Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+

We have an important development update to share with you:

Just remember that anyone vocally disliking this decision and those who'll now publicly proclaim their dislike for Cyberpunk/CDPR, were passionately looking forward to playing it - and in all likelihood still are. So passionate in fact that they'll now take time out of their day to mourn and write it down in either positive, or negative wording.

My 2 cents: Two months isn't TOO bad. As long as you manage at least the Winter of 2021, this doesn't come as a complete and utter shock to me. I'm moving continents in the spring after that, so it's all just a matter of supreme practicality for me. :ok:I'm fine with waiting.

Last edited:
In all honesty, at the same time I have some sadness I feel more excited as well, as a software engineer myself I think this is the wisest decision. All I can wish is that everything goes well until November 19th.

Thanks for all the transparency and "good" bug squashing (y)

Guest 4406726

We've survived the GTA V release wait for pc, I think humanity might not collapse because something is cooking for a little longer.
(-‿σ)

Please Remember: Our Rules are still in effect. Including being kind and respectful.

Please do not make ugly accusations or reference violent actions to yourself or others. This is not appropriate for this forum.

We are all disappointed, but the measure of a person is how we handle ourselves while under stress.

Let us please keep our perspective during this trying time.

On the bright side, the game being finished, reviewers getting to play it and the 25th lead me to believe the hold-out on an info dump is going to end. The second part in particular.

I think about canceling my pre-order of the collectors edition.
By the time the game releases I expect to have a PS5 or are waiting for it to arrive soon and sold my PS4 so I won't be able to play it. It is heartbreaking, disappointing, unprofessional and very bad planning. I probably will pick it up on PS5 in the future if I'm still interested but this is just sad.
It's also confusing press will be allowed to play it, I'm worried about leaks, man this sucks.

One delay, humm, ok.

Two delays, disgusting.
Good news, we haven't reached Duke Nukem Forever status yet... :D
</satire>
</well maybe not completely satire>
So, is this two delays (Apr -> Sept [5 mo.], Sept -> Nov [2 mo.]) or is this one delay, (Apr -> Nov [7 mo.])?

I supported the delay (my posts are still on this forum), but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. No offense intended, to be clear, but guys... :facepalm:

Also, something tells me you won't show us the game even this time with game mechanics explanation, and while I can be fine with the umpteenth delay to some extent, this would'be infuriating. Media will play it, and we can't even see it...

BTW, the fact night city wire was supposed to be streamed 1 week ago, means you planned to speak about the delay during it or seriously thought about wating till today?

EDIT: just tell me it's not because you want to maximize sales with next gen consoles as well... At least I know I won't need to buy the game twice (first on ps4, later on series X) because by November 19th consoles will be already released. At this time, I think I can cancel my pre-order and wait for a new console to be in my living room. I'm not saying I'm not buying the game, I'm just saying that I can wait a couple of months more and get it for less money on a better machine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom