IMPORTANT PRODUCTION UPDATE

+
they had a whole year, so many days, so many oppuurtunites to "make this right". I dont think CDPR deserve any more chances
I agree .
Post automatically merged:

I don't think they should be allowed to focus on any other games until they fix the current broken game
Post automatically merged:

And they have already received the majority of the income they are going to get. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.

My ”dream Cyberpunk RPG” would actually have ASCII-like graphics and a textbox to describe what happens around the character, and a really good sound design and score. With huge emphasis on RPG systems and interactivity, narrative forking and choice&consequence and cause&effect.

That might sound overkill, but I firmly believe that tickling the players imagination rather than showing everything in the highest possible detail like the developers imagined it leads to a more engaging experience in games like RPG’s that focus on storytelling interactivity and character developement/growth.

The ”show, don’t tell” mantra is in my view skewed because you can never show ”well enough” (as can be seen on the ever growing emphasis on better graphical presentation) and because showing can never match the view on the mind’s eye that comes from a simple description.

But this is beside the threads topic.

When it comes to character detail, once you can accurately portray subtle facial expressions and body language, everything after that is superfluous.

When it comes to environment, developers have completely forgotten what reality looks like. Things are over-saturated and light-shafts are completely unrealistic to the point that I have to question if these people have ever even seen actual sunlight. Everything looks like it's filtered through a lens, that's NOT realistic.

No one just puts their stupid camera phones down anymore and just LOOKS at the world. It's ridiculous. Yes, the human eye is a very bad optical organ but a game made to look as if you're looking through a lens instead of an actual eye will always look "wrong" because that's not what you actually SEE when you go outside.

I'm going to keep asking because this is their official announcement thread....

Can CDPR please give its fans and paying customers like... total clarity on what the W3 update actually entails? Please? No, seriously.

You announced the next gen effort in September 2020 and realistically just told us it won't arrive until June 2022. Is it just an official release of low-hanging graphical boosts and some cosmetic DLCs? Because I'll tell you what. If there's a significant overhaul that you're trying to nail, I'll be patient. I'll worship at the altar of your awesomeness and prudence for delaying the release. But if you deliver changes that are 80-90% accessible with mods, I wouldn't expect people who have been invested in next gen for almost 2 years to say 'Thank you.'

Whether you intended anything to be a surprise in this release or not, please have some consideration for the people you've just let down and spell out what it is we're supposed to be holding out for.

Mooders are great at making the gameplay better and redoing models and textures, but story content? Yeah, no.

A perfect example of this is the mod for Fallout NV that is supposed to be this huge story mod and it's just complete nonsensical garbage.

You have to read reviews to pick out the good ones, exactly like professional story tellers, some amateurs are good and some are, well not so good.

Here is a STORY MOD so good that many people believe it may have been mmmm... "borrowed" and put into FALLOUT4 as DLC by the DEV:

Last edited:
Here is an idea. Just let the modding community create mods for these games that will expand the story. If it weren't for the modders doing this for Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I would have quit playing those games a long time ago.
I suspect that's part of the plan. Maybe not specifically to expand the story, but to provide capability to fundamentally expand and alter gameplay, at least for the PC. At least that's my hope, and I think it's why the Redkit folks were brought on officially as part of the team.

I suspect that's part of the plan. Maybe not specifically to expand the story, but to provide capability to fundamentally expand and alter gameplay, at least for the PC. At least that's my hope, and I think it's why the Redkit folks were brought on officially as part of the team.

My biggest hope is that they allow modders to fix the ATROCIOUS char creator for them, and allow re-edit post creation. I know for a fact that there is a huge chunk of people out there from MMOs that lose interest in a game immediately if they can't create the char they want, even in a FPS game. The fact that they know it's there is enough.

Game devs just don't get this, so they half-ass the creator.

My biggest hope is that they allow modders to fix the ATROCIOUS char creator for them, and allow re-edit post creation. I know for a fact that there is a huge chunk of people out there from MMOs that lose interest in a game immediately if they can't create the char they want, even in a FPS game. The fact that they know it's there is enough.

Game devs just don't get this, so they half-ass the creator.
As a mod author, I'd rather they fix it themselves, honestly. Making mods is already an enormous (and unpaid) time sink as it is.

Matthew 9:9-17
Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.

As a mod author, I'd rather they fix it themselves, honestly. Making mods is already an enormous (and unpaid) time sink as it is.

Of course that would be better, but looking at the current char creator from a technical standpoint? King wish they would outsource it. I've seen some bad char creators, but this abomination is on a league of it's own.

To be honest I'm happy. We KNOW the launch of Cyberpunk was rushed by as much of a year. if everything following that would again be on schedule then there's A) a GIANT issue in their planning room or B) People would have worked a physically impossible amount of time on the project or C) A giant retreading.
I discard A and B as most plausible. Simple reason: you can't 'all of a sudden' be in first place in a race if you've been behind ever since the beginning. So I much, MUCH rather see them honest about it and delay if needed.
Its like @Spockprime said: Its ready when its ready, something we should heed more often.

I thought Cyberpunk would be moved to 2022. But the Witcher for 2022? No. Let's wait. Don't put pressure on the developers.

However, it is quite possible. It is necessary to re-register the management, adjust the graphics, add several swords and armor and, perhaps, even a quest.

Yes, it would be nice to update Witcher at the premiere of the series to raise the trump card. Let's limit ourselves to what we have, because the whole team is working on CyberPunk 2077.

First get Cyberpunk fix then worry about making The Witcher 3 prettier. You cannot live off the Witcher 3 forever.

Making the game prettier does not change anything. It will be like Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Yes, It made the first game look prettier and play smoother, but it does not change the ending of Mass Effect 3. It still has the same ending back in 2012 which it has the multiplayer sew into it at that time. I only brought it because ME3 DLC's 'not including character DLC.' I have done the Omega DLC before I stopped playing the game because of burnout.

Got a bit of side tracked, consider what you're going to do next. There will be a time six years from now when you release the next game that you build from a clean slate and release the game, players will think twice buying the game because what happened to Cyberpunk six years ago.

Cyberpunk is a gem of a game being held back by the errors of your way.

First get Cyberpunk fix then worry about making The Witcher 3 prettier. You cannot live off the Witcher 3 forever.

Making the game prettier does not change anything. It will be like Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Yes, It made the first game look prettier and play smoother, but it does not change the ending of Mass Effect 3. It still has the same ending back in 2012 which it has the multiplayer sew into it at that time. I only brought it because ME3 DLC's 'not including character DLC.' I have done the Omega DLC before I stopped playing the game because of burnout.

Got a bit of side tracked, consider what you're going to do next. There will be a time six years from now when you release the next game that you build from a clean slate and release the game, players will think twice buying the game because what happened to Cyberpunk six years ago.

Cyberpunk is a gem of a game being held back by the errors of your way.

Why would they focus on fixing Cyberpunk when almost no one is playing it anymore, talking about it anymore nor cares anymore?

Fixing the game isn't going to fix their reputation or make huge amounts of people buy it cause everyone already did, they made their money from it whereas Witcher 3 it still selling and will see a huge number again once the next seasons of the Netflix show comes out.

If you wanna understand CDPR, stop thinking like a customer and start thinking like a businessman. There's twice as many people playing Witcher 3 than there is Cyberpunk on Steam. TWICE.

People got burned, they ain't coming back, no matter what they do.

Why would they focus on fixing Cyberpunk when almost no one is playing it anymore, talking about it anymore nor cares anymore?
With 5K views, 116 comments in just a few days for this thread and knowing that most gamers/players only visit the official website and don't care about the forum, it's pretty amazing for a game that everyone doesn't care about :)

And with average 6-10K players by day only on Steam (with GOG, Epic, Xbox and Playstation, I think we can largely double this number), almost one years after the release, with no major content added since, with no official mod support/tools and no "free roaming" after you finishing the story line, it's not that bad...

But it's just my opinion :D

With 5K views, 116 comments in just a few days for this thread and knowing that most gamers/players only visit the official website and don't care about the forum, it's pretty amazing for a game that everyone doesn't care about :)

And with average 6-10K players by day only on Steam (with GOG, Epic, Xbox and Playstation, I think we can largely double this number), almost one years after the release, with no major content added since, with no official mod support/tools and no "free roaming" after you finishing the story line, it's not that bad...

And don't forget about suspiciously high amount of salty haters almost year after release. This game is "so insignificant", but still so many can't just move on already with their lives.

Out of the 13 million sales, those numbers aren't that impressive :LOL:

But yeah, no mod support or tools even a year later .. wtf is happening with that, such a long time! :shrug:

But heck, that too is just my opinion.

Top Bottom