Important update for PlayStation users

+

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience.

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/.

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Yeah, no biggie. PlayStation pulls triple-A releases from its store all the time.

Remember Life of Black Tiger?

What do you mean hasn’t been pulled? And CP77 has?

And Fallout76? Really?

I mean, this has happened before right?

And here youtube and reddit are (knee jerk) FREAKING out.... This sounds like a good and reasonable thing to do. Not sure why people have to over dramatize everything..

Yo! Calibrated! Tell these drama-queens about all the other releases that have been pulled from the PlayStation store. Give them the list! First 100 will do!

Last edited:
I have CDPR shares. Today I lost $ 40,000 due to the fact that you released an incomplete game on consoles. But I believe in you, I know that you will fix everything. I hope the correct conclusions will be drawn and in the future you will be more careful.

It was impossible to follow the wishes of the players and release the game faster in such an unfinished form.

Looking forward to your NASDAQ listing - good luck.

P.S. Now you cannot earn less than 800% for me. :LOL:

And here youtube and reddit are (knee jerk) FREAKING out.... This sounds like a good and reasonable thing to do. Not sure why people have to over dramatize everything..

Alright, so I just looked it up. Don't panic Calibrated84, but this is the first time ever a Playstation game got completely yanked!

But so what! It's just a little indie title from a little known Polish developer. It's not like they could ever afford the kind of advertisement that EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard has, with celebrity appearances and a PR machine to reach millions of gamers. Probably didn't have more than a few hundred pre-orders. That's pocket change for Sony! Sure they're a major corporation that will surely be pissed, but they can forgive the few thousand dollars this game made. Sony won't bend over if they'd find that kind of cash lying on the floor!

And it's not like it was ever hard to get a refund on Sony. I return my games all the time there. Not unlike GoG where if you just install the game, they already consider it a used product. I mean, THEY'd have to completely alter the system and make a never-done-before exception. It's good Sony doesn't have to do THAT!

Totally a bunch of Drama Queens. By this evening, it'll all blow over and people get back to the real big budget titles, like Marvel's Avengers! Or Anthem! Or put-put-minigolf! Heard those are still going strong.

This'll get fixed in no time! I mean, have you seen those assets? Probably some modders could do it for their first project.

Yo! Calibrated! Tell these drama-queens about all the other releases that have been pulled from the PlayStation store. Give them the list! First 100 will do!
Maybe give them also the list of games forcing Sony to refund. First 3 will do.

It just sounds like Sony doesn't want to sell things that can be refound, but sure, it may also be a plot of CDPR willing to reinforce their Covid 5G antena for flat earth so Donald "lame" Duck can tell he's the king of the world again.

tbh, by refusing refunds Sony can be sued in France, if their CGI are lower than the default ones here. They also can't sell product if makers doesn't agree with CGI. Resellers face different problems than makers.

Last edited:
I highly encourage Ps4 and Xbox users, this will be fixed, I'm sure.

I have played Witcher 3 and expansions on nintendo switch, if that was possible, anything is possible. :cool:

That's the one thing I'm willing to give CDPR: They've shown themselves to stick by the aftercare of a product.

Granted, Witcher 3 was far less broken and didn't need as much fixed, but I have good hope they'll try.

I believe it's the only way in the current circumstances. Not sure what is there to freak out about. Past-gen versions needed a delay for a few months to begin with.

Yeah, no biggie. PlayStation pulls triple-A releases from its store all the time.

Remember Life of Black Tiger?

What do you mean hasn’t been pulled? And CP77 has?

And Fallout76? Really?

I mean, this has happened before right?

Stop it, he is already dead.

My question is what will happen if the file for my game which is on my PS5 gets corrupted and I need to redownload it again? It's no longer in the store and when I go to the list of games I own it's there but where it usually says start or download now just says "Release date to be determined". So if my game becomes corrupt i can't play it until they put it back in the playstation store to sell again? Currently it is payable with minimal issues on the PS5, not as good looking as PC but good enough until the PS5 version is released. Why would Sony remove it where i can't even redownload it again? Talk about going full knee jerk stupid.

Really? I mean come on? Its a bit glitchy, it's been patched so it doesn't crash much anymore; and they're going to keep patching. Offer refunds sure but pulled altogether? I hope it's back there soon and not as a psplus freebie in 6 months time!

If Sony weren't happy with it they should have not accredited it in the first place. "A decision was made" is corporate language for "we were told"

I really feel for the CDPR devs in all this, there appears to be very little appreciation of just how complex it is to create a game. They recieved toxic feedback and threats from the community each time they delayed. Under pressure from investors (including grant funding with a deadline that would have asked for a repayment) and the need to release in time for next gen / Christmas they released a product that wasn't quite ready yet.

Post release the (un)virtuous circle of social media and income driven content has moved like something straight out of cyberpunk to the point where the corporate machine crushes the game......oh sweet irony

I'm a PS4 player, I don't want a refund, I want it patched as the fixes are available and I want the team to be supported to finish the job.

Loving the game, I'll stick with it.

Great, now can you do the same with GOG? Your game craps all over PC players by forcing us to play on default controls or gamepad. Thank you for the virtual brick, but I want my money back. If you can't be bothered, neither can I.

Don't take the refunds, just wait it will be updated in 3 or 4 months it'll look and run amazing it's like 95% there the bugs are kind of funny to be honest and with a multiplayer on the way it'll just slow things down to take the refunds

Don't take the refunds, just wait it will be updated in 3 or 4 months it'll look and run amazing it's like 95% there the bugs are kind of funny to be honest and with a multiplayer on the way it'll just slow things down to take the refunds
Multiplayer on the way?
Maybe 2023 if we are lucky

Top Bottom