Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Will they be offering refunds for those who bought the Xbox One X Cyberpunk edition?

At this point, they may as well not even release it for current gen consoles. The PS5 will literally come out one day after Cyberpunk is scheduled for release. It'll save a lot of development time to not have to optimize and downgrade the game for current gen consoles.

My confidence in this game is fading. I've been 'excited' now since 2012. It's been in development for 7 years and CDPR is loathe to show or talk about anything specific. We've seen miniscule parts of the map. Seconds of gunplay in the last ( and actual ) build. Less than a minute total of driving. We've seen the skill tree but no explanation on how any of the RPG mechanics work. Journos will finally be playing it this week. Will they be allowed to upload footage? I doubt it. Will they be able to talk about it unfettered by NDAs, like the BS Naughty Dog pulled? Now I'm worried the next reveal will be another highly edited and curated video, not straight up gameplay. It's important to remember that TW3 didn't exactly launch in a polished state, so delays don't necessarily mean a more polished game. I feel bad for the team as well. This has to be demoralizing. I'm just hoping the game actually releases this year.

Last edited:
I am completely dissatisfied for having postponed the game again I booked my vacation from work to be able to play the game, CD Project Red with me lost credibility, lost trust, lost a fan and client, I just want my money back, which was lost with this pre sell where the game never goes out.

While I can see why CDPR delayed it again (Xmas, PS5 release, etc, -- yeah, from a business perspective it's understandable) I don't fully support it. I mean, couldn't you people just wait until the game is near finished to announce a solid release date?

It sounds disrespectful to be honest.

Here's hoping that Night City Wire event show stuff people really want to see -- and by "stuff people really want to see" I mean "anything that doesn't have WORK IN PROGRESS written all over it".

Like I said on MQ's stream on the googol tube;

"I just read the CDPR statement and I gotta respect the craftsman pride that it excemplifies."

Guest 4211861

Sure, why not. There are other game developers in the world.

I would really like to see some more information as to whats going on so we can weight in on how to support this situation. So we can take a logical approach and less of a fanboy / hopes and dreams approach. We all want this and want it yesterday, and to be the best. We also would like more information as to what happened, what changed, are bugs just more, is tweaking processes more in-depth. If the story and game is complete, is this character balance issues? . I can be a journalist if you like. I have 0 instagram followers, so i'm as much an influencer as 99% of anyone else on instagram.
Point being, pushing out release but allowing the most critical people access at the original timeline sucks. I love the videos released showing how vested devs are and how excited they are. I am not doubting the excitement and drive to make this the best possible release, but a cookie cutter response that feigns concern for a group, then immediately puts them beneath another group sounds disingenuous. I'm honestly surprised you are still picking dates rather than 'Q4' or end of the year. If Covid is actually a cause, how will a second wave incoming push out things further? I'm sure i'll still be playing the game, its more a question if I wait for a sale or buy it day 1. I'm excited for release, but indifferent as to when I play it. I'm sure I will get around to it eventually. I think between everyone canceling things, pushing things back and saying "in these troubling times we..." its tiring. I've yet heard anyone say, hey, we know stuff sucks, so we pushed something out early but unfinished so you can enjoy it while things continue being terrible. I understand that may not be the model CDPR follows, and may be for good reason. At least it is nicer weather right now so we can go outside..
The press release, distilled down, sounds a lot like; Hey, we are pushing stuff back. We are also still giving access to not you on the original timeline and not pushing them back. The game is done though (trust us, it totally is) and here is another date that we give 50-50 chance of moving. Sorry, but the first thing that came to mind was.. "Your call is important to us... Please remain on the line."

Will they be offering refunds for those who bought the Xbox One X Cyberpunk edition?

At this point, they may as well not even release it for current gen consoles. The PS5 will literally come out one day after Cyberpunk is scheduled for release. It'll save a lot of development time to not have to optimize and downgrade the game for current gen consoles.
sony automatically refunded the purchase after first delay unless you specifically told them you still wanted the game despite the delay so i doubt microsoft can do much less than offer refunds

We have an important development update to share with you:

Great to see that you guys waited to announce the delay after the Xbox One X Limited Edition launch. Disgusting move. Nobody would have bought it considering the release of Xbox Series X and the PS5.

Last edited:
I am used to wait for things, that I like, so I'm up for waiting some more :cry:
Just gonna lay here and listen to some cyberpunk music :giveup:
And seriously, I just want this game to turn out good

A few years back, I expressed frustration and disappointment when Witcher 3 was delayed multiple times.

I learned my lesson when I played Witcher 3 after it was finally released. I don't post around here all that often, but I did just want to drop by and express my support for the decision.

This time around, I'm going to be patient - as hard as it is because of how excited I am to play this.

I do get the crowd who say "if you can't keep a release date then stop announcing one". I've been among that crowd. However, I think one of the things that logic misses is the human nature of things. Having goals, targets to shoot for, are great motivators. Not having a release date - even if the date eventually has to be moved - can lead to scope creep, people not working their hardest every day, and other bad things.

Plus it ignores the inherent issues with coding: which is that it is often something that is hard to plan out. It's not like building a house where you pretty easily estimate how much time it will take to screw in each screw, set up the wiring, etc. from the plan blueprints.

It's like LEARNING HOW to design and build a house each time and the house plans keep changing.

Let's be fair here broken ;-) : You complained for 2 weeks, then sulked for another, before finally and quietly accepting the previous delay. You were a long way off supporting it. I'mma set my stopwatch to see if you're going through a similar 3 stages of disappointment in a similar timespan this time.

I'mma agree that I expect to see a LOT more actual gameplay and the mechanics this time though, so I might be right behind you if they don't. No more hobnobbing with the press until the player base gets more eyes on the goods.
wait, what? I never complained about the previous delay. O.O I complained about the deep dive video's editing, I complained about the decision to show the game to select audience when youtube is a thing, and complained about the lack of info in terms of level system. But totally supported the first delay since I firmly believe in my favourite Miyamoto's quote:
1592508722557.png

You can find me posting the exact same picture somewhere here

That being said, a SECOND delay, after 7 years of "when it's ready" and a 6 months delay with so many claims about "the game is ready, we don't even need 6 months, it's just not to release it in july or august, we're not affected by covid", is ridiculous to say the least. Just don't give a date and express confidence if you, as usual, can't keep your promise.
Just to add one last thing: this situation is economically favourable for me since I plan to buy an xbox series X while I have a ps4 copy pre-ordered. Cancelling my pre-order and waiting for the series X version let me save money because I don't need to buy the game twice to play it on next-gen! Still, I find all of this ridiculous (I repeat, no offence intended). I think nobody today can trust this new release date, they make great games, but seriously have problems in evaluating development time. It can be delayed to late 2021 any time soon because they find new bugs. Maybe they'll have so many problems with optimization that they need to cancel current-gen versions at all? Who knows? it's totally unpredictable at this point.

Last edited:
Groundhog day.

I'm not angry or anything but.....if I've said it once.....please don't give a release date until you're certain. Whether that's when it goes gold or is 8 weeks from release, 6 weeks, 3 weeks, whatever. Don't do it. I don't need a release date.

The thing is, CDPR say their motto is 'it's ready when it's ready' but then keep giving release dates when they obviously don't know when it'll be ready, heh.

I was skeptical about the September release date and I'm not gonna believe this one at all. I mean, the next preferred calendar slot is typically Spring which means another delay would be in the region or 3-4+ months so no use assuming it'll be out this year.

I'll simply pretend I haven't heard a date mentioned ;)

Last edited:
"Errare humanum est perseverare autem diabolicum."

Hope I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that this won't be the last time you guys will delay this game.

Nor I really believe all this to be about "polishing and fixing". Sorry to say it, but... seeing a bunch of shady decisions and statements here. It sadly reminds me of the "Homecoming" management, for Gwent.

I'll wait, though. See ya in a pair of months, for your next "Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date". Can't wait.

Top Bottom