Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Where do you think I would have just made that up from? They stated a while back that interiors would be procedurally generated so that you could go everywhere. Then they scaled it back to most building s then they scaled it back to most story related buildings. This has been discussed at length over the last couple years.

And they absolutely had mentioned customizable apartments. Not sure why you're saying my statements are false, they've talked about both these things numerous times. Maybe you missed them. Surely they're not huge things on the radar but I'm also positive you haven't looked at every post on here.

Okay, one thing that already outs that statement as utter crap is use of "procedurally generated" when talking about design in CDPR game. Of course, they are reusing some components when designing areas if the game, so in that way there is some procedural generation involved in this department, but all content is still handcrafted, they don't just randomize locations and call it a day. They never said anything about procedurally generated interiors in the way you undestand it, the option to enter all buildings and they never said anything about apartment customization. Maybe you convinced yourself they did, but it doesn't make any of it true.

It's the fear of delivering something, not a crowning achievement, that they experience.
The delays are fully justified but the announced release dates not sustained are lowering hype.

Yeah they delayed the game one day before the release of the PS5, announced PS5 compatibility 24 hours later and you all think they did this to iron out some bugs...

I am cancelling my preorder. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
While still kinda surprised by another delay its pretty understandable why it got pushed to november, if y'all remember they couldn't even record all the VA for day one on disk in time for september.

And i'm pretty sure there are other structural problems other than fixing bugs and optimizations that really worry me.

Anyway, PrEoRder CanCelED emirite?

April was 2 month ago. Do you need new info every week or every day?
Just let devs to concentrate on main job, but not new preview demo.

Lol 2 month without any new info, just one or two screenshot wow big news.
They alone say after first delay we going to bring more info and news in up coming month and since then nothing, apsolutly nothing just again one or two screenshots.

Screenshots is proof of nothing, every one can make 3D screenshot in game engine or other programs that is not proof you have working game or game at all.

I just wanted to come here and show my support! It is tough, but I am 100% okay with this! I am very happy that this much love is being put into cyberpunk2077.

a rushed game is forever bad, a delayed game with more love put into it has a chance to be good forever.

I am very happy, and I totally understand.

I'm sorry, but I wish people would stop parroting that quote over and over as though it were fact.

Miyamoto said that at a time when games were not receiving monthly updates post release. Basically, developers were releasing a static product back then: a gold version of the game to distribute on physical discs to everyone. Nowadays, that quote does not hold true as games such as No Man's Sky and Sea of Thieves are getting tons of content that was never there at launch. Games are much more a dynamic product now that gets continuously improved through patches thanks to the Internet and digital distribution models.

Guest 4406876

I don't think they'll make it for november launch if they strive for perfection. I'm just saying this because I'm usually wrong and hopefully it will be released on time .
Actually I wish they never set another date but a generic 4Q2020 or similar.

Here and there are comments of giving pre-orderers some perk or extra something for all the delays. The "extra" we'll be getting (and I pre-ordered), along with everyone else, is a more enjoyable, more bug free game. I say more bug free because at least one or two rear their ugly heads in every game I've played. There is no doubt this game is coming out; for those that are expressing this doubt. I'm in my fifties and have been a gamer since Intel released the 386SX33, that's pre-pentium; pre-MB memory amounts. Yes, pre-MEGABYTE memory amounts. I paid a small fortune to upgrade to 16KB of memory.

Back then, we had developers hype games they were going to make and never did; it was called "Vaporware" (no relation to me). Here, we've seen game play, they say all they're doing now is polishing the finished product. I've seen many "firm dates" come and go. Be patient and know that they have our interests in mine. If they take care of the gamer, the gamer will come back and take care of them on future games knowing the quality they will provide. If they release early, and it's really buggy, they'll start to look like EA, Bethesda, etc. who are releasing buggy products, patches, and have instituted micro-transactions to make more money. That's not the case here; and I do appreciate that.

My first reaction:

noo1.jpg

Then, I realise, it matters not.
Got so many games to play, anyway, I feel swamped. So why waste energy on something I can't change? :shrug:
The devs do what they do because they feel they must.

To be honest, I think my earlier suspicion of a May 2021 release date is starting to look more probable by the minute(or should I say, by the delay).

Of all the three Witcher games, only the original was not released in May.

Surely just a coincidence. Surely. :rolleyes:

I hope I am wrong to be honest, but I will say "I told you so!" to my nephew if I'm right.

Here and there are comments of giving pre-orderers some perk or extra something for all the delays. The "extra" we'll be getting (and I pre-ordered), along with everyone else, is a more enjoyable, more bug free game. I say more bug free because at least one or two rear their ugly heads in every game I've played. There is no doubt this game is coming out; for those that are expressing this doubt. I'm in my fifties and have been a gamer since Intel released the 386SX33, that's pre-pentium; pre-MB memory amounts. Yes, pre-MEGABYTE memory amounts. I paid a small fortune to upgrade to 16KB of memory.

Back then, we had developers hype games they were going to make and never did; it was called "Vaporware" (no relation to me). Here, we've seen game play, they say all they're doing now is polishing the finished product. I've seen many "firm dates" come and go. Be patient and know that they have our interests in mine. If they take care of the gamer, the gamer will come back and take care of them on future games knowing the quality they will provide. If they release early, and it's really buggy, they'll start to look like EA, Bethesda, etc. who are releasing buggy products, patches, and have instituted micro-transactions to make more money. That's not the case here; and I do appreciate that.
to many now days just get too bent out of shape over things that really shouldnt matter the world isnt going to end over 2 months or 6 or 12. It is just a game what matters is they get the time they need to make sure it is as bug free as possible and runs smoothly

Yea im disappointed. But ill survive (hopefully) Hype is definitely gone tho, haven't they been polishing since last delay announcement? I think ppl expecting it too release bug free and running smoothly will be sadly disappointed tho... Witcher 3 was pretty buggy at launch and was downgraded and other things. Its a great game yes but its not flawless. On pc we diden't get HDR patch since they were working on cp2077. Seems like a waste atm since that would probably be pretty fast to do. anyway enough whining, just gonna forget its even on its way untill we get closer to release...

My entire issue with CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 at this point is the sheer amount of hype. It's been far too much for far too long. I've never in my life seen a studio drag out the hype train to the extent that this has been blown out of proportion repeatedly, over and over and over again. How many times do we have to suffer the same insufferable blown out release hype and seemingly, at this point at least, inevitable and subsequent letdown of delay after delay? FFS, most everyone I know expected this game to release in 2019. LOL!!! Imagine that!

All of that being said─there'll never be proof for it, but I can promise you that this is NOT about polishing. This game is finished, or would have been by September, at the latest. This is about releasing alongside next gen consoles and the big-money-spending of the holiday season.

Think about it this way─CDPR would have been releasing the game on what I assume would be the ass-end (maybe?) of a global crisis in the form of an economic disaster disguised as a pandemic, where mommy's basement dweller hasn't anymore of their stimulus money left to buy the game because they spent it all on building a new PC... for the game (makes sense, I swear) Let's face it, Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be a big selling title regardless, but who wouldn't want to make more if they could, even if it meant pissing off their loyal fans and customers?

They're doing you all a favor, really. You spent all your money and now you can just ask for the game as an early Christmas present. Problem solved. I guess you'll be getting socks in your stocking for Christmas morning. But hey, you'd have been playing Cyberpunk 2077 for a month already, so totally worth it.

CDPR realized real damn quick when CVD-19 hit that their September release date was not going to be ideal for sales. Their best hope of making the big bucks on Cyberpunk 2077 is to release this game during the holiday season, alongside the new consoles, when the economy has a fat chance in hell of breathing free again, if only for a moment.

Not to mention the simple fact that we all know they've been trying to tame the monstrosity that is Cyberpunk 2077 into a package fit to run on current gen consoles, and it's not an ideal situation all around. The game was never going to run well on these systems.

That's my two cents. Take it or leave it. I don't care. But I'll never believe this was about polishing the game.

Last edited:

I understand, but how much of a hassle would it be for us pre-orderers to get some small perk? Nothing too big, I'm not talking about a free expansion, but something, as to simply acknowledge our support. The same way we support Cd Projekt Red, and we understand that the delays have a reason (I don't want them to rush the game), it would be nice to get a little nod from them. Again, nothing unfair gameplay wise or too complicated. And of course, if they don't, I'm not gonna HATE them. But how cool would it be if they did.

Hope they postpone release date because of polishing, etc, not because some journalist had seen some "sensitive" content and they now removing it.
Oh God I hope not. I don't want them removing content... I just got flashbacks of that stupid (putting it nicely) Rock Paper Shotgun article from the journo who felt uncomfortable about The Animals gang and how the white man told V the truth in the end etc. The 'backlash' (10 people on Twitter) for that poster that made them change Character Creation and stuff too...

That sounds like pre-order DLCs and I'd rather no have that despite already having bought the game. If they do add something as a compensation (not that I think they have an obligation to do that) then it should be given to everyone.

No, of course nothing too big, not a whole DLC or something downright unfair, I dunno. Just a little gesture as to express support for all those that were willing to put money up front for them, because we trust in their quality and commitment. I don't think they have an obligation, nor do I want them to rush it, but if they did something like that, it would be a cool thing. That's all.

Top Bottom