Important update for PlayStation users

+
And here youtube and reddit are (knee jerk) FREAKING out.... This sounds like a good and reasonable thing to do. Not sure why people have to over dramatize everything..

Have you seen how much CDPR stocks plummeted today?
Sony did this on their own accord by the way, I don't believe there was much of a discussion. They were probably outraged by the amount of refund requests they were receiving.

Game should have been in development for at least one more year. I hope CDPR work on the base game as the state of it is just Alpha version, focus on this before you focus on DLC and Multiplayer please. The Devs obviously had a lot of pressure and internal management was forced to play certain hands that they should have folded, fear of backlash and even so far as fanatical threats caused this rush to release. At this point and time I enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 and can see the potential for it to be one of the greatest RPG games of the modern era the mix of gta and borderlands style gameplay meet dying light mechanics and crafting, add in the CDPR touch we love and you get Cyberpunk 2077. Since the nail has hit the coffin it's time for CDPR to take their Frankenstein and make it the best it was meant to be, again focus on the base game, rework and fix it first and foremost over the production on DLC and Multiplayer. If they do this and then flesh out DLC and Multiplayer after then we will not need to worry about those as much. I will not refund to continue to get analytical data from my gameplay to the Devs to increase the overall quality and submit feedback throughout these trying times. Have a Happy Holidays to all and be safe and healthy. To the devs who spent countless hours busting their asses to get this out to a somewhat enjoyable experience per story thank you.

I like to agree I've been playing game on base ps4 since the moment it was released it does have bugs but is really enjoyable nothing even close to new gen game due to things that are limited and bugs yes every game has bugs this game is running pretty well yes it closes down or bluescreens but ark still bluescreen and thats been released 2014 and so does plenty other games a mass majority play gta has it bugs and glitches I say as long as I'm gonna receive a update on base gen I can be patient and still enjoy the game but if your going to stop ps4 all together I will never support another game from you

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store.

Yeah... lets pretend you had a say in the matter.........

Remember this?
1608301517878.png

People keep saying CDPR's mistake was trying to force the game to run on last gen consoles. Nah, I think it's the other way around - they forced the game to be next gen, and that's what caused this mess.

They announced this game before last gen consoles were even released and said it was intended to be released on those consoles. I'm guessing as the years passed, and new tech came out, they wanted Cyberpunk 2077 to utilize all the latest and greatest. They became too focused on trying to impress gamers with how it looked, than the content of it, and it's clear that's where the majority of their focus was - aesthetics.

If they had just stayed within the limits of what they could do with last gen hardware, they still could have released an impressive game - maybe not the most glossy and next gen looking, but certainly technically impressive and innovative. and laid the proper foundation for a better looking sequel or next-gen remastered version. They put the cart before the horse on this one.
I concur with this. There is a ridiculous fascination with maximizing graphics in the gaming industry now. What's funny, is that VTM: Bloodlines still has some of the best facial animations in gaming despite being way behind today's titles, graphically.

Not everyone wants a PC and some of prefer playing on console over PC..you aren't the master race..and I been having fun with Cyberpunk on my ps4..ive had minimal problems and lots of fun and I'm very patient for the patches

There is no way that CDPR had any say in this. I think it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise, but we've seen what their stance on lying to their loyal customers has been over the last two years.

I'm no developer, but I'm willing to bet that when next-gen was on the horizon and they were mid-development, they poured a lot of effort and energy into making, or upgrading their assets look next gen.

I bet this is pretty close to what happened. Bleeding-edge visuals should have been the very last thing they tried to add to this game. They should have made sure the core game was tight and they were able to get all the features and content they planned into the game and made it run well, even if it still looked very much like a PS4/XBox One game. Nothing wrong with that, since that's what we all originally thought it was up until the last minute when they said 'by the way, we're releasing next-gen versions'.

I beat the game,im not going to be petty and refund it. Hopefully they just fix it. As I said before a fantastic game is buried beneath all this bs.
That CDPR is refunding the game proves how classy they are as a company. You didn't see Bethesda offering them after FO76 or EA/Bioware after one of their multiple blunders (Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, etc).

I like how they pretend they had a choice in the matter. As if Sony didn't shut them down for their poor performance and they mutually agreed.

As if they didn't realize they shouldn't have put it out in the first place.
It's not like they told game critics to only review footage they provided and no actual gameplay. They had no clue the game was this bad!

Four people in my home play Cyberpunk 2077 in PS4...

On launch, I had my daughter on a laptop with a 1660ti to my left, me on a 4k90K 2070 Super and my mate to my right on Base PS4, it was great. My PS4 mate is nearing 50 hours now and he says it's the best game he's ever played. He's had glitches and crashes, but he keeps asking how on earth they managed to make this game...it's phenomenal!?
It seems there will always be a 'huge social backlash' and usually, half the people are just wanting clicks.

That CDPR is refunding the game proves how classy they are as a company. You didn't see Bethesda offering them after FO76 or EA/Bioware after one of their multiple blunders (Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, etc).
Fallout 76 and Andromeda are probably the biggest offenders there. Both games were a mess. Bethesda and Todd Howard are scam artist. 16x the DETAIL people! Good Luck ever getting a refund from either company. Never could get them to refund my fallout 76. Thank God I only rented Andromeda.

Oh please. This is far from good for them, but considering this has never happened before and games like Fallout 76 and others have been in FAR worse shape than CP2077 it seems pretty clear that this only happened because there was some agreement here. Probably that CDPR wanted refunds and Sony is not about that, so this was the compromise to get it to happen. Pull the game so there aren't any issues with more people wanting refunds, and go from there. And the PS4 version seems to by far be the worst version of the game right now too.

Ya but none of them were stupid enough to point at SONY, MS, and other avenues for refunds then say go get them. Without even so much as talking to those companies until they were FORCED to or with any REAL intention of helping anyone get a refund. This forces these companies hands as it appears THEY are the people inhibiting refunds when CDPR said they could go get one. Cause what they really meant was GOOD LUCK trying to get one.

So now they have SONY in a bind making their company look bad. So they put their foot up CDPR rear end.

Accreditation is only a certification that it doesn't crash/brick the console. This is an extraordinary issue, it's so flawed, so buggy, so garbage that they're offering refunds. It's more likely the underhandedness to which CDPR has approaching refunds and reviews that are really forcing Sony's hand.

My point was if it was so flawed and the initial release crashes were an issue they shouldn't have certified it. Since the 1.04 patch is much better. I think this has more to do with Sony and their worries about brand management during a "generation" transition thanks to all the hyperbole that has occurred.

I disagree that the game is flawed, I'm playing it just fine, if it crashes after 4 hours every now and then so what? My console is off the ark and mainly full of dog fluff and dead skin that I can't clean out without dismantling the cooling system.

Fallout 76 and Andromeda are probably the biggest offenders there. Both games were a mess. Bethesda and Todd Howard are scam artist. 16x the DETAIL people! Good Luck ever getting a refund from either company. Never could get them to refund my fallout 76. Thank God I only rented Andromeda.
I dunno, Mass Effect 3 has always stuck with me. Didn't help that Bioware/EA basically told the people (read: consumers funding their paychecks) complaining that they were stupid. Oh, and IGN gave that game a VERY FAVORABLE review.

Indeed! Consumer friendly to the end - Apologise and offer a solution. Be interesting to see how many actually refund instead of waiting for the free upgrade. I think Sony and Microsoft hated the 'free' upgrade idea, but CDPR knew it might happen so forced it.
I'm sure we'll find out through a shareholder meeting next year sometime what led to these decisions.
The big test will be in a few months....if the Base PS4 isn't more or less glitch free, having access to mass player technical feedback data and 6 months of patching, then it should have been skipped.

My point was if it was so flawed and the initial release crashes were an issue they shouldn't have certified it. Since the 1.04 patch is much better. I think this has more to do with Sony and their worries about brand management during a "generation" transition thanks to all the hyperbole that has occurred.

I disagree that the game is flawed, I'm playing it just fine, if it crashes after 4 hours every now and then so what? My console is off the ark and mainly full of dog fluff and dead skin that I can't clean out without dismantling the cooling system.
Not everyone has had an enjoyable experience. Even on pc. You are blindly following CDPR if you think this game isnt flawed. It needs work across the board.

Game developed and said to have tons of features that it simply does not have. Game was purposefully withheld from reviews and console footage denied. Execs admit they knew it was bad but ignored it. Then they offer a refund through Sony without actually talking to Sony. Then when Sony yanks the game, you put out a statement saying "for those unwilling to wait for updates"

Are you serious? They waited for the game for YEARS to be released. Their bad for expecting it to actually run and or have the features you sold the game on.

And the mental gymnastics of some of you in defense of this billion dollar company that doesn't know you is just insane.

The game is solid where CDPR excels (story telling and characters) but to keep acting like the only thing wrong is "some bugs" is just putting your head in the sand

Top Bottom