IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

+
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Upcoming RED/GOG Account Merge

From Our Beloved Red Masters:

"On March 9th, we will be merging RED forum accounts with the flexible system of GOG.com, our sister company distributing DRM free games, operating within the CD PROJEKT group.

In short, this means that from that day on, you will use one account to access all CD PROJEKT services! The need for remembering multiple passwords and logins will be gone. After all, we’re one, big family!

Why the change?

Because we believe that having to remember one password and login instead of two is, well, better. One company, one access key--as simple as that. Plus, it will allow us easier integration of great new features in the future, you’ll see what we mean further down the road. Also, and most importantly, the people at GOG.com have some pretty mad server and back-end infrastructure. We won’t have to worry about that during launch and we can now focus on what we like the most--making games.

Does the merge mean that we’ll have to buy anything?

No, absolutely not. It only means that when we launch the merge, you’ll be able to log into the forums and GOG.com with one account, nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and, like every new GOG.com user, you’ll get a bunch of awesome games for free, too.

What about my data, I agreed to share it with you, not them!

We will never share your data with anyone without your consent. That’s why we’re asking you to accept the new TOS (Terms of Service) at GOG.com. Remember CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com are both part of CD PROJEKT S.A., a bigger parent company--we have offices in the same building and know each other in and out. From your (i.e. forum member’s) perspective, your data will be as secure as ever. We are, however, obliged by law to ask you to allow us to transfer data management rights, even within the same group of sister companies.

What’s in it for me?

First of all, usability. As we said above, we think one password is better than two. But, we also think we owe you one for the trouble, so CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com prepared a special 80% off deal for you for hand-picked games from GOG’s catalogue. These are: Blackguards, Heretic Kingdoms, Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2; Sir, You Are Being Hunted, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky And Two Worlds 2.

How much time do I have to merge my account?

Your account has to be merged before March 9th.

What will happen if I choose to opt out from the merging process?

Your account will be locked and you'll have to contact GOG.com to reenable it if you still want to participate in community discussions.

What else do I need to know about the merge process?

First of all, your account will now be managed through the GOG.com account management system. If you ever need to change your password or email adress you'll have to do it there. Also, your GOG.com nickname will from now on be your main nickname on our forums. If your nickname from the RED forums happens to be already taken on GOG.com by another user, we will add 3 random numbers to your original RED forum nickname. If you want to change your nickname when that happens, please contact GOG.com support."

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/33551-IMPORTANT-ANNOUNCEMENT-Upcoming-RED-GOG-Account-Merge

Tsk tsk tsk... Such a free-spirited man, and look what he's been reduced to - reposting staff messages.

That's me! A Corporate Policing Cyborg! Directive Four All.The.Way.

With any luck the merger will make Canadian moderators redundant and be downsized. Whereas reptiles and dragons will be recognized for their outstanding contributions to forumdom (forumhood?) and elevated to the lofty heights they deserve.
Hey ... one can dream ...

Ehm... excuse me If I'm being superdense but... do we have to do anything? If I already have an account with GOG and these forums... will they merge them based on my email address or what? I wouldn't really like that this made me lose the games I already have on that. Who would? Maybe Sard would. Like losing his own games I mean. Not mine.

With any luck the merger will make Canadian moderators redundant and be downsized. Whereas reptiles and dragons will be recognized for their outstanding contributions to forumdom (forumhood?) and elevated to the lofty heights they deserve.
Hey ... one can dream ...

If I go any higher, I'll burn in the sun.

Wait... was that what you were planning?

---------- Updated at 07:37 AM ----------

Ehm... excuse me If I'm being superdense but... do we have to do anything? If I already have an account with GOG and these forums... will they merge them based on my email address or what? I wouldn't really like that this made me lose the games I already have on that. Who would? Maybe Sard would. Like losing his own games I mean. Not mine.

You need to accept the new TOS at GOG, that's all, so log out and back in at GOG. You should get an email about it, but you can already go ahead and do it.

Ehm... excuse me If I'm being superdense but... do we have to do anything? .

You need to send me your address and phone number, yeah. Also post a pic of yourself wearing only a smile and six pounds of lanolin.

Mmmm. Lanolin.

This should be a pretty smooth transition and really, it is designed to simplify access to both forums and CDPR services across the boards.

You don't have to buy anything. You don't have to change much, if anything, (maybe pick a forum name from your two available). You never, ever have to log in to or even see any forums outside these, our beloved digital home. This will, quite probably, affect you barely at all.

And, tragically, I'm not a moderator over there at GoG, so, you know, it's obviously a lower-class place. Lacking in Me.

What if we don't have a GoG account? (Yeah; heresy, I know.)

I've already logged in and accepted the new ToS; do I have to take any other action?

This really doesn't affect me at all since I don't have an account a GOG, whatever that is. I never even heard of it before this announcement.

No account at GOG, should be unaffected. You won't notice anything new.

Or, OR, you could START an account at GoG and go buy Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 Full Collection, Grim Fandango and if you've never played them, please, please try Planescape: Torment, ( possibly my favourite RPG ever) and System Shock 2.

All ready to go on modern systems.

Really, if you've never played PS:T, I don't think I can even talk to you. This may seem like a relief but...actually, never mind. You bastards might actually like that!

Anyway. http://www.gog.com/game/planescape_torment At least read up on why it is a classic!

Edit: a summary!

" Sigil... A place with gates that lead anywhere in existence, provided you have the proper key. It is a neutral ground and a watering hole for races across the multiverse, all under the watchful shadow of the Lady of Pain, the enigmatic ruler of the city. It is a place where the word is mightier than the sword, where thought defines reality, where belief has the power to reshape worlds and change the laws of physics."

To GoG!

Last edited:

Or, OR, you could START an account at GoG and go buy Witcher 1, Witcher 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 Full Collection, Grim Fandango and if you've never played them, please, please try Planescape: Torment, ( possibly my favourite RPG ever) and System Shock 2.

Really, if you've never played PS:T, I don't think I can even talk to you. This may seem like a relief but...actually, never mind. You bastards might actually like that!

Anyway. http://www.gog.com/game/planescape_torment At least read up on why it is a classic!

" Sigil... A place with gates that lead anywhere in existence, provided you have the proper key. It is a neutral ground and a watering hole for races across the multiverse, all under the watchful shadow of the Lady of Pain, the enigmatic ruler of the city. It is a place where the word is mightier than the sword, where thought defines reality, where belief has the power to reshape worlds and change the laws of physics."

To GoG!
I have KotoR. I bought the Mac version way back on '03 at the Mac store. I also have Jedi Academy, and Jedi Outcast, all for the Mac, and all bought hardcopy from the Mac store.

I have KotoR. I bought the Mac version way back on '03 at the Mac store. I also have Jedi Academy, and Jedi Outcast, all for the Mac, and all bought hardcopy from the Mac store.

Aaaand Torment? Better than all those? Yes, even Academy and Outcast. Although I preferred DF2:JK the most.

Some people say KotOR 2, done by Obsidian, surpasses the original.

System Shock 2 -does- surpass the original and is just superb.

You need to send me your address and phone number, yeah. Also post a pic of yourself wearing only a smile and six pounds of lanolin.

Mmmm. Lanolin.

This should be a pretty smooth transition and really, it is designed to simplify access to both forums and CDPR services across the boards.

You don't have to buy anything. You don't have to change much, if anything, (maybe pick a forum name from your two available). You never, ever have to log in to or even see any forums outside these, our beloved digital home. This will, quite probably, affect you barely at all.

And, tragically, I'm not a moderator over there at GoG, so, you know, it's obviously a lower-class place. Lacking in Me.

You don't need this Sard, I was going to send you the picture anyway. And all the data you need to take money from my bank account.

To GoG!

So, do gog pay you in actual money or do you just get store credit for shilling?

Aaaand Torment? Better than all those? Yes, even Academy and Outcast. Although I preferred DF2:JK the most.

Some people say KotOR 2, done by Obsidian, surpasses the original.

System Shock 2 -does- surpass the original and is just superb.
Yeah, unfortunately, KotOR 2 was never released for the Mac. I know, I've looked.

I have Planescape Torment, all Witcher games, all Neverwinter nights games (first came (hue hue) with Witcher 3), and other stuff.

Top Bottom