Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will apparently be completely new gameplay that has never been shown outside the studio before!

How is this fair to the general public who are already invested in CP2077 via pre-orders? (n)
At a minimum, it doesn't seem to be compatible with the notion that the delay is just for bug fixing and tweaking. Seems to be more going on.

It will apparently be completely new gameplay that has never been shown outside the studio before!

How is this fair to the general public who are already invested in CP2077 via pre-orders? (n)

You can cancel your preorder at any time, from now until release, at no cost. That's not an investment in any way. A preorder is a vote of confidence ( and convenience for those of us who have busy lives and occasionally miss release dates) in the company.

Marketing isn't really about fairness - there is a lot of money in play here and the marketing is being done a certain way. I'd like to see the footage too, but that's not the case.

You pay for a game and you will get the game. That's as fair as can be.

Marketing isn't really about fairness - there is a lot of money in play here and the marketing is being done a certain way. I'd like to see the footage too, but that's not the case.

You pay for a game and you will get the game. That's as fair as can be.

The CDProjekt RED that gained my trust in the past would never have treated its fanbase with such a shameless lack of transparency. They were rebels that openly campaigned against these scummy corporate policies that did not ultimately favour us, their supporters and - let’s say it like it is - their customers.

Unfortunately, the CDProjekt RED of today is nothing like those rebels I once loved to root for. Success has turned them into the very money-hungry corpos that they are now trying to vilify in CP2077. How ironic then that a simulation about disrupting a dystopic society is being created by a group that now appears to have fully embraced its core operating tenets.

Having realised that, my time here has to come to an end. I can no longer support what is going on in good conscience.

Last edited:
"Cyberpunk 2077 bringing new content at taipei game show" Titles like that say otherwise also "According to VG247, the developers for Cyberpunk 2077 will be revealing new details and content for the game that hasn't be revealed before at the Taipei Game Show on February 6" this also sound like they show something totally new that we didin't see before.

1580287390872.png

1580287409566.png

1580287430485.png

1580287457974.png

Well? As far as I'm concerned the word of the community manager counts way more than some gaming news website.

I'm also excited for the RTX and DLSS Implementation, hopefully ready at launch and optimized well thanks to the delay.

I hope general optimization for PC is good as well.

Last edited:
Gotta say it's a bit concerning we didn't get a proper more or less finalized unedited gameplay demo. Only half a year till the (current) release date. Witcher 3 already had a couple of legit demos by this point. Granted this game seems to be far more ambitious but....

I don't want to nag the devs or act entitled like they owes us (FANS!) something, I'd rather have them finish the game in peace. I just hope everything goes well with the game and we won't have any nasty surprises.

The CDProjekt RED that gained my trust in the past would never have treated its fanbase with such a shameless lack of transparency. They were rebels that openly campaigned against these scummy corporate policies that did not ultimately favour us, their supporters and - let’s say it like it is - their customers.

Unfortunately, the CDProjekt RED of today is nothing like those rebels I once loved to root for. Success has turned them into the very money-hungry corpos that they are now trying to vilify in CP2077. How ironic then that a simulation about disrupting a dystopic society is being created by a group that now appears to have fully embraced its core operating tenets.

Having realised that, my time here has to come to an end. I can no longer support what is going on in good conscience.

So... The Devs postpone the game, to make it better. Instead of releasing unfinished product as it is all too common nowadays. So you call them greedy corporates and stuff.
That's very adult :)

Gotta say it's a bit concerning we didn't get a proper more or less finalized unedited gameplay demo. Only half a year till the (current) release date. Witcher 3 already had a couple of legit demos by this point. Granted this game seems to be far more ambitious but....

I don't want to nag the devs or act entitled like they owes us (FANS!) something, I'd rather have them finish the game in peace. I just hope everything goes well with the game and we won't have any nasty surprises.
I think that's exactly why we're not seeing any demos or big gameplay reveals - CDPR may simply be too preoccupied with the development and polishing the game to its finest, which kinda shortens the resources they can put to demos and presentations and stuff.

I'm pretty cool with the delay anyway. I've been waiting for this game since the first teaser, so knowing the release date has set me to the absolutely insanely happy gamer state since E3 2019. Considering DOOM ETERNAL release on March 20, I'm even more okay with the delay.

^ Yup!

Developing a demo takes time. (Lots of it sometimes.) Very often, unfinished things need placeholders to be created to fill in gaps for art assets...parts of the code need to be specifically re/written to ensure that part of the game can move forward even though it's not ready..."filming" may require playthrough after playthrough if things don't go smoothly or glitches appear...

And all of that is time not being spent on the actual development. Sometimes, it makes additional work for people, because they'll then need to go back and undo things that were done for the demo in order to continue developing the actual game. I'm assuming the devs are very eager to meet the new release date.

I really don't expect a new demo anymore. 2-3 trailers before release. Story/world/cinematic.

And of course new screenshots and interviews the closer we get to september.

I noticed today that either CDPR gave us the old release date 16/04/2020 at the beginning of the 48min demo or they made the release date based on it.
At the beginning of the demo the elevator doors opened and you see a date (Tuesday 13/04/2077) then in V's apartment they wrote (3 days later). so the date now is 16/04/2077 . The same date it was supposed to be released in.
I know it's too late and stuff but just liked to mention the awesomeness of CDPR and their attention to details. Can't wait to dive in Night-City.
Cheers

I noticed today that either CDPR gave us the old release date 16/04/2020 at the beginning of the 48min demo or they made the release date based on it.
It was actually 13/4/2020 at the start of the demo ... but the "3 days later" portion (the last 35+ minutes) would have been on 16/4/2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom