Important update for PlayStation users

+

Following our discussion with PlayStation, a decision was made to temporarily suspend digital distribution of Cyberpunk 2077 on PlayStation Store. You can still buy physical versions of the game in brick and mortar stores and online. All purchased digital and physical copies of the game will continue to receive support and updates as we continue to improve your experience.

According to our knowledge, starting today, everyone who is not willing to wait for updates and wants to refund their digital copy of the game, can do so by submitting a request at https://www.playstation.com/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/.

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.
Quick one, they will don't touch in already buy digital copies, correct?

Hey so I know there has been a lot of negative press. But I just want to say this game had provided me with a whole new outlook on life. I'm going through a lot, divorce, depression, just general stress. Not to mention a pandemic. What I wanted was escapism. Something to let me get away from the world. But this game didn't give me that. It did however make me feel grounded. From the car that was suicidal to the man suffering from PTSD and put a gun in his mouth. The world is fucked up, but also, I'm not alone. Look I don't know if it's possible but keep that mentality. I know you may have commitments but I want to see more. I need help, I know I do. But I'm not alone, I will always persevere. This makes my life a little brighter. Although there's a lot of bad and I'm a big playstation can I know. The workers at CD really made something amazing and I hope you share this with as many people in your studio as you can. Don't give up. Always persevere. The world isn't just about taking action when you're angry but taking action before your angry. Helping others, being a evolving like Delemain. We all makes mistakes but that's just a part of the human phenomenon. That's what it's all about.

I am forty seven years old and have been playing videogames pretty much since their creation. This is certainly not the worst launch I've seen, every single Bethesda title without exception STILL has serious issues, and yet people bend over to excuse or ignore them. While this isn't unplayable, it does certainly have its own problems.

I play on a PS4 and I've only had one single progression fail but reloading and killing the npcs in a different order solved it. Honestly I bluescreen crash all the time, but many are due to Sony's garbage OS. Personally I've never seen anyone trying to fix a game's issues so quickly. I had to wait from April to December for Generation Zero to fix their patch, no idea if it works, gave up waiting.

If anyone from CDPR sees this, don't worry too much about the hate. No Man's Sky's developer blatantly lied and misrepresented his product and everyone defends it because they eventually added the features he claimed existed. Just keep fixing your mistake, that's the proper thing to do, but remember and don't repeat it.

Going back to play now, really do like what you've got so far.

Alright, so I just looked it up. Don't panic Calibrated84, but this is the first time ever a Playstation game got completely yanked!

But so what! It's just a little indie title from a little known Polish developer. It's not like they could ever afford the kind of advertisement that EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard has, with celebrity appearances and a PR machine to reach millions of gamers. Probably didn't have more than a few hundred pre-orders. That's pocket change for Sony! Sure they're a major corporation that will surely be pissed, but they can forgive the few thousand dollars this game made. Sony won't bend over if they'd find that kind of cash lying on the floor!

And it's not like it was ever hard to get a refund on Sony. I return my games all the time there. Not unlike GoG where if you just install the game, they already consider it a used product. I mean, THEY'd have to completely alter the system and make a never-done-before exception. It's good Sony doesn't have to do THAT!

Totally a bunch of Drama Queens. By this evening, it'll all blow over and people get back to the real big budget titles, like Marvel's Avengers! Or Anthem! Or put-put-minigolf! Heard those are still going strong.

This'll get fixed in no time! I mean, have you seen those assets? Probably some modders could do it for their first project.

I just looked it up.. don't panic whatever your name is.... buuut I NEVER said that this wasn't the first time, or the only time, or ANYTHING about that.

Alright, so I just looked it up. Don't panic Calibrated84, but this is the first time ever a Playstation game got completely yanked!

But so what! It's just a little indie title from a little known Polish developer. It's not like they could ever afford the kind of advertisement that EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard has, with celebrity appearances and a PR machine to reach millions of gamers. Probably didn't have more than a few hundred pre-orders. That's pocket change for Sony! Sure they're a major corporation that will surely be pissed, but they can forgive the few thousand dollars this game made. Sony won't bend over if they'd find that kind of cash lying on the floor!

And it's not like it was ever hard to get a refund on Sony. I return my games all the time there. Not unlike GoG where if you just install the game, they already consider it a used product. I mean, THEY'd have to completely alter the system and make a never-done-before exception. It's good Sony doesn't have to do THAT!

Totally a bunch of Drama Queens. By this evening, it'll all blow over and people get back to the real big budget titles, like Marvel's Avengers! Or Anthem! Or put-put-minigolf! Heard those are still going strong.

This'll get fixed in no time! I mean, have you seen those assets? Probably some modders could do it for their first project.

They are not little known developers, they for sure are Polish, that's about the only thing you got right in that paragraph.
So Keanu Reeves in trailers/in the game as a character and a secondary lore character who resembled the main character, on the "reveal the game" stage, using Billie Eilish music in trailers, a famous musician married to Elon Musk as a voice actor for the biggest celebrity in the game, and to boot you can also find Hideo Kojima (with a different name, but with the same kind of background) in the game, are not celebrities enough for you?
They had around 8 million pre-orders in total, you can bet that it wasn't just few hundred peeps on sony console, maybe if you only count ps5 only users, considering one shop blocked 20 million bots from buying a new stock of ps5 consoles.
Sony stopped them making refunds at first, thus it was pulled from the digital store, and the refunding was activated again. Sony even changed their policy on refunding pre-orders, at first you could refund at any time, like get the rewards or demos from it, and then refund it.
(If you have paid for pre-ordered content on PlayStation Store but have changed your mind about the purchase — you can request a refund. PlayStation Store refunds can be issued for pre-ordered content, as long as the request is made before the release date, or within 14 days of purchase, and the content has not started to download or stream.
Please note, if you have started to download the main part of the order, you will not be able to request a refund. Please be aware that downloads will happen automatically if Automatic Downloads are enabled in your system settings."

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, now can you do the same with GOG? Your game craps all over PC players by forcing us to play on default controls or gamepad. Thank you for the virtual brick, but I want my money back. If you can't be bothered, neither can I.

Talk about overreacting! It's a good game that they poured years of work into. Yes it has a lot of problems, but to insinuate they didn't try is bogus.
Post automatically merged:

They are not little known developers, they for sure are Polish, that's about the only thing you got right in that paragraph.
So Keanu Reeves in trailers/in the game as a character and a secondary lore character who resembled the main character, on the "reveal the game" stage, using Billie Eilish music in trailers, a famous musician married to Elon Musk as a voice actor for the biggest celebrity in the game, and to boot you can also find Hideo Kojima (with a different name, but with the same kind of background) in the game, are not celebrities enough for you?
They had around 8 million pre-orders in total, you can bet that it wasn't just few hundred peeps on sony console, maybe if you only count ps5 only users, considering one shop blocked 20 million bots from buying a new stock of ps5 consoles.
Sony stopped them making refunds at first, thus it was pulled from the digital store, and the refunding was activated again. Sony even changed their policy on refunding pre-orders, at first you could refund at any time, like get the rewards or demos from it, and then refund it.
(If you have paid for pre-ordered content on PlayStation Store but have changed your mind about the purchase — you can request a refund. PlayStation Store refunds can be issued for pre-ordered content, as long as the request is made before the release date, or within 14 days of purchase, and the content has not started to download or stream.
Please note, if you have started to download the main part of the order, you will not be able to request a refund. Please be aware that downloads will happen automatically if Automatic Downloads are enabled in your system settings."

Woosh

I have CDPR shares. Today I lost $ 40,000 due to the fact that you released an incomplete game on consoles. But I believe in you, I know that you will fix everything. I hope the correct conclusions will be drawn and in the future you will be more careful.

It was impossible to follow the wishes of the players and release the game faster in such an unfinished form.

Looking forward to your NASDAQ listing - good luck.

P.S. Now you cannot earn less than 800% for me. :LOL:

Imagine how much you the shareholders would gain if not the Corpos at CDPR were so greedy.
This product has been rushed from start to finish and now CDPR has to pay the piper. It is so unnecessary and stupid. Gambling away a well earned reputation with Witcher 3 and risk ending up in oblivion are not particularly clever.

its one thing to fkk up because of outside interventions. its another to fkk up because of your own stupid self.

Losing $40 000 during a pandemic?

i sure hope you have more money stuffed away. Cause if that was my money i would be furious!

I have CDPR shares. Today I lost $ 40,000 due to the fact that you released an incomplete game on consoles. But I believe in you, I know that you will fix everything. I hope the correct conclusions will be drawn and in the future you will be more careful.

It was impossible to follow the wishes of the players and release the game faster in such an unfinished form.

Looking forward to your NASDAQ listing - good luck.

P.S. Now you cannot earn less than 800% for me. :LOL:

Lol I shoulda shorted CDPR, I knew the moment they showed Keanu Chungus back in 2019 that they were just literally rebooting the entire game and scraping content like crazy.

Damn shame

We are working hard to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

this is a huge bummer! So sad more people can’t enjoy the game because of the loud ones. Sure it crashes from time time, but man it’s a beautiful, story driven rpg that’s the most cyberpunk thing I‘ve ever seen in my life. Suck it haters, I’m not a CDPR fan, never played witcher, but this game is amazing

PS4 Pro user here. I am enjoying the game, looking forward to updates to fix it.

However, can we PLEASE get Mouse and Keyboard support for PS4? I cant aim with a controller, at all.

No, I'm not spending $1000-$3000 on a PC, and I really don't want to buy a XIM (+$100) adapter, specially since "next gens" are out already and who knows if the adapter would work with new consoles.

For Call Of Duty:MW or Warthunder on either PS4 or Xbox One I can plug my wireless mouse and keyboard combo dongle and play no problem.

Thanks!

PS4 Pro user here. I am enjoying the game, looking forward to updates to fix it.

However, can we PLEASE get Mouse and Keyboard support for PS4? I cant aim with a controller, at all.

No, I'm not spending $1000-$3000 on a PC, and I really don't want to buy a XIM (+$100) adapter, specially since "next gens" are out already and who knows if the adapter would work with new consoles.

For Call Of Duty:MW or Warthunder on either PS4 or Xbox One I can plug my wireless mouse and keyboard combo dongle and play no problem.

Thanks!
I just wanted to ask if you (or anyone else) has tried to go for a shadow pc (or whats it called) and play it on a good machine with pc, mouse+keyboard?
and if yes how are your experiences.
if not: why don'T you try? :D

Starting today, I cannot play Cyberpunk on my PS5. I have asked for a refund back in December, but it hasn't arrived yet and now it appears I don't have the game or my money that I paid for it. This is the least ideal scenario. Anyone in the same shoes?

Starting today, I cannot play Cyberpunk on my PS5. I have asked for a refund back in December, but it hasn't arrived yet and now it appears I don't have the game or my money that I paid for it. This is the least ideal scenario. Anyone in the same shoes?
refunds are suppose to be rolling out today

How come? It should work properly on PS5, why did you refund it?

I concur with this. There is a ridiculous fascination with maximizing graphics in the gaming industry now. What's funny, is that VTM: Bloodlines still has some of the best facial animations in gaming despite being way behind today's titles, graphically.
I do not agree. Graphic is important for me, it trick my brain to believe that what I am looking on screen is real. After Cyberpunk I can no longer play other games because the look fake

Top Bottom