Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't. A delay makes the game inevitably better, while saying "you know what, pc/consoles gamers can have it now, the others need to wait" is just discriminating.
Not all delays makes game better, in fact it sometimes leads to cancellation of project. Also, consoles and PC's are not humans. PC won't say "It's suck that we're not getting a game first" or vice versa. If you meant gamers with "discrimination" however, still don't agree. It is a discrimination to PC gamers if they can get game early but will have to wait for consoles (or vice versa)

It is a discrimination to PC gamers if they can get game early but will have to wait for consoles (or vice versa)

Discrimination is when different people are not treated equally for some reason. Now you may understand 'equal' as 'everyone gets the game as sonn as it is ready for their platform' but believe me that most people will understand it as 'everyone gets the game when it is ready for everyone' which imho is less selfish point of view.

Discrimination is when different people are not treated equally for some reason. Now you may understand 'equal' as 'everyone gets the game as sonn as it is ready for their platform' but believe me that most people will understand it as 'everyone gets the game when it is ready for everyone' which imho is less selfish point of view.

I don't believe it would constitute discrimination either way. Not unless it was deliberately done to treat users for one platform unjustly. It's a good bet this would not be the case. After all, the game is being sold on those platforms. Typically shooting oneself in the foot is a poor choice.

It's probably fair to say the expectation is a release on all platforms at the same time. Speaking as both a console and PC owner, I wouldn't take issue with it either way. Provided low end, antiquated hardware is the reason for a delay. I don't think it's safe to assume this because an "insider" said so. If it is true I wouldn't fault CDPR for releasing the game on PC and holding the console release back. Nor would I fault them for delaying the PC release until the console release was ready. Each has pros and cons to it.

Plus, the precedent for consoles getting a short stick has been set in the past. If we're going to say doing so is discrimination... Let's just say I'd be curious what giving consoles the short stick and subsequently tearing it from their hands would be considered :).

I don't believe it would constitute discrimination either way. Not unless it was deliberately done to treat users for one platform unjustly.

I agree. There is a huge difference between willing to deliver something to all at once but not being able due to some circumstances and therefore deciding to split the process, and doing that deliberately without having any good reason.

It is a discrimination to PC gamers if they can get game early but will have to wait for consoles (or vice versa)

That is simply not true. As much of a PC master race I am. That is not how discrimination works.

But, however, it would be odd to say that one unnamed platform gets a release but others do not before that one gets it all done.

I would accept console release before PC. And there's a reason for it which should be obvious (consoles take care of bugs).
I would accept PC release before consoles, but I might question how things will change due to consoles when the patches come.

Like it or not console makers know their platforms are less capable then a typical PC (and just forget a "gaming" rig) and don't want their users to wonder why they bought a console instead of a PC. So in their contracts they require developers to NOT include graphics and NPC crowd sizes their consoles can't support in their PC releases.

This (and piss poor controls) is why we PC types typically dislike console ports, we know the games aren't utilizing the capabilities of our PCs. And why we complain about console limitations "nerfing" our games.

I'm sure we've all noticed that most games are released on console before PC (if not simultaneously), and this has the exact same reason. Contractual obligations with console makers. Never let the public know they're getting a watered down experience because of the inherent limitations of consoles ... it hurts console sales!!!!

As to CDPR and the delay for the XBox One ... I'd bet on contractual obligations with Microsoft being behind it. CDPR doesn't want to release a subpar game (well, any more then technically necessary) for non XBox players so needs more time to squeeze every milligram of capability out of the XBox.

Like it or not console makers know their platforms are less capable then a typical PC (and just forget a "gaming" rig) and don't want their users to wonder why they bought a console instead of a PC. So in their contracts they require developers to NOT include graphics and NPC crowd sizes their consoles can't support in their PC releases.

This (and piss poor controls) is why we PC types typically dislike console ports, we know the games aren't utilizing the capabilities of our PCs. And why we complain about console limitations "nerfing" our games.

I'm sure we've all noticed that most games are released on console before PC (if not simultaneously),
This is totally false and easily proved by simply looking at any high/ultra setting compared to graphics or NPC count on console. Any console. Since at least 10 years.
It's digital foundry success.

Also, the vast majority of games has a simultaneous release on all platforms (except Nintendo switch), only few games are exclusive for Sony and the reason is: Sony makes those games.
Very few games arrive later on pc and yes, it's because Sony pays as epic does Vs Steam.
On the contrary plenty of games arrive later on consoles (IE disco elisium, divinity OS, pillars of eternity 1&2)) not to mention the gazillion of indie (and scam games) who stay on Steam and never get out.
That's the case for companies who can't afford to develop too many versions simultaneously.

Like it or not console makers know their platforms are less capable then a typical PC (and just forget a "gaming" rig) and don't want their users to wonder why they bought a console instead of a PC.

Quick question..... Do you mind giving me an example of a $300-500 personal computing device in a bigger box capable of pushing graphical fidelity and performance in games?

CDPR doesn't want to release a subpar game (well, any more then technically necessary) for non XBox players so needs more time to squeeze every milligram of capability out of the XBox.

Another question.... Wouldn't a game developer building their game in an efficient manner be a good thing?

Quick question..... Do you mind giving me an example of a $300-500 personal computing device in a bigger box capable of pushing graphical fidelity and performance in games?
I said "typical", $600-$1,000 not bargain basement.
And let's not forget a PC can do a lot more things (like run Excel, Word, TurboTax, etc.) then a console.

Another question.... Wouldn't a game developer building their game in an efficient manner be a good thing?
Efficient for one platform is typically inefficient for others due to hardware/core software differences.

Last edited:
So, apparently CDProjekt RED will be present at the Taipei Game Show next week, where they will show yet ANOTHER demo behind closed doors.

I am really getting sick of us being left out like this, especially given the disappointing news of the game being delayed until September.

Why should only a small group of hand-picked individuals be privileged with these “advance screenings” and not the general public? To me, it sounds like the developers are afraid people are going to react badly and cancel their pre-orders after seeing the full demos and not just 15-minute “deep-dive” supercuts.

As it stands, watching the first 48-minute demo was the apex of my enthusiasm towards CP2077. It’s been nothing but downhill for me since then.

Because the general public doesn't understand the big "Work in Progress" that runs across the top of the screen and panics at the sight of a placeholder texture or half-finished animations.

With only 8 months till release now, looking how REDs are afraid to show some details to community makes me worry. Worry that I'll have to wait for the final patch to be released to get the big "Work in Progress" disappear from my screen xD

Because the general public doesn't understand the big "Work in Progress" that runs across the top of the screen and panics at the sight of a placeholder texture or half-finished animations.

Do not underestimate the general public, the majority understand very well what "Work in Progress" means.
Those who complain are a minority, and they are everywhere, even among journalists.

Actually, a video isn't even needed as long as we can have informations that doesn't leave place to interpretation.
Right now I'm still unsure if
the PoV will stay FPP
because "Everything is subject to changes."

I'm sure we've all noticed that most games are released on console before PC (if not simultaneously), and this has the exact same reason. Contractual obligations with console makers. Never let the public know they're getting a watered down experience because of the inherent limitations of consoles ... it hurts console sales!!!!

As to CDPR and the delay for the XBox One ... I'd bet on contractual obligations with Microsoft being behind it. CDPR doesn't want to release a subpar game (well, any more then technically necessary) for non XBox players so needs more time to squeeze every milligram of capability out of the XBox.

Current consoles less capable than a typical pc? Really?
Post automatically merged:

So, apparently CDProjekt RED will be present at the Taipei Game Show next week, where they will show yet ANOTHER demo behind closed doors.

I am really getting sick of us being left out like this, especially given the disappointing news of the game being delayed until September.

Why should only a small group of hand-picked individuals be privileged with these “advance screenings” and not the general public? To me, it sounds like the developers are afraid people are going to react badly and cancel their pre-orders after seeing the full demos and not just 15-minute “deep-dive” supercuts.

As it stands, watching the first 48-minute demo was the apex of my enthusiasm towards CP2077. It’s been nothing but downhill for me since then.

Do we know if it's pacifica or new gameplay?

Last edited:
Do we know if it's pacifica or new gameplay?

It will apparently be completely new gameplay that has never been shown outside the studio before!

How is this fair to the general public who are already invested in CP2077 via pre-orders? (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom