[IMPORTANT TIP] Crafting Clothes (semi-spoilery maybe?)

+
Hey Everyone,

I just finished a playthrough with 123 hours. I completed, well, everything. Ok, I did not buy all the vehicles, but I got the Akira motorcycle, so what else matters? Anyhow, my stash is full of all weapons (including the
secret shotgun
). Now, as I wander around with hundreds of thousands of eddies in my pocket, I have discovered an important fact about clothing vendors.

I know what you are thinking: "Yes, I know they only have legendary crafts on the first visit", but the truth is actually MUCH more insidious. Because here are the rules:
  1. Each clothing vendor only has a chance to spawn one or more legendary crafting recipes the first time you visit.
  2. Each clothing vendor may have multiple legendary crafting recipies
  3. Each clothing vendor can sell them all at once if you get a good random spawn
Similarly to loot in chests (e.g. if you save before you loot a chest, and the item is legendary with only one slot, you can reload your save and maybe it will be epic, or maybe it will be legendary will full slots, etc. -- keep trying), you can do the same with clothing vendors. Before you go in their store, you should save your game. Then, when you go to talk to them, make note of what legendary crafts are available. Also, if you like what you see, save the game. Then, reload from before you entered the store. Keep trying a few times. You might see that sometimes they have 4 or 5 legendary crafts available, and you can then buy them all at once. It can take a few tries, but eventually you can get a spawn where the vendor offers you their entire list of legendary crafts available at that location.

In my opinion, this system is extremely poorly-conceived. Now, if there is a bug and they are supposed to shuffle these recipes whenever you come back to a vendor later, I would understand. I hope they fix it in the future. In the meantime, I recommend you do not visit ANY clothing vendors until you have high enough crafting to receive legendary recipes and have enough money to purchase them. I also recommend you save your game before you talk to any clothing vendor.

Every day there's a new post on here to let you know the game is even worse than you thought it was before. I'm done being surprised, what feature in this game isn't poorly conceived at this point?

Hey Everyone,

I just finished a playthrough with 123 hours. I completed, well, everything. Ok, I did not buy all the vehicles, but I got the Akira motorcycle, so what else matters? Anyhow, my stash is full of all weapons (including the
secret shotgun
). Now, as I wander around with hundreds of thousands of eddies in my pocket, I have discovered an important fact about clothing vendors.

I know what you are thinking: "Yes, I know they only have legendary crafts on the first visit", but the truth is actually MUCH more insidious. Because here are the rules:
  1. Each clothing vendor only has a chance to spawn one or more legendary crafting recipes the first time you visit.
  2. Each clothing vendor may have multiple legendary crafting recipies
  3. Each clothing vendor can sell them all at once if you get a good random spawn
Similarly to loot in chests (e.g. if you save before you loot a chest, and the item is legendary with only one slot, you can reload your save and maybe it will be epic, or maybe it will be legendary will full slots, etc. -- keep trying), you can do the same with clothing vendors. Before you go in their store, you should save your game. Then, when you go to talk to them, make note of what legendary crafts are available. Also, if you like what you see, save the game. Then, reload from before you entered the store. Keep trying a few times. You might see that sometimes they have 4 or 5 legendary crafts available, and you can then buy them all at once. It can take a few tries, but eventually you can get a spawn where the vendor offers you their entire list of legendary crafts available at that location.

In my opinion, this system is extremely poorly-conceived. Now, if there is a bug and they are supposed to shuffle these recipes whenever you come back to a vendor later, I would understand. I hope they fix it in the future. In the meantime, I recommend you do not visit ANY clothing vendors until you have high enough crafting to receive legendary recipes and have enough money to purchase them. I also recommend you save your game before you talk to any clothing vendor.

Let me get this straight. This basically means you can visit said vendors and if they happen to not have a legendary crafting recipe you locked yourself out of that vendor's (or all if you visit them all early on) chance to ever get a legendary recipe?

Did i understand that correctly? If the answer is yes this is the dumbest loot system i have ever seen in my 30 years of gaming. If the answer is no it doesn't sound much better either because i would have to reload or skip days by alot to get the chance of even seeing said crafting recipe.

God who thought of this system as a good idea?

Top Bottom