Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only made plans to not die until April, That's putting me in an embarassing position, thank you very much CDPR !!!!!

No seriously that's all for the better, all my support to this decision and you guys.

I hope it means they're planning on making the world very interactive. I get depressed when open-worlds have nothing to do or interact with, especially in city environments
At this point, the delay isn't to add any new features and probably no new content. They seemed concerned about getting what they already had done without issues. Would be unwise to try adding new things and then having to test on top of that as well. Your only hope for anything more will likely be updates and dlc

REDs, maybe some new video? Or at least some screenshots? Just to wipe the tears away? :sad:
My prediction is they will release the full Pacifica demo as a "sorry, hope you understand" type of "gift."

Or, at the very least, they will release some kind of new media in the near future.

If they don't and it's just another 5 months of silence, well...

If they don't and it's just another 5 months of silence, well...

If the delay is because last demo feedback we will not see it or anything new for a while.

I suspect E3 2020 will be where new marketing campaign will start.

Btw this is good example why you should never preorder anything so early - people that did this in last E3 because of Keanu CGI hype will be waiting 14 months.

Well. Disappointing.
Yea, I understand, it's complex and probably this game become the crown of the 2020 (not only the CP2020)...
But Guys, it's a still blatant, when show a great gameplay video at 2018, accelerate the hypetrain to ridiculous speed with Kenau Reeves in 2019, give a release date (waaaaaayyyy ahead)... then BAMM, 5 months of slip.

When the peoples are counting back and take their free days of work in April...
I know it's not easy, make no mistake. But still, it's not a nice step too... :(
Post automatically merged:

Might be for the better, besides the obvious game readiness since there's a chance I'll be doing my first Cp2077 run on a new gen Nvidia card. :D

I just got my RTX 2070 Super a week ago. Because the nVidia next-gen RTX card seems to be not coming before H2 of 2020, I think this would be a best bet at the release date of the CP2077. Yea. My bad luck...

For me that's fine, I hope they improve character customization (in the demonstration it seemed extremely limited/bad) and fix NPCs bugs/clones (y)

I wonder what's going to happen to all the merch, figures and books expected to be released april and may, probably delayed til September I'm assuming... would be cool if they kept the release dates on those tho :ohstopit:

Only to find out today that it's delayed after spending £400 on a top of the line model that will be a good £100 cheaper at least when Big Navi drops later this year.

This announcement came way too late and I'll be cancelling my order now purely on principle. If the game needed that much extra polish we should have been told much sooner than this, it would have been known.

And I doubt I'm the only one who bought hardware in anticipation either.

In all fairness, CDPR never disappointed us yet, so I believe that they have good reasons for delaying the game. Better to bring people a finished product and I do believe it will be excellent.

For the life of me I can't understand those that are crying how they'll cancel their preorders now. Seriously? You'll cancel a preorder or stop your support just to spite a company that's doing everything they can to bring you a good game? Funny.

Kinda weird since they waited for so long to reveal the release date in the first place presumably to avoid exactly this situation (again)... But if they gotta, they gotta.

Good afternoon, CD Projekt RED team. You moved the release date to fall 2020, but I'm afraid this will be my senior year and I will not be up to the game. Can you release the game earlier (in the Summer)? I really want to play Cyberpunk 2077 and already look forward to the taste of this great game! Thank you in advance for the game)

Thanks for the update (y)

Nice to see CDPR still prefer releasing a game without having to scramble to release a patch that fixes serious bugs that pops up within the first week or even hours after release.
I'm sure that will still happen. Even with 5 extra months of testing, they can't possible get to the scale of millions of people playing the game in different ways. That kind of stuff is pretty unavoidable if you ever want to release a game. Their speed in fixing the bugs is what's important. Stuff actually had to already be pretty bad for them to push back 5 months.

It is disappointing to see for sure. I really feel for the people that bought the HW to play in April and will now look at the new releases later on this year. I appreciate the attention to detail and am sure it will be worth the wait but if a lengthy 5 month delay was required we could have been notified sooner.

Looking forward to September!

Last edited:
I think the "world of cyberpunk" art book is gonna be delayed as well because of potential spoilers. As much as I'd like it released in April to make the wait easier , it wouldn't make sense to release it 5 months ahead of the game

You know what could be cool? If CDPR released the soundtrack early. Let us immerse ourselves in the dark sounds of the game until we can play it. What do you think, CDPR?

That isn't surprising at all. The marketing silence 3 months before release was an indication for a potential delay. I wouldn't be surprised if the game get's delayed again into early 2021 similar to Witcher 3. I agree with some people saying that the rather cold reception of the "deep dive" video could be a reason. After the first 45min gameplay demo everyone was really hyped but the latest gameplay was pretty underwhelming. In combination with all the other news about the game (no multiple apartments, no third perrson cutscenes, possible censorship etc.) my hype has died down completely so the delay isn't a big deal. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom