail was sent. If that older account is already deleted, I don't think you need to worry. You can probably just unsubscribe for that address.

ok, will do

Thank you for your assistance

No Title

Writing to keep my account open ..

Attachments

• photo210086.gif
    photo210086.gif
    716.3 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom