Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
So, the game is delayed but at the same time there are a lot of people (journos) who will be able to start playing it?

I hope they don't get access to the whole game because I'm afraid we might have a TLOU part II style leak that will ruin everyone's experience.

I think it's time to do away with the practice of announcing release dates. This is the most damning to consumer trust, which you refer to in the notice.

I waited years for this game, i can wait a bit longer. But since the game is basically finished, and need the extra time to debug. Does that mean there will be no Day 1 patch? The one thing i hate about modern gaming is that i buy a game, and then i have to wait to play until a download is finished.

Feel free to call me a Karen, but I find this decision highly disrespectful to their audience and highly inappropriate from a businesses POV.

It's been years... I've been on these forums for 2 and I've been lurking for much longer. I've read the game manuals, played some of the previous games, listened to hundreds of hours of lore, actively working on the ARG's and been binge listening to all affiliated musicians as a lot of the hardcore fans here have done too.

Sitting at 12 am on a winter morning watching E3, hoping to get a 2019 release date. Settling for a 2020 release date to have it extended by several months after you've already put in leave at work. Only to hear Night Wire has been delayed because of some corpo bullshit and then having the release extended AGAIN after they explicitly stated that they would not be extending the release date again.

"Trading trust for time" was a very interesting way to put it as, in my books, they're running low on trust. I don't buy into the "it's owkay ceedeepeearr, take awl tha tiime yew neewd, owkay?" opinion like the popular narrative does anymore.

One more shred of bad news, e.g if the Wire is extended again or disappointing, or another release extension, or another waste of time ARG, or or or or... I'll have to follow suit like a (arguably small) portion of the player base and refund that pre-order for a business that has more respect for their audience. The initial extension was borderline acceptable.

Guest 3847602

You keep quoting "Ready when it's done" but always delaying announced release date. If that is your motto, why the hell do you keep giving us release date each time you postpone it?
Because they started taking pre-orders and such practice usually involves giving a release date. I truly hope this game delivers and is everything they promised to be, because this is playing with fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those complaining about the delays maybe haven't seen what life is like for developers at some game studios.
I would hope CDPR isn't a studio that whips their employees and they are also concerned with making sure the game is done before releasing. Another couple of months is a shame, but I bet some people might be waiting to play it on the new consoles anyway. I'd rather the game be polished and the developers not be slave driven over getting it a little sooner.
You have all seen by now the work that has gone in to this game. Don't rush it.

That's not the point of the complains. The point is : do not give a release date if you're not 1000% sure to meet it. They said TWICE that they were confident releasing it in April and then September. And twice they failed.
Why can't they just finish all the bug testing and THEN communicate the date? I understand that developing a game can be a nightmare but them saying "when it's ready" and then giving a release date that will be scrapped anyway is nothing but contradictory. This promise was supposed to be what makes them unique in the industry but now it's more of a joke.

I'm still waiting this game but and still love CDPR but comon.

1592508722557.png

Yes. Let's hope that their final release is actually worth the wait.

That's not the point of the complains. The point is : do not give a release date if you're not 1000% sure to meet it. They said TWICE that they were confident releasing it in April and then September. And twice they failed.
Why can't they just finish all the bug testing and THEN communicate the date? I understand that developing a game can be a nightmare but them saying "when it's ready" and then giving a release date that will be scrapped anyway is nothing but contradictory. This promise was supposed to be what makes them unique in the industry but now it's more of a joke.

I'm still waiting this game but and still love CDPR but comon.
At this point i'm beyond caring about Cyberpunk 2077 and will insread focus my time on more important things. My hype for this game is now dead..

Last edited:
Just remember that anyone vocally disliking this decision and those who'll now publicly proclaim their dislike for Cyberpunk/CDPR, were passionately looking forward to playing it - and in all likelihood still are. So passionate in fact that they'll now take time out of their day to mourn and write it down in either positive, or negative wording.

Very true! Those who are publicly proclaiming dislike with overall negative sentiment about this are because they're brokenheartedly disappointed by their decision and are seeing this as disrespectful, unprofessional and (admittedly) unacceptable. To such an extent, the passionate desire to play it has taken a hard knock with their trust in CDPR after, yet another, add on to the list of disappointments CDPR have been accumulating these past few months.

"Trading trust for time" was very interesting wording, as I don't think they realized how little trust will be left after this trade, and if it was worth it.

I still think most post from January holds true to the reasoning for the delay, it would seem they still did not make as much headway as they would have liked. Closure on these issues was probably drifting to cause the delay. I would assume the journalists reviewing are doing so only on PC.

"
After pondering this for a while here these are what makes sense to cause the delay and silence.
  • Performance was underwhelming
  • Numerous AI issues
  • Game Stability
  • Numerous miscellaneous game play bugs

Performance was underwhelming - Given the complexities of this game being a large city with tons of AI and no loading screens, it seems likely there were issues in certain areas where the performance didn't hit the targets for consoles. Given the relative market share of consoles this was deemed unacceptable and probably a big task for their optimizations and polishing.

Numerous AI Issues - They are trying to do a LOT with AI in this game and this is also their first time tackling AI in a FPS. It makes sense in combat there are many times the AI does not behave correctly leading to a bad experience. Within the city there probably a lot of examples of AI doing 'dumb' things given the complexity. This could be quite embarrassing.

Game Stability - It seems rather likely that the game is not 100% stable and will crash during certain scenes or areas and this is unacceptable on release. Remember back during the E3 showing there were multiple mentions of the game crashing there as well. It looks like the issues were much deeper than originally thought.

Numerous miscellaneous game play bugs - The good news is the testers and QA teams are doing their jobs, it would just seem that the list of items they found to fix was much larger than anticipated and the closure of the items is going slower than anticipated.
"

I appreciate the attention to detail but delaying again definitely hurts.

I still think most post from January holds true to the reasoning for the delay, it would seem they still did not make as much headway as they would have liked. Closure on these issues was probably drifting to cause the delay. I would assume the journalists reviewing are doing so only on PC.

"
After pondering this for a while here these are what makes sense to cause the delay and silence.
  • Performance was underwhelming
  • Numerous AI issues
  • Game Stability
  • Numerous miscellaneous game play bugs

Performance was underwhelming - Given the complexities of this game being a large city with tons of AI and no loading screens, it seems likely there were issues in certain areas where the performance didn't hit the targets for consoles. Given the relative market share of consoles this was deemed unacceptable and probably a big task for their optimizations and polishing.

Numerous AI Issues - They are trying to do a LOT with AI in this game and this is also their first time tackling AI in a FPS. It makes sense in combat there are many times the AI does not behave correctly leading to a bad experience. Within the city there probably a lot of examples of AI doing 'dumb' things given the complexity. This could be quite embarrassing.

Game Stability - It seems rather likely that the game is not 100% stable and will crash during certain scenes or areas and this is unacceptable on release. Remember back during the E3 showing there were multiple mentions of the game crashing there as well. It looks like the issues were much deeper than originally thought.

Numerous miscellaneous game play bugs - The good news is the testers and QA teams are doing their jobs, it would just seem that the list of items they found to fix was much larger than anticipated and the closure of the items is going slower than anticipated.
"

I appreciate the attention to detail but delaying again definitely hurts.
They should've dealt with those issues with before they gave the September release date tbh. Or better yet not given a release date at all until they were sure those issues were taken care of in the first place.

Last edited:
Damn, all that the fanbase got from CDPR for this entire year was just disappointment after disappointment after disappointment...

This game might actually crash and burn like Duke Nukem Forever did if CDPR isn't careful. just saying....

It will not. The people who are waiting for the game since the first teaser, the tabletop players, and the hardcore forum members here - the people with high expectations - are the minority of the target for this game. This game will sell like fresh rolls...

Top Bottom