Important update for PlayStation users

+
Kind of wish they would've just said that CP2077 will only be released for the next gen of consoles and PC. The last gen feels more and more like an anchor for developers developing right at the transition stage of console generations.
THIS.
Wouldn't surprise me if the reason why we got no metro system, basic AI for cars/NPCs, despawning cars/NPCs when you look away, cops spawning near you instead of having their own system is because of PS4/xbox one, CDPR trying to cut corners to make the game run on those outdated junks is why the rest of us can't enjoy a full game experience.

And look what happened, they cut corners to TRY and make the game run and in the end it still runs badly.

Literally a Lose-Lose scenario for everyone, old gen (bad optimization), new gen and PC (gutted gameplay) and CDPR for looking bad and losing the trust of people.

CDPR ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ANNOUNCE THAT THE GAME WON'T BE RELEASING ON OLD GEN, LOSE SOME SALES BUT REGAIN INTEGRITY AND THE LOVE OF MOST FANS. It's still not too late to just drop support for old gen, focus on the new gen update, and add the removed content back to new gen + PC, that's the only way to regain most of our trust back and make us even want to play the multiplayer when it comes out.

I love this game and I play on ps4. I calibrated my tv to the game and everything looks so real and cool. And random bugs happen in every game and they get patch why did sony act so hard on y'all? I never like first person games it was never immersive to me until this game. I'm addicted. It's gets me out this world. I can't even play another game now I've been spoiled

Yeah I was hyped for the game. My friend said it crashed on him ten times but it crashed on me only twice I guess played in short periods to not make it crash or doing stupid things in the games but it is what it is for gamers. Well I can understand they spent most of their time promoting it for the new consoles and not so many on the previous consoles. I own a ps4 and got it digitally. The only things I notice when playing it is the control schemes like crouching are delayed or not registering when tapping, the headlights in vehicles are not bright enough at night time, the loading time to load the NPC's in the game, the lighting at night is like walking in a forest even with brightness at max level. The AI in the NPC's in the city is somewhat like a toned down version of sim city. I had criminals chit chatting with normal civilian population and I had to instigate the fight which got the police called. I see somewhat of a potential survival of the game if they fix the crashes, lighting, AI, control scheme, glitches

been playin theshit outta this since it dropped on my old ps4. lots of games crash it just as often. conan ran it like a jet and ark graphics look like nintendo, this is not worse than those. im lovin this game and want it to get updated to survive the console wars like gta did. good luck to the pierogi eatin chooms fixin us up 8]

I'm keeping my physical copy performance on PS4 slim been pretty good , just frame rate drop in city and graphics need to be addressed , had the odd bug motorbike falling on road , cars spawning from nowhere in one and disappearing , doing over 210mph through city etc can't be bad lol

Really? I mean come on? Its a bit glitchy, it's been patched so it doesn't crash much anymore; and they're going to keep patching. Offer refunds sure but pulled altogether? I hope it's back there soon and not as a psplus freebie in 6 months time!

If Sony weren't happy with it they should have not accredited it in the first place. "A decision was made" is corporate language for "we were told"

I really feel for the CDPR devs in all this, there appears to be very little appreciation of just how complex it is to create a game. They recieved toxic feedback and threats from the community each time they delayed. Under pressure from investors (including grant funding with a deadline that would have asked for a repayment) and the need to release in time for next gen / Christmas they released a product that wasn't quite ready yet.

Post release the (un)virtuous circle of social media and income driven content has moved like something straight out of cyberpunk to the point where the corporate machine crushes the game......oh sweet irony

I'm a PS4 player, I don't want a refund, I want it patched as the fixes are available and I want the team to be supported to finish the job.

Loving the game, I'll stick with it.
CDPR don't need your sympathy or defense, the public anger is justified, if they can't release a complete product after almost 10 years dev time and fully staffed team? then they deserve a little backlash, they knew it wasn't acceptable and they took people's money anyway. This is why demo's and betas are a thing btw

It would be a nice gesture to give those of us who aren't being prima donnas about it and are going to stick with it and tough it out some kind of unique bonus. Maybe a special car or clothing we can use in the game? After 1.04 I haven't crashed once, haven't had graphical glitches, and no falling cars or other random bugs. Code it so it'll run on the PS4/Xbox One and clean up some other bugs and it'll be solid.

I'm enjoying the game so far, in spite of its troubles, and will continue to play it. Once a sale comes around I may even get a PC copy as well.

Just wanted to say that there may be alot of people talking crap about the game but so far it's far better than basically anything else that has released this year. It has some bugs but what game doesn't when it first releases? No game launches perfect and I think I speak for all us true gamers out there when I say we trust you to take a great game and make it amazing. At least it actually loaded up the first time I started it and not immediately crashed with a fatal error like some...unmentionable games lol. You guys got this.

I'm running into a few bugs that have made the gameplay impossible for me. Really hope this update addresses them! I have the game on Stadia.:(

1. Sometimes gun will not reload and instead will just have a small stutter animation over and over for a split second, but won't actually continue the reload animation and weapons are not reloaded. Can't shoot at all at that point. There are also times where the gun will just continue shooting and emptying the clip. Those two combined together makes the gameplay horrible for me.

2. When this happens, it also will not let me use any heals even though I have plenty.

2. Sometimes when crouching in stealth, the moment I move my joystick, i stand up and begin running. This blows my cover every time.

I've found forums with people experiencing the same thing.

Gun and Health Issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/kbdjyv https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingDetails/comments/9axuq7 https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/kbq8yh
Crouching Issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/kaey1l https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/ka993z
I won't be able to play the game I paid for until these have a fix. Anyone else having this issue?

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience.

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/.

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

I was going to wait for the proper PS5 version to release, but when my boss bought a copy I decided to fold and grab it now.
Glad that I did. Had I held off, I wouldn't have had a choice. Keep working on the updates and I'll keep playing it. Yeah, there are some bugs, and it crashes fairly regularly, but I am still having a lot of fun playing and I'm sure it will only get better over time.

When I played "Pyramid Song" mission, there are bugs underwater, the lights seems weird, the camera floating in the water after I gave it to Judy. I LOVE this mission, for me it's the best mission in this game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX it.

Moreover about the bugs which I hope you can fix:

misty has shown the cards invisibly or the cards have X on it.

The last mission in Arasaka, fighting with Adam Smasher, the mission crashed, I have to restart the game.

Sometimes the game will quit unexpectedly, tried 4 times in 5 hours.

I'll appreciate If there are DLCs about what they gonna happen in Arizona ,finding the cure and the relationship development with all the romancable characters there.

Last edited:
I for one cannot wait to see the improvements that are made . like any massive game the only way to fix it is to break it. Sony MS dropped the ball by expecting a Truely Massive powerful Game to run on 5yr old systems and perform as built. This will be like games with No Mans Sky , Death Stranding is so so brilliant on PC maxed out. I like my PS 4 , but acknowledges what I've known for years its time for a next gen system to play and love playing deep expansive games

I'm still playing. I am experiencing crashes, settings resets, and a plethora of mostly minor visual bugs on PS5, but I'm somehow still glued to the game.

The story, voice acting, music and all the little details are just part of what keeps me going.

I realize folks are fairing worse than I am on base consoles; just hang in there.

I'm excited to do a second playthrough when you have it all patched up, CDPR.

So I unlocked the throwing knife skill, I take it is not the intention that when I throw my epic blade I have no way of retrieving it. If this is a bug please try to fix it. Otherwise the game is very good even on my Xbox one. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom