Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I don't see what's wrong with the second point. The Witcher 3 preview build was also tested by the media four months before release.

Media so far see game 2 times this will be 3rd time, and we see it 1 time, it is little shity to be honest.

Media so far see game 2 times this will be 3rd time, and we see it 1 time, it is little shity to be honest.
This is a hands on session, so of course only media get to play the game. That's a standard practice. It would always happen couple of months before release even without delay.

I also need to remind everyone that in case of The Witcher 3 the media saw three different gameplay showcases, not counting hands on sessions, and everyone else got only a single one and not even an abridged version of the other ones, so in that way I would say it's a progress.

What progress ???? we only see first gameplay thanks to that leak audio that happened after 2018 E3, if that didn't happen CDPR probably would not give us any gameplay, and again later media and youtubers see full gameplay and CDPR promise too show it to use later, and what we get short bad edited version.

Game is in development for 8 years, with little too no info or solid gameplay, and yes even if full production still didn't happen till they finish Witcher 3, a lot of work had to be done with CP2077 too.

Also you can't blame fans for this, saying they are blame for delay, CDPR said last year game is done, all is ready and it coming out April 2020, then they said we need more time, again game is fully done all is ready, we just fixing bugs and polishing, game is coming 100% in September, and now again they say same thing game is fully done all is ready quest/skill/event...........all is there we just need to fix bugs and polishing game.

Can wait until 19th of November for the new annoucement about the game being delayed again to early 2021,
this is what we can expect now , omg.

Well remember, they announce it 91 days before the release date, so we should be on the lookout for August 20th

Sounds like CDPR is not confident in their new game so much they're not even sure in November as a release date.
The interest in next-gen stuff p. much confirms in my version of delay being a marketing decision.

What progress ????
I was making a joke about the fact that they have shown more gameplay footage to the public before hands ons then in case of The Witcher 3. That's all.

we only see first gameplay thanks to that leak audio that happened after 2018 E3, if that didn't happen CDPR probably would not give us any gameplay
Now that's just plain wrong. The release date of the gameplay footage was included in the E3 trailer, so it was already planned by that point. Audio leaks were happening all the time with their presentations and it never served as an incentive to release this particular footage to the public.

Game is in development for 8 years, with little too no info or solid gameplay, and yes even if full production still didn't happen till they finish Witcher 3, a lot of work had to be done with CP2077 too.
Conceptual work and for around year and a half the game wasn't being developed at all, due to the increased focus on The Witcher 3. Plus usually they focus most of their marketing efforts on the last months before release and it's no different with Cyberpunk, as they said a long time ago. We will be getting a lot more of substantial info in the upcoming days anyway alongside a new gameplay showcase.

Also you can't blame fans for this, saying they are blame for delay,
I did? Where?

CDPR said last year game is done, all is ready and it coming out April 2020, then they said we need more time, again game is fully done all is ready, we just fixing bugs and polishing, game is coming 100% in September, and now again they say same thing game is fully done all is ready quest/skill/event...........all is there we just need to fix bugs and polishing game.
Again, The Witcher 3 was already content complete by Autumn 2014, yet they needed an another half a year or so for extra playtesting and bug fixing, so spending so much time on polishing already complete game is nothing extraordinary, especially with the recent complications.

Sounds like CDPR is not confident in their new game so much they're not even sure in November as a release date.
The interest in next-gen stuff p. much confirms in my version of delay being a marketing decision.
You realise you just posted two contradictory statements?

Right so i get games get delayed. But even though its only pushed back a month why did i get an email telling me i have had my pre order cancelled and i got a refund when i havent gotten a refund and the game is removed from my pre order status??

I'm more interested in the fact that we'll "be able to judge the game through the eyes of the journalists who are playing the game after night city wire" which seems a confirmation of the fact that night city wire is another useless highly edited video.

Also, we'll READ previews, and this confirms that they won't be able to stream their footage. At least their playing whatever they want from the beginning and not a limited demo (if not in time).

Last edited:
Yeah i am also 100% sure we again won't see any gameplay or as you say highly edited video that is totally useless.

Read previews, words are cheap, gameplay is much better than any previews any game media can make.

I'm more interested in the fact that we'll "be able to judge the game through the eyes of the journalists who are playing the game after night city wire" which seems a confirmation of the fact that night city wire is another useless highly edited video.

Also, we'll READ previews, and this confirms that they won't be able to stream their footage. At least their playing whatever they want from the beginning and not a limited demo (if not in time).
I think it'll be mixed. Some written previews and others using captured footage from the demo.

Plus, I think they're more hesitant to show things because they don't want to spoil the game.

Plus, I think they're more hesitant to show things because they don't want to spoil the game.

How showing some part of game is spoiler? you don't know full content of event that happening, they can also show some random quest and not worry about spoiler.

Also they alone spoiled part of game plot when they told how you can see Johnny Silverhand.

That's why they showed us a cgi trailer of dex's betrayal and then placide's betrayal in the deep dive video? Why do we know about the immortality chip and silverhand at all?
They just don't want to show the game's flaws like gunplay, driving, and the highly criticized bullet sponges. Why do you think they've been refusing to comment about bullet sponges so firmly for 2 years? That won't spoil the story...

Also, the CEO was clear about previews: just written stuff, as expected.

Last edited:

Omg I think you're right...

Why CDPR? WHY??? Why does everything have to be behind closed doors now? E3 2018 was so good and generated so much hype because they released uncut footage and not this exclusionary bullshit. They're basically taunting us by letting journalists play a demo and describing it to us in detail. Stop treating us fans like 2nd class citizens.

I wouldn't take that quote literally or as confirmation of anything, especially considering that Adam Kiciński is not a native English speaker, so there is no point in picking any sort of subtleties in what he says, through that he simply communicates that we will soon get media impressions on the game, which will give us better idea of how it feels and how it plays (which not always can be properly captured via the video). As for the gameplay recordings, polish Youtuber Rojo said some time ago that he will be able to record gameplay footage and so far I don't see any reason to believe that anything changed about that since then. Of course, there is a possibility that gameplay footage recorded by media might be released at the later date then written impressions.

I wouldn't take that quote literally or as confirmation of anything, especially considering that Adam Kiciński is not a native English speaker, so there is no point in picking any sort of subtleties in what he says, through that he simply communicates that we will soon get media impressions on the game, which will give us better idea of how it feels and how it plays (which not always can be properly captured via the video). As for the gameplay recordings, polish Youtuber Rojo said some time ago that he will be able to record gameplay footage and so far I don't see any reason to believe that anything changed about that since then. Of course, there is a possibility that gameplay footage recorded by media might be released at the later date then written impressions.
He sounds pretty good at english. Anyway, we'll see on thursday. I hope late afternoon is around 7-8 pm so that I can watch it live. IIRC last 2 videos were broadcasted around that time?

You realise you just posted two contradictory statements?
They won't be when i add that I presume there's big drama unfolding right now behind closed doors at CDPR that enforces this uncertainity and bug fixing is the least of their concerns since they went down from "PS4 doesn't carry" to "Our collisions are a bit off here and here" real fast.

Last edited:
They won't be when if add that I presume there's big drama unfolding right now behind closed doors at CDPR that enforces this uncertainity.
Or perhaps that "uncertainty" comes simply from the fact that they already delayed the game second time after they stated with certainty there won't be any delays, so now they didn't feel like making any hard declarations, since they learned that unexpected things might always happen, and instead settled on "We are not planning any further delays".

Top Bottom