Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I am gutted that we have to wait a little longer but it is just that a little longer.
Plus I know that members of my company have been impacted by the pandemic; including those that have had the virus and people losing family members. I am sure that CD Projek Red have had the same impact and this will have had an impact to the development team. A bit of compassion wouldn't go a miss from some people writing frankly horrible comments on some of their social media channels and other affiliated groups. I am sure we will get one of the best games of the year and perhaps generation. A bit more development and fine tuning will only help.

Well, shoot even the September date was kind of iffy for me with my health and it's rate of decline. Was hoping to finally get to see something I've been following for years but since I've been on barrowed time for last 6 months it's likely I'm not going to see it (Sad Panda). Oh well I guess.

I think that would be really really bad :D after all one more long delay would totally destroy trust people have in CDPR.

Also even more insulting toward people who wait for CP2077, since for some time CDPR say that game is 100% done finish.

That's why they showed us a cgi trailer of dex's betrayal and then placide's betrayal in the deep dive video? Why do we know about the immortality chip and silverhand at all?
They just don't want to show the game's flaws like gunplay, driving, and the highly criticized bullet sponges. Why do you think they've been refusing to comment about bullet sponges so firmly for 2 years? That won't spoil the story...

Also, the CEO was clear about previews: just written stuff, as expected.
My man, you've nailed it. Didn't even forget the preview format part.
Gameplay is definitely the most concerning part for both devs and us the actual players. Developers want to take the easy path of building upon Witcher 3 because it was succesful and the audience wants to play a different game, not cybergeralt.

Who cares I gave mine 2 years old PS4 to my sister and bought new one , created new PSN account, bought Witcher 3 complete edition again and started my 8 playthrough.

I would have been pissed if it was for next year... but still, overall it's now from april to november, which now gives a 7 month report from the initial release date. there's still room for more heartbreak, because we'll handle it: it's just a game. and what a damn fine game it seems to be...

He sounds pretty good at english. Anyway, we'll see on thursday. I hope late afternoon is around 7-8 pm so that I can watch it live. IIRC last 2 videos were broadcasted around that time?
Yeah they're almost always somewhere between 6-8 pm CET. Any earlier than that and it's too early for PST viewers.

Hope this is the last time the game is getting delayed. We'll know for sure in the 90 day mark in the countdown.

Yeah they're almost always somewhere between 6-8 pm CET.
8 PM sounds about fine, great even. Just in time to return home after work and slip into something comfortable.
Or perhaps that "uncertainty" comes simply from the fact that they already delayed the game second time after they stated with certainty there won't be any delays, so now they didn't feel like making any hard declarations, since they learned that unexpected things might always happen, and instead settled on "We are not planning any further delays".
Nah, there's definitely something HAPPENING behind closed doors. Prolly conflict of interests between writers who are content with releasing FPS variant of Witcher 3 and designers reaching for the best instead made the ambitious title a nightmare to work with. CP2077 development cycle is followed by bad luck and procastination, shelved in favor of another game not everyone was happy working on because those were hired to work on Cyberpunk, going back by restarting on different conditions with greatly more difficult gamedesign document. First, no I'm not butthurt about release date moved to Novemeber personally, I'm taking vacation that month after all. Postponing is nothing brand new and amazing in the entertaiment industry... Not when you postpone your game five months and then postpone it again, while being way off reaching that deadline, two times. This only happens to titles in development hell like Final Fantasy XV and Duke Nukem Forever (most absurd case of developers swimming in budget for their dream game, do you know who also currently swims in cash and burns budget on extended polishing?). Even Night City Wire being postponed is dubious. CDPR told us the bad news on June 2nd, winning great 23 days of time in total, to 25th. They said it's because of political protests. No way they knew what's gonna happen. Sony didn't know about protests and postponed their event from June 4th to 11th during all this BLM activity. I'm sure this is because they're not yet ready for us to witness the game is not finished at all because we were told otherwise and will take jank gameplay seriously. Yes journos are playing a small portion of the game during the polished first hours, well they know everything is still subject to change and probably won't go against CDPR by criticizing the game too much.
Second. REDs I'm sure as hell read the forum through and through after publishing both 2018 and 2019 gameplay videos, the gameplay itself left mixed impressions and alot of critique both times. At least one group is not content with making cybergeralt 2077, a game just with compelling story and lite gameplay, which is comfort zone for writers which are treated as first class workers (or so I read up somewhere at glassdoor). Yet, founders are big fans of original PnP so they couldn't just stay in the comfort zone. And so they aimed to the stars - open world Deus Ex-like game with huge variety and working rpg system. Or 3d fallouts but with actually good gameplay and fun to use cyberware. Thing is, Deus Ex is mission-based title with hubs and not open-world, makes it easier to polish every single map and keep in mind for all possible gameplay styles. And Fallout 4 is... No, I don't want to get banned over insulting someone I don't even know by saying what this game deserves. Anyway, the point is, everything that was shown, told or hidden regarding gameplay mechancs so far, lies like a dead weight in a game either unimplemented or in ruins altogether (RPG system). Cyberpunk 2077 is STILL not finished at all, only cool story pieces. They're trying to match with reality and reduced scale those ideas that at least have a working script, cut down on others, forget that the rest existed as a cool idea, repair once again broken mechanics, fix broken or unsuitable for at least three playstyles maps, retest everything again. Not fixing small insignificant bugs like incorrect lighting on issue with ghosts of street lights, methinks. Building together the mess. Same ill fate as The Witcher 3 that was p. barebones regarding actual gameplay.

Last edited:
If all that is true, then it is only CDPR fault, they should know what they can do and they know what limits this gen console have, they didn't need to try and build open world bigger then witcher 3, for example if this gen console can't handle that, or adding billion of npc and so on.

They should not have give first release date and open pre-orders, let alone move it one more time after first delay, they told us both time that release date is 100% sure.

They probably know all this delayed and lack of real info's piss people off, and one time you lose gamers trust it is hard to get it back, we still don't know any real info about rpg system or even about system requiermant?

If all that is true, then it is only CDPR fault, they should know what they can do and they know what limits this gen console have, they didn't need to try and build open world bigger then witcher 3, for example if this gen console can't handle that, or adding billion of npc and so on.

They should not have give first release date and open pre-orders, let alone move it one more time after first delay, they told us both time that release date is 100% sure.

They probably know all this delayed and lack of real info's piss people off, and one time you lose gamers trust it is hard to get it back, we still don't know any real info about rpg system or even about system requiermant?
1. Who cares about consoles, PC is the way to play this game.
2. The release dates have not been 100% sure, also something happened this year.
3. You probably need a 2080Ti to run it at maximum settings 1440p, or maybe even 4K.

Nah, there's definitely something HAPPENING behind closed doors.

Anything asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

But let's go through the list anyways;

First, CDPR began developing CP2077 after they finished with Witcher 3. They were upfront about that to the public, no drama could have been extracted from that. [edit]: Going through the timeline, the earliest recruitment drives by CDPR that mention Cyberpunk 2077 that I could find, begin June last year. Months after the release of Blood and Wine.

Second, George Floyd BLM protests began in May. A week before the decision to postpone NCW. There was a BLM protest in Tokyo on May 30th, so Sony would have definitely been aware as well. Not to mention that organizers were setting up protests in Europe in early June.

Third, an open world map is really just a very, very big hubmap anyways. So that's not a reasonable hurdle. And no, XBOne is not a limiting factor there. Wild Hunt released on XBOne, which means that the devs know the limits of that system already.

Fourth, the game being unfinished. This is pure assertion from a standpoint of zero knowledge.

Last edited:
1. Who cares about consoles, PC is the way to play this game.
2. The release dates have not been 100% sure, also something happened this year.
3. You probably need a 2080Ti to run it at maximum settings 1440p, or maybe even 4K.

1. Not going too go in PC vs Console, i play on PC, but i respect both platforms.
2. They did say first time that April date is 100% sure and 2-3 weeks ago they did say again September date is 100%,and that there will be no more delay and that they was not affected with pandemic and that all is good and well, so yeah both date was 100% sure.
3. It would be great if we know System Requiermant, if i get game to work on 1080p mid/max seting i will be happy, but still System Requiermant would be great since it give you idea what you need to upgrade so you can run a game, not all going to go for 4k max setting, from different reason, pc is not so strong, they can't upgrade their rig right now and so on.

Of course a delay was something i was expecting development takes time and in the end i am sure cd projekt did the right decision for the product however.....

I utterly dislike the fact that apparently... And i say apparently.. Is more important to show the game to gaming press and influencer than the people that are waiting to see something else from quite a while that in the end are the people that will most likely buy the final product.

I find this unacceptable and not much respectful.

Top Bottom