Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Seriously though, if you think this game won’t release, then I’m pretty certain your gut has been defeated plenty of times with the type of bets your placing

Umm, my uncle was a nintendo. My bets are indomitable. Undefeated.

In a weird sense, I'm very glad about the delays, because from all that I've been seeing, the people working on this game are truly passionate about what they're doing and having a choice to not rush it for a cash in and do it right, are taking it. I'll wait as long as it's gonna take.

I see a lot of people saying that CDPR should take as long as they need to polish things up and make it as good as it can be. The problem with that is that the longer they take with the alleged polishing, the more and more a growing number of people will be expecting a flawless game for all that time taken. If the game doesn't release in a pristine condition but instead releases with some bugs like every game ever released, then that gets magnified because of all the time taken and the user reviews will be just that much harsher.

CDPR wants to take some time to work on it OK...but continuing with the delays only will serve to put extra scrutiny on the game and subject it to sterner judgment from people who had to wait. Is it fair to CDPR, who only wants to put out the best game they can? No, but it is what it is.

I see a lot of people saying that CDPR should take as long as they need to polish things up and make it as good as it can be. The problem with that is that the longer they take with the alleged polishing, the more and more a growing number of people will be expecting a flawless game for all that time taken. If the game doesn't release in a pristine condition but instead releases with some bugs like every game ever released, then that gets magnified because of all the time taken and the user reviews will be just that much harsher.

They are already pushing close the next console generation. Their technology and game will be outdated if they take much longer.

These kind of games will never be fully finished. Sometimes you need to just blow the whistle and push it out. Previewers said they have seen triple-A games ship in worse condition..

The problem with that is that the longer they take with the alleged polishing, the more and more a growing number of people will be expecting a flawless game for all that time taken. If the game doesn't release in a pristine condition but instead releases with some bugs like every game ever released, then that gets magnified because of all the time taken and the user reviews will be just that much harsher.
We're already there since the day the CEO said they aim at RDR2's level of polishing on consoles at launch. It's they're fault.

Cancelling my preorder as all I see is pc build previews and articles and nothing about consoles. It's going to be a trainwreck on consoles, or downgraded to obscurity, or even delayed further. I have 2 words for CDPR and it isn't happy birthday.

With all the pop in during the demo, I would hope to hell that was a console build and not a PC build.

I'm think this game will turn into the next Crysis meme... But can it run Cyberpunk?

Yeah, we already know that the game won't look like the demos on the Xbox One or PS4. They would catch fire trying to render everything at that resolution. The next gen consoles should be able to run it at the demo quality though. This game is really a next gen game if you think about it, especially considering when it's being released. If you want the best experience, you should definitely either buy this on PC or next gen consoles.

While it is disappointing that the game is being pushed back further, I can understand why CDPR would opt to, and respect their reasoning for it. I appreciate the transparency that CDPR has had regarding their game so far and hope that we can continue to see the same level of communication from them moving forward. That being said, some of us, especially those that pre-ordered the game back in 2019, are losing patience. How about a bone in the meantime? All we can do until then is wait and hope that the game, when it is finally released, will be all the better for it and will live up to the hype surrounding it.

Everyone should be very thankful and anyone who has a problem well ( in your face with : fist in the air middle finger to the sky ). In the real world no one is perfect and anyone who complains about you caring how the game is when you finally do decide to launch is a hypocrite ( because no one walking the Earth is perfect ).

Just discovered it has been postponed again !
And I was wondering why there was so few talks about C2077.
Such a running gag.

Last edited:
I think the poster means that they just discovered about the delay mentioned in this thread.

In the meantime, those of us with the BB pre-orders will most likely get shafted anyway, lol:

bestbuy.JPG

Kinley is right, I was still thinking the game was out in a few days.
I just discovered I'll probably be working again when the game will be out...:sad:

Hah! Well, at least when you got the new, you just needed to wait for little more than two months.

When we did, it just added upon an existing wait that left most of us moping for more than half a year.

Top Bottom