Important update for PlayStation users

+
Really? I mean come on? Its a bit glitchy, it's been patched so it doesn't crash much anymore; and they're going to keep patching. Offer refunds sure but pulled altogether? I hope it's back there soon and not as a psplus freebie in 6 months time!

If Sony weren't happy with it they should have not accredited it in the first place. "A decision was made" is corporate language for "we were told"

I really feel for the CDPR devs in all this, there appears to be very little appreciation of just how complex it is to create a game. They recieved toxic feedback and threats from the community each time they delayed. Under pressure from investors (including grant funding with a deadline that would have asked for a repayment) and the need to release in time for next gen / Christmas they released a product that wasn't quite ready yet.

Post release the (un)virtuous circle of social media and income driven content has moved like something straight out of cyberpunk to the point where the corporate machine crushes the game......oh sweet irony

I'm a PS4 player, I don't want a refund, I want it patched as the fixes are available and I want the team to be supported to finish the job.

Loving the game, I'll stick with it.

Accreditation is only a certification that it doesn't crash/brick the console. This is an extraordinary issue, it's so flawed, so buggy, so garbage that they're offering refunds. It's more likely the underhandedness to which CDPR has approaching refunds and reviews that are really forcing Sony's hand.

This release has shown me just how extra so many gamers are. Four people in my home play Cyberpunk 2077 in PS4. We have a first release PS4 and 2 slims. We have encountered some glitches, mostly visual, occasionally the game crashes, but none of these have been so drastic that we don't appreciate what the game is. We have been waiting for this game for years and it is beautiful. The differences in dialog and how to handle quests is amazing. The fact that you can travel the entirety of Night City without load screens. The vertical real estate to explore. This game has brought Night City to life. As a family who has played Cyberpunk 2020 and CyberGen, we are floored that this game has brought a world we are so familiar with to life. Night City is everything we imagined and more! Thank you for the care and attention to detail you have put into this game! We know that you will continue to iron out the problems and improve this game! We are excited for the years we will spend enjoying this game! Thank you and don't let all the negativity get you down!

Im here after 8 days still waiting for my GOG refund. Not hating the game do, hope everithing gets fixed soon. But even on PC the game is justa a mess.

Have any of the people talking about the game's performance on PS4 even played it? My game plays great, and I am not even playing on a Pro, just a standard PS4 Slim. This game is the best RPG I have played since The Witcher 3. Not getting the negative criticism at all.

CDPR, you guys did a great job! Ignore the haters!

Who is the director of the game, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz?
CDPR you even let him do development president, God, this guy is a person incapable of management is really a mess, don't be cheated by the Witcher 3, hurry up to restructure the development department, or 2077 is your biggest crisis

EXfpQU7X0AgViYU.jpg

I am happy with the game. You guys worked hard under these covid circumstances. The ambition in the game speaks for itself it really has great potential... I play on ps4 pro and yes there are some issues but I think there's just too many whiny people in the world these days. I support you guys and I won't be asking for a refund.

Psn Cobrakeele

I am happy with the game. You guys worked hard under these covid circumstances. The ambition in the game speaks for itself it really has great potential... I play on ps4 pro and yes there are some issues but I think there's just too many whiny people in the world these days. I support you guys and I won't be asking for a refund.

Psn Cobrakeele
Here, here! :beer:

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience.

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/.

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

What I struggle with here is why does a studio expect people to pay full price for a somewhat broken game. By the time they fix it the game will be half as much money and you don't have to put up with the bullpoop.

What incentive is there to ever buy a game at launch? It seems to incentivise bad practitioners of gamecraft at this point.

It's not like we get any extra story content for buying first to support the broken game. If anything we would only benefit by waiting.

I have a physical copy. I won't return it but I'm pissed. You and the industry owe us more than what we see and have heard. The dynamic needs to change to better support the users WILLING to support your shortcomings.

Guest 4421288

What is crazy is that there will be many people whom have or about to finish the game then get their refund.

Free rental.

As this Sony notice gives no conditions of refund i.e. By what date you must request refund, Number of hours played or finish main story etc

Frankly, i like this game very much. I play on a PS4 Slim.

Aside from the really ugly Graphics most of the time, this game is awesome. May be lacking more content and things to do.

In the End, what i still can't fathom......if you played GTA5 on your PS4, which came out Years ago....you could see what the PS4 was able to do with an Open World Game. How is it possible that Cyberpunk looks so ugly on a PS4 compared to that ?

On an other note.....i do hope that all the console players who will be loyal to the game despite all this, will get some In-game extras in the Future ;-)

Have any of the people talking about the game's performance on PS4 even played it? My game plays great, and I am not even playing on a Pro, just a standard PS4 Slim. This game is the best RPG I have played since The Witcher 3. Not getting the negative criticism at all.

CDPR, you guys did a great job! Ignore the haters!
I had a couple of crashes and some funny glitches happening during scripted events on an old PS4 model. I totally expected this because we've never seen any reviews on the old models and we've heard from reviewers to expect glitches on PC. And if they can run into some issues than I expect old consoles to have even more issues.

For now, it crashes a few times, but I like the game enough to reboot it back up and play. It's not as terrible as some other failure on launch games like Fallout 76, Call of Duty Black Ops, or NoMan'sSky. Those are still some of the worst ones to date.

I like how they pretend they had a choice in the matter. As if Sony didn't shut them down for their poor performance and they mutually agreed.

As if they didn't realize they shouldn't have put it out in the first place.

Oh please. This is far from good for them, but considering this has never happened before and games like Fallout 76 and others have been in FAR worse shape than CP2077 it seems pretty clear that this only happened because there was some agreement here. Probably that CDPR wanted refunds and Sony is not about that, so this was the compromise to get it to happen. Pull the game so there aren't any issues with more people wanting refunds, and go from there. And the PS4 version seems to by far be the worst version of the game right now too.

I had a couple of crashes and some funny glitches happening during scripted events on an old PS4 model. I totally expected this because we've never seen any reviews on the old models and we've heard from reviewers to expect glitches on PC. And if they can run into some issues than I expect old consoles to have even more issues.

For now, it crashes a few times, but I like the game enough to reboot it back up and play. It's not as terrible as some other failure on launch games like Fallout 76, Call of Duty Black Ops, or NoMan'sSky. Those are still some of the worst ones to date.
For me, it crashes at about the same rate as a fully patched Fallout 4. Which makes this whole spectacle ridiculous to me.

Console gamers now: "WE WANT REFUNDS! PULL THE GAME FROM THE STORE!"

Console gamers in January after the next patch: "WHY CAN'T WE BUY THE GAME!??!"

People keep saying CDPR's mistake was trying to force the game to run on last gen consoles. Nah, I think it's the other way around - they forced the game to be next gen, and that's what caused this mess.

They announced this game before last gen consoles were even released and said it was intended to be released on those consoles. I'm guessing as the years passed, and new tech came out, they wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to utilize all the latest and greatest. They became too focused on trying to impress gamers with how it looked, than the content of it, and it's clear that's where the majority of their focus was - aesthetics.

If they had just stayed within the limits of what they could do with last gen hardware, they still could have released an impressive game - maybe not the most glossy and next gen looking, but certainly technically impressive and innovative. and laid the proper foundation for a better looking sequel or next-gen remastered version. They put the cart before the horse on this one.

People keep saying CDPR's mistake was trying to force the game to run on last gen consoles. Nah, I think it's the other way around - they forced the game to be next gen, and that's what caused this mess.

They announced this game before last gen consoles were even released and said it was intended to be released on those consoles. I'm guessing as the years passed, and new tech came out, they wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to utilize all the latest and greatest. They became too focused on trying to impress gamers with how it looked, than the content of it, and it's clear that's where the majority of their focus was - aesthetics.

If they had just stayed within the limits of what they could do with last gen hardware, they still could have released an impressive game - maybe not the most glossy and next gen looking, but certainly technically impressive and innovative. and laid the proper foundation for a better looking sequel or next-gen remastered version. They put the cart before the horse on this one.

I like this take! Was going to write up something similar to rebuke all the "next gen killed it!" guff, but you beat me to it.

I think they needed a year more anyway to get all the bugs/oversights out and add some of the content they were originally considering. I'm no developer, but I'm willing to bet that when next-gen was on the horizon and they were mid-development, they poured a lot of effort and energy into making, or upgrading their assets look next gen.

If that theory holds, they could've just poured effort and energy into the workings of the actual game instead.

Instead of a shiny, shallow, disappointing game that runs only on next-gen hardware, they could've made a deep, rewarding game that runs on all the things and looks just fine.

Top Bottom